Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Parita ShahYour feedback matters!
Do you get angry easily? Do you fume when something goes against your wish? Does your blood pressure rocket when someone tells you something that you don't like? Anger is a normal emotion of human psychology, but it is equally important to keep your anger under control. Just like any other emotion, anger too varies from person to person, and the circumstances. Uncontrolled anger can lead to mental and physical stress. It also causes stress on relationships and damages your health. Therefore, it is important to practice anger management exercises to control such extremes of emotions.
Here are some of the anger management tips that can help you control your anger:
- Think before you speak: We often say something out of anger and then regret it later. This is a common condition that has been faced by almost everyone at some point of time. Do not say things abruptly without thinking. Always take your time and think over what you are about to say.
- Express your anger once you are calm: Do not say things at the heat of the moment. Once you calm down, express your views on things that are bothering you. This will help you express better without hurting anyone.
- Exercise: Regular exercise is one of the best tools to reduce stress. Light meditative exercises performed on a regular basis such as a morning jog or deep breathing can control your anger to a great extent.
- Identify the specific cause: Instead of being grumpy about things that make you angry, try to find out the root cause of the issue and eliminate it, so that you don't have to face it again. Remind yourself that anger won't solve the problem and can only make situations worse.
- Hold no grudge: Holding on to the negative feelings can only have a negative impact on your own health. Learn to forgive others. Forgiving not only keeps the relationship healthy, but also keeps you away from stress and negative emotions.
- Practice relaxation tactics: When your temper reaches its height, put your relaxation tactics in action. A few tactics like deep breathing or repeating words to yourself like "Take it easy" or "Calm down" can actually calm you down during critical situations.
- Take a timeout: Take short breaks during stressful times of your day. This helps to release some of your stress and calm you down. You may also listen to music, take a light snack or do something that you like, to spend some time away from stressful conditions of your daily routine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
Sir/MamI have a friend who is going through depression and for relief and proper sleep she started BE RELAX named tablet. But problem is that, she is now addicted of that from last one year. Please suggest some preventive measures , how can she can come out from this addiction.
Hi. I really feel depressed. Dnt want to be with anyone. Negative thoughts about life. Always stressed. Full of anxiety for even small matters. Plss help.
What is a difference between a counsellor , psychiatrist and psychologist. I have been depressed since childhood. For depression whom should I consult?
I smoke about 10-15 cigarettes a day. BT nw I want to quit it. BT m nt able to whenever I smell smoke I can't stop myself. So please do help me WD sum solutions.
I am a 25 years (m) guy. Suffering from gender issue. Even my voice has not changed. How can I come out of gayness. Is there any medicine to follow. This is became very trouble in my life. Can you suggest me the valuable steps, I would be grateful to you. Thank you.
I am 26 years old engineer working in private company. I was more than good in my student life. I have never failed in any subject. But also I have never attempted any thing extra ordinary which I think is affecting my professional life. Today I am a low profile person with low confidence. I see person which were with am ot behind m are reaching new heights in life in different manners but I am having stationary position. Please suggest me. Do I need a counseling.
My mother is undergoing unbearable problems with her breathing. She cannot take full breath since last 3 years. She has to deliberately take long breath frequently. She has become very weak and depressed. We consulted many doctors but they are telling her not to take tension or prescribing her anti depressants. however its not working. PLEASE HELP. Where should I take her. Please suggest doctor and treatment.
A depressive disorder is not just a passing phase of the mind; it is a condition which involves your body, mind, and thoughts. It comes in the way of your daily life, thereby preventing you from carrying out your regular routine, even making it harder for you to concentrate or work properly. The exact causes are still not known, but as certain studies suggest, it might be hereditary, due to changes in the neuroendocrine functions, or due to other psychological and social factors.
Some of the depressive disorders are:
- Major depressive disorder
- Persistent depressive disorder
- Other specified or unspecified depressive disorders
Others are classified by their causes:
- Premenstrual Dysphoric disorder
- Another medical condition induced depressive disorder
- Substance/Medication-induced depressive disorder
Depressive disorders can set in at any point in time, but primarily, symptoms are visible in your late teens, 20's or your 30's.
For major depression the symptoms are:
1.Feelings of depression throughout the day
2.Significantly diminished interest in all your activities
Related Tip: Homeopathy and Depression?