Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ParkaarYour feedback matters!
I am a 32 year old male. For the past 3 days when I attend to bathroom to clear my stomach, I am experiencing a lot of pain when the shit is coming down. There is lot of friction with the skin and the pain is unbearable. Today few drops of blood has also come out.
I have some pimples marks and scars and pigmentation on my face, specially on cheeks. I Want flawless skin. Please give me valuable suggestions. Thanks.
Hi doctor I hqve little pimples and redness on my skin so please constant me ayurvedic tips to reduce it one or two would be okay for me dode Thanks doc Jay patel.
Sir, I am facing a lot of problem in my face in my face tan has taken place my forehead is looking totally black please help me.
I have very dull ski with dark circles, I have normal to dry skin. Ca you suggest me whats gud to use to get fair.
Dear doctor, almost 2yrs before I met an accident, so there was a face injury. Currently having scar on my face looks whitish. I am using mederma for the past three months to eradicate scar mark. Is it enough or any other treatment is available to change it to skin colour tone. Kindly suggest in detail.
I'm 34 years old doing a bank job, working on computer for 8 hours I have hyper pigmentation problem on face Now I use to apply aloevera on face in morning for 15 minutes Please advise which food I use to eat more and which I should avoid to get rid of pigmentation I use to lemon and salt more in my diet, is it safe I had skin doctor treatment year ago but after stop using cream and tablets again facing problem Please advise as it look so bad on faca and face is so black compare to rest of body skin color.
I am 41 years and old lady and I feel very week, I got some black patches at my nose and my body and is out of shape even I after dieting and doing all flexible works.
Hello I want to ask abt my skin my face to neck color is dark but from down its fair is this bcs of sun tanning or else and is it treatable can my face color become fair.
I have a lot of black spots in my face and it jas also daren my face day by day please help me with this concern.
Hello doctor I have dark circles under my eyes since 5 years. Have tries many home made things but they are still there. I wear spectacles also. I have also dark spots and pimple marks. Suggest something for clear skin.
I am 24 yrs old female. A few days back a insect bite me on my face and now I am having mark of that on my face. What to do overcome it.
Quite strikingly, acne can become a persistent cause of your worries, if left untreated. Acne not only harms you physically, but also damages your psychological health. Persistent acne can result in a pockmarked face, making you feel sullen and unsure of yourself. Acne refers to a condition where the skin perpetually develops stinging, red bumps. Red pimples might show on your face, shoulders, back or neck. The bumps usually take a lot of time to heal and they leave behind deep scars. And, in order to treat, such scars one can go for cosmetic dermatology procedures.
Acne Scars: What are they?
When inflamed blemishes, result from crushing of excess oil, bacteria and dead cells in your skin pores, enlarge and swell up breaking the follicle wall, acne scarring is caused. One can get rid of acne scars through the natural healing process of your skin if the lesions are not very deep. Deep lesions will require medical assistance. New collagen formation can heal such scars, but it doesn't restore the radiance and tautness of your original skin. Acne scars can be divided into two broad types:
Hypertrophic and Keloid scarring: Raised tissue on the surface of the skin following excess collagen production causes such kind of scars.
Atrophic or depressed scarring: These scars are caused due to reduced tissue production. Small, but noticeable holes on your skin are called Ice picks. However, the boxcar is a scar, which is similar to a chicken pox mark.
Causes of Acne scars:
- Malfunctioning of hormones even after the age of puberty can lead to acne formation in both males and females.
- Food items rich in carbohydrates can trigger acne. Dairy products could also worsen the condition.
- Any medicine that contains lithium, androgen or corticosteroids can worsen this skin condition.
- Bacteria, excess oil, blocked pores, and dead skin cells are the primary reasons behind acne.
Treatments of Acne scars:
Cosmetic dermatology procedures can successfully help you do away with acne scars. Blue-light therapy, is a procedure in cosmetic dermatology, which can work wonders for acne scars. A narrow- band, but high - intensity Blue-light is used to counter Porphyrins released by bacteria causing acne. Porphyrins easily absorb Blue-light and the light leads to radical damage of Porphyrins when used in certain wavelengths.
There are certain topical creams available, which can improve mild scarring, most of the acne scars are either depressed or raised type and need a combination of surgical procedures and skin resurfacing. The therapeutic options that are currently available to treat acne scars include subcision, dermabrasion, microdermabrasion, derma rollers, chemical peels, TCA cross, ablative lasers, fractional lasers and dermal fillers.
Fractional resurfacing laser is one of the most effective treatments for acne scars. It is a minimally-ablative technique that creates microscopic zones of dermal injury in a grid-like pattern. This helps in collagen remodelling, skin tightening, scar improvement, reduction in fine lines, improvement in texture, tone and colour of the skin. A series of 4 to 6 sittings are usually needed for optimal results. Each session lasts for one hour and is performed at monthly intervals.
Certain types of scars such as the ice pick and rolling scars, pixel laser are combined with subcision, dermal rollers and TCA cross. In addition, punch excision and softening of margins with laser can be done for box scars. All the mentioned procedures are well-tolerated with local application of anesthetic creams before procedure. With these procedures, improvement of scars is seen over several weeks.
Lately, injectable dermal fillers are being used for correction of acne scars, giving it a smoother appearance. This is semi-permanent and needs to be redone as and when required. Timely treatment of acne is necessary to keep, both unwanted pigmentation and scars at bay. So, get rid of your scars and make the dream of blemish free and smooth skin come true. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Laser hair removal is a permanent hair removal method that makes use of laser beams to reach the hair follicles before the light from the beam is absorbed by the same. This method is preferred by people who do not want to go in for traditional methods like waxing, tweezing and epilating as these require regular sessions and may not always be convenient.
So, here's all you need to know about laser hair removal:
- Precision: The laser beam that is set on to the skin gets absorbed by the pigment present in the hair follicles. Each pulse of this laser will take a nano second to treat many follicles at one time. The areas like the upper lip and the bikini line can be treated in a matter of minutes.
- Duration: Most people going through this treatment will require at least five to seven sessions so as to attain permanent hair loss.
- Preparation: The procedure does not merely consist of a process that zaps the unwanted hair. Considerable preparation has to go into it, especially since it a long term treatment method. Avoid waxing or electrolysis at least six weeks before the treatment as this may make the skin tender. Also, since the laser beams affect the hair roots that it can catch, it is best to have them grown out so that the procedure is more effective. Also, you will need to limit your time in the sun before going in for the procedure.
- Trimming: Before the procedure actually starts, the hair will require trimming. A few millimetres will be removed, just above the surface of the skin.
- Adjustments: Once the trimming is done, the laser equipment will be trained on your skin for a process of adjustment which will involve studying and adjusting as per the colour, thickness and the site of hair removal. Also, the adjustment will be done in terms of the skin colour.
- Protection: Before the laser pulses are administered, the expert will need to wear eye protection and cover the site of hair removal with a cooling gel that will protect the skin. Also, a test pulse will be administered on to a small patch first, in order to see if there is any reaction or inflammation.
- Aftermath: After the procedure, the application of anti-inflammatory creams and lotions will take place, following which the next session will be scheduled. Usually, the next session will be three to four weeks later.
You must make sure that you going to a well-known clinic where the laser hair removal process is conducted by an expert.