Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Parita Shah
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Parita ShahYour feedback matters!
My sister in law is 25 yrs old. She was suffered from panic attack last from 4 days. She has symptoms like racing heartbeat, Shortness of breath, Sweating, Shaking, Changes in mental state including fleeing of detachment. Numbness in the hand or feet. Tightness. Fear that you might die. Please help.
I am a regular smoker, and I am having an urge to quit smoking, and it is getting difficult day by day to end it, I have heard about vaporizers which help quit smoking, what would you advise to go for it or not? And which one?
One of my family member addicted to drink, he is not continue sly drinking sometimes like everyday night he is taking 200 ml used up all these things ,can someone guide any medicine to recover like he will leave drinking habit.
I am a16 years old girl. I am studying . Inter in madhapur hostel. I am getting sleep in classesand I can not able to concentrate completely on studies some times due to health problems.
I need a counsel my life is full off pain and I don't know whom to trust all the doctors only need money here though I have parents and sister they doesn't understand my pain I want some one so that I can share my feeling I feel like dying? I losing my hope? I was betrayed by friends and my girl friend I don't have success in my life I helped many people stood near by them when had bad situation but no one care me now i am all alone. Please advise.
Hi, I am 50 years of age. I am Software Architect. 12 years back I was prescribed Imipramine HCL75 mg from AIIMS. Then, I was taking Dothiepin 75 mg for last 10 years which was affecting my alertness and cognitive abilities (Memory, Concentration, processing speed ) and thereby hampering my professional life. A Psychiatrist prescribed Escitalopram 10 mg tapering off Prothiedine. I feel moderate pain (as in inflammation) all over my head due to which I can do a little work and feeling loss of interest in work and anything and feel less sexual sensation which were intense prior to this medication.
If you're suffering from weak memory or memory loss, Ayurveda might be able to solve your problems. Ayurveda uses natural remedies to cure many diseases, and even though forgetting where you put your glasses or cell phones may not sound discrete enough, it may be early signs of dementia. Before it escalates to that level, here are 5 foods that you may try to curb it as the first signs appear.
- Walnuts and Almonds are the most effective food items to increase your brain power and cure amnesia. They are a rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants that hike up your mental prowess. It is best to have them early in the morning, grinded and mixed with milk and sugar (or a healthier supplement being honey), or otherwise, after being soaked overnight in water.
- Ayurvedic herbs, like rosemary, brahmi, ashwagandha, shankhapushpi, licorice plant, etc., are all known to have medicinal properties that improve your brain power. Regulated incorporation of these herbs in your diet in requisite amount relaxes your mind, and thereby improves its functioning capacity.
- Indian Gooseberry or amla, is rich in Vitamin C, as well as antioxidants, which helps boost immunity, but other than that, amla is also known to have properties to strengthen your nervous system. It is one of the best remedies for managing Alzheimer's disease. It can be consumed raw or dried, and at times along with white sesame seeds.
- Fish oil is an excellent way to enhance your memory, especially if you are a non-vegetarian. It contains rich quantities of omega-3 fatty acids, which help rejuvenate your brain cells. But if you are a vegetarian or vegan, fish oil or even fishes like salmon, might not be best suited to your dietary preference, in which case it may be more helpful to consume Omega-3 supplements which are readily available in the market, or even fenugreek seeds.
- Cinnamon helps in revitalizing your mental health, when consumed, or even when smelled. Add a pinch of cinnamon to your food, or mix a teaspoon with honey, and it will work wonders for your mental health.
- Ghee. A good source of fat-soluble vitamins and essential fatty acids, ghee is recommended in ayurveda to enhance receptive power, cognitive power, intelligence, memory and higher mental faculties. Consuming 1 teaspoon of ghee everyday especially during young age, will support the intellectual functioning of the brain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.