Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Parul AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from fear every day in the morning I get up the fear starts I try to control but couldn't then after long process the breathing is high, feverish feeling, back pain rib pain still try to control but doesn't goes then I use suprabeng. 5 mg then every thing is fine. What should I do for my actions.
My body is very paining and mind is also pain I take more medicines but not effective anyone I request you please you help me.
How to detoxify lungs? When it gets effected by smoking. Please give some suggestion to detoxify my lung.
I am very bad in learning new routes I forget all the route even though I have been gone through that route earlier please suggest me solution.
What is the validity of a 2d echocardiography? I had anxiety due to a muscular chest pain. Had done echo which turned out to be normal So wanted to know if there will be a change in result of echocardiogram frequently?
I am suffering from depression and I have suicidal tendency am not concentrating on any work male 25 years age unemployed need any counselling ?
Sir/ madam. Now am doing bsc agriculture. I am worrying about my future. I think so much about something and getting nervous. Currently not concentrating on studies. Help me.
My breakup with a best friend is leading me to socializing and meet anyone .I have lost trust on people and confidence on my self please seek the way out.Please tell.
Alzheimer's Disease is a neurological problem that is characterised by a cognitive decline and memory loss. It is a type of neurodegenerative dementia. The symptoms of Alzheimer's Disease include not being able to absorb and retain new information, lack of reasoning and judging, not being able to take on complex tasks, impaired visuospatial abilities, problems in reading, writing and speech, among many others. If a person has at least two of these symptoms in a debilitating manner, then the diagnosis can be made in favour of Alzheimer's Disease. The main causes of Alzheimer's are shrinkage of the brain size and death of the brain cells. The immune system is also said to trigger this neurodegenerative disease.
Let us find out what medical science has found so far:
- Connections: Many a times, in Alzheimer's disease, the memory and behaviour of the person changes because the brain is unable to make proper neural connections which can lead to memory loss of how a person behaved and the elements that formed the basis of the patient's cognition. Apparently, the immune system behaves in the same way within the brain and blocks the connection. This happens because there is constant communication between the brain and immune system along neurological lines, which is where the disease first emanates.
- Inflammation: The brain is prone to inflammation or swelling that is not the normal kind. This inflammation happens as a result of the activation of the infection fighting neurotransmitters and the chemical changes that happen in the brain when an infection strikes. The inflammation usually happens in the plaques or clumps which the brain tries to protect. These clumps are made up of a protein called Amyloid. The immune system is responsible for creating this inflammation in the brain of the patient.
- Pattern Recognition Receptors: Many of these receptors work in different manners and cooperate with each other to create a response in the brain. These PRRs can be found in the brain plaques, and they develop the signs of danger which further fuels the inflammation in the brain as a matter of protection.
- Activation of Cells Linked with the Immune System: When the PRRs begin to respond, it basically activates the immune system and the cells of the same. This is the basic reaction that causes the changes in brain which then leads to the attachment of the protein to the tissue that is diseased, in which case Alzheimer's Disease starts. The inflammation that we had spoken about earlier basically happens in the nervous tissue.
It is important to recognise and act on the initial signs of Alzheimer's Disease before it progresses beyond one's control.
Doctor pls help me. I had no right choice in front of me. What's my future. My girl friend cheat me I hate my life. This wasteful life. I do not wat I say to u. Only way in front of me is suicide . No choice in front of me. Any possible way to carrying a good job. How to forget her.
Suffering from anxiety take etilam 0.5 2 tabs and prothiaden 25 mg 2 tab at nights feel better in day sleep problems at night and few anxiety.
I need psychological help. I don't know whether these are the symptoms of depression or not, but I feel so that I am getting depressed day by day. I feel sad, I always cry. Sometimes I feel like I want to commit something wrong but then I control myself. Yes I am in a relationship and we fight. But then whenever this situation comes where we fight, I get very weak. I cry a lot, can't sleep till 5 am and when I sleep. I sleep too late. Infact I sleep a bit too much. I feel that I am a lonely person, I feel isolated. Whenever I get to smile for a reason, I get scared along with. So that I do not get to cry again at the end of the day. Sometimes I want to cry my heart out, I want to cry out loud, but I can't. Yes I have self harmed many a times. I have even tried a lot to get myself busy into some activities but it won't help. Sometimes I feel like sharing these with someone but then I can't, I can't open up in front of any of my friends, neither my boyfriend as he might misunderstand me, all I do is just cry and cry. I want to add a few things 1. I had a traumatic childhood, I was molested by my teacher many a times when I was in standard 3, 2. When I was in class 9, I was molested by 3 boys, it was almost a physical molestation, not rape. 3. My mom and dad stay separated. When I was a kid, I used to see my mom and dad fought over small issues and he used to hit her. My dad once punished me by making me stand out of the house in the courtyard during night and that too Without clothes, that time I was in class 2. 4. My dad was an alcoholic person and he used to behave very bad with my mom, grandma and grandpa. He used to give many slangs after he came home totally drunk. 5. When I was in class 12, I attempted suicide by drinking toilet cleaner, for which I was admitted in the hospital an kept in ICU for a week. The incidents which happened with me during childhood created a deep impact on me. That time I was too small to understand that, but today when I remember those I cry a lot, feel ashamed, angry, guilty, helpless. Please help me out and let me know whether these are the symptoms of depression or not.
In India, crimes against women have been on the rise; they might have always happened at the same rate but today's media have become more attentive towards these crimes by bringing them to the forefront. Recently, the devastating news of an Assamese higher secondary student being raped and killed has surfaced. Her floating decomposed body was not discovered until 4th of May when the incident itself occurred on 28th of April. If a rape victim dies, it is the most unfortunate consequence that the parents and the loved ones have to live with but there are numerous victims who survive and they can lead a normal life with guidance and care. Any occurrence of sexual assault not only leaves scars on the outside but also have deeper psychological and emotional effects. The emotional scars can manifest in the form of post-traumatic disorder, depression and suicidal tendencies. If you know anyone who has undergone such an experience, then read on to find out how you can help her get back to her life.
- Medical Examination: Physical effects of rape can be adverse on the victim. Forced sexual assault causes bruising, wounds and vaginal bleeding and immediate medical attention is required to ensure safety. Subsequent medical tests should also be carried out to check for Urinary Tract infection, Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) and uterine fibroids.
- Therapy: Wounds of the flesh heal, but it takes a lot of time to recover from emotional damage and in some cases the survivors bear the burden of psychological scars all through their lives. They may see the incident as an assault to their souls and develop depression, post-traumatic disorder, borderline personality disorder, sleeping and eating disorder. The loved ones have to be understanding and be patient with them. One-on-one therapy or group therapy sessions can be very helpful. Talking about their emotions and resolving issues of anger, regret, pain, fear, guilt in a friendly, supported and understanding environment can help them reconstruct their self-image.
- Counseling: Guilt and shame are two most common stigmas that most survivors have to deal with. They somehow blame themselves for the incident and regret any step they think that might have led to the incident. They become so consumed by the incident that they think the experience defines them, instead of their persona which is called dissociative identity disorder. In such cases counseling sessions can prove to be very beneficial. They need guidance to understand the situation and separate themselves from the incident. The survivors may feel weak and victimized, overpowered and violated; they may also think that they have lost control of their bodies. Counseling can assist to resolve such issues and help them empower themselves with time.
It is important to make the survivors realize that it is not the end of their lives. With a positive attitude, proper rehabilitation and counseling rape survivors can lead a normal, happy life.