Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pariml JariwalaYour feedback matters!
Hello doc, I am asking in behave of someone else, the question is that: in which time a couple should have sex in order to decrease the chances of pregnancy some people say that five days prior then periods the chances can be decreased but some say that NO! the first five days after periods are very best for decreasing the chances. This poor guy is totally confused, can you please provide a satisfactory and explained answer. Thanks.
I m 19 year old my heart asd closure operation 3 months before that time diet. This time non veg eating creates any problem.
I am 20 yrs old and I have a headach and nose bleeding for 7years please do suggest something? what should I do?
I have sexual problem. Semen discharge with urine during freshing up in morning and evening. It is happening from many years now I am also facing problem of erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation.
HIV/AIDS is a type of STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) which is caused by the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV). The HIV virus attacks the immune system and makes the body vulnerable to other diseases. AIDS is the last stage of the HIV infection; HIV takes about 10 to 12 years to fully culminate into AIDS. AIDS completely destroys the immune system and leads to fatal health conditions and diseases such as cancers and other infections because of AIDS.
HIV is a retrovirus that infects the vital organs of the human immune system. The virus progresses in the absence of antiretroviral therapy. The rate of virus progression varies widely between individuals and depends on many factors (age of the patient, body’s ability to defend against HIV, access to healthcare, existence of coexisting infections, the infected person’s genetic inheritance, resistance to certain strains of HIV).
HIV can be transmitted through:
- Sexual Transmission. It can happen when there is contact with infected sexual secretions. This can happen while having unprotected sex, including vaginal, oral and anal sex or sharing sex toys with someone infected with HIV.
- Perinatal Transmission. The mother can pass the infection on to her child during childbirth, pregnancy, and also through breastfeeding.
- Blood Transmission. The risk of transmitting HIV through blood transfusion is nowadays extremely low in developed countries, thanks to meticulous screening and precautions. Among drug users, sharing and reusing syringes contaminated with HIV-infected blood is extremely hazardous.
Contrary to popular belief, HIV can never spread by means of kissing as the virus cannot survive outside the body.
- The early symptoms of HIV appear within a few weeks of contamination by the virus. The early symptoms include headache, pain in the muscles and the joints, rashes and inflated lymph nodes. These symptoms tend to disappear within 2 to 3 weeks.
- The next set of symptoms might appear after a few years and these are persistent. The symptoms include, but are not limited to fatigue, loss of body weight, inflated lymph nodes, fever, a sensation of numbness near the limbs, pain when you try to swallow, sores in the mouth and sweating at night.
If you are diagnosed with HIV, you should:
- Try to maintain a daily diet containing vegetables, legumes, and fruits which provide you energy.
- Try to include a little bit of fat, carbohydrates (at least 3 servings of vegetable per day), calcium (dairy products) and low-fat protein sources (generally 80-150 gram per day of fish, skinned chicken, low-fat cheese etc.) in your everyday meal.
- Maintain a daily calorie intake of 17-25 calories per pound depending on whether the person is losing weight.
- Vitamins and minerals are particularly necessary to repair the cells damaged by the HIV virus.
So, it is necessary to intake foods such as eggs, milk, peanuts, green vegetables, meat, beans and broccolis on a regular basis, if you have been diagnosed with HIV.
If you are suffering from HIV, you must maintain the following food safety measures:
- You should try to restrict the intake of fat
- Restrict your alcohol intake
- You should try to avoid fast foods
- You should also limit your regular sugar intake and should avoid foods with extra sugar
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
I'm travelling by two days without taking no food by abdomen is getting pain what should I have to do.
Impotence is not a matter of joke. Medically called erectile dysfunction or ED, this condition affects a man’s ability to perform in bed and achieve or maintain an erection, and/or ejaculate. This condition restricts or completely forbids penetrative sex.
Though impotence can occur in men of all ages, its risk increases with age. The common causes of impotence range from the emotional, psychological to the physical like:
- Diabetes: It can causes nerve damage, impairs blood flow and screws up hormone levels.
- Neurological and brain degenerative conditions: Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, brain or spinal tumours, multiple sclerosis, stroke and temporal lobe epilepsy can increase the risk for impotence. Men who’ve had prostate gland surgery can also experience nerve damage and impotence.
- Medications: Beta-blockers, cancer chemotherapy drugs, CNS depressants as well as stimulants like cocaine can cause ED. Diuretics and Prozac can also depress desire.
- Heart problems: Can lead to ED as blood is not pumped all over the body including the penis. Atherosclerosis which causes blockages of arteries is also a cause. High cholesterol and blood pressure both, are associated with an increased risk for impotence.
- Depression: It can cause performance anxiety and can lead to drug and alcohol abuse
- Medications for ED include PDE-5 inhibitors like sildenafil (Viagra), tadalafil (Cialis) and vardenafil (Staxyn, Levitra). These drugs are to be taken 30-60 minutes before sex. However, a doctor must prescribe these drugs after ruling out any heart condition in the patient. Neither are these drugs completely safe. The side effects associated with them include flushing, visual abnormalities, hearing loss, indigestion and headache.
- Vacuum erection devices are a mechanical way of producing an erection. They are preferred by men who do not want or cannot use ED drugs. These devices work by making the penis rigid by the use of a vacuum pump sealed around it that draws up blood. The blood is then prevented from leaving the penis by the use of an accompanying rubber band which is rolled to the base of the penis before penetrative sex can begin.
- The other treatments include testosterone replacement, blood vessel surgery and psychological counselling. It is especially useful for younger men who become impotent due to anxiety and stress. Alternate therapies like acupuncture have also been very effective for treating impotence. Lifestyle changes like denouncing drugs, smoking and alcohol can improve the condition significantly. So can exercising more and eating healthy.
The good news is that impotence is a treatable condition. But the challenge is not to take it lightly and ignore it because it can signal serious underlying problems like heart disease and diabetes. It is advisable that a man affected by impotence should consult a doctor immediately, even if he thinks it’s just caused by stress or his current partner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
My habits of masturbation. Its continue for 1 year & could not control myself. I shall be highly obliged to you if you kindly help me.
A night out with its fair share of drinks is enjoyable, but it is the morning after which tends to have the after affects. Hangovers are a problem with anybody who has had a drink too much the night before and it might leave you in an incapacitated state due to nausea, headache (learn more about the facts of headache) and dehydration.
Here are some of the known homemade remedies which can cure hangovers:
- Make sure you take a lot of water and fluids: After you have woken up after a night out where you had lots to drink, you are bound to have a hangover as alcohol is known to dehydrate the body. Thus it is advisable that you drink plenty of water and other fluids. Only water isn’t going to be enough as water can hydrate you but many of the other nutrients will only be supplied by juices, rehydrating drinks, sports drinks or other such. Thus it is important to consume a variety of these fluids.
- Eat a hearty breakfast: The longer you are with an empty stomach, the longer it is going to take the hangover to go away. Eating a hearty and filling breakfast will relieve the hangover to a great extent. However, eat foods which are easy to digest, such as cereals and toast. Avoid greasy and oily foods in the morning as they may add to the nausea.
- If you have nowhere important to be, go back to bed: If you have the time and nothing to do, then it is advisable to sleep (know more to improve the quality of your sleep) a little longer while you keep rehydrating yourself whenever you wake up. This is going to give your body the fluids it needs while resting is going to give it plenty of opportunity to heal itself.
- Eat ginger, both before and after drinking: Ginger has been used as a home remedy across cultures for centuries to treat nausea. It is thus wise to eat crystallized or candied forms of ginger, both before and after consumption of alcohol as it will lessen its effects on the body. You can take ginger the night after as well to reduce the nausea that comes with hangover.
- Stretch out and exercise a little: Between naps it may not be a bad idea to stretch out and exercise a little, which will help you release endorphins to make you feel better. However, ensure that it is light exercise so that the nausea and headaches are not exacerbated. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
My foreskin is little bit tight when my size of penis is small but when its size gets large its hard to pull up my foreskin does it give any problem after marriage and when its small some white substance I see behind the skin.
I wear spectacles and Everytime I feel headache. Even After taking a proper sleep. What should I do to get rid of headache?
Hi Doctor, I am 14 and I had noticed a bump on my wrist kindly tell me how it has caused and its treatment.
Don’t like social gatherings? Have you always been the one who avoids family get together? If your answer is affirmative, then you are probably suffering from Avoidant personality disorder (APD). Avoidant personality disorder is a psychological condition wherein, one feels extremely shy. Becoming overly sensitive to rejection and developing feelings of inadequacy are common signs of this disorder. This disorder can lead to problems in your work life and relationships.
With APD, the commonly surfacing symptoms would include disapproval and disregard of situations and people, rejection and embarrassment. It generally gets very difficult for the one to get acquainted with new people and form intimate relationships. One generally ends up misinterpreting people’s comments and criticism thus, feeling angry and frustrated all the more.
The exact cause of APD has not been established yet. It is believed that environmental and genetic factors play a role in this disorder. People who are inherently shy and reserved are usually prone to developing this psychological anomaly.
How do you treat APD?
In order to treat APD, you can opt for the following modes of treatment:
- Psychotherapy: Cognitive behavioral therapy is a treatment option for APD wherein, the doctor counsels on how to change one’s thinking patterns and thought process, thus, influencing his/her actions.
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy: Psychodynamic therapy involves you becoming aware of the unconscious thoughts. It helps you figure out how your past experiences frame your behavior. Your past emotional pains can be resolved with this technique so that you can move ahead with your life.
- Medications: Anti-depressant medications used to treat depression and anxiety can be used to treat APD. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.