Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ParikshithYour feedback matters!
Is it safe to drink saffron (kesar) milk during pregnancy and will it influence my baby's complexion?
Hi doctor, I am 23 years old & I skipped my period. I used to get regular periods. My period was on 28th April (28 days) now its may 4 (34 days). We had an intercourse. Getting symptoms as abdominal pain, too much hungry, hair fall, pimples. Am I pregnant? Please help me.
There is continuously pain in Right breast continuously over a month Randomly with redness in nipple. What can I do.!
I am 27 years old and I am suffering from poly cystic ovarian syndrome no regularity in periods I have to suffer from many problemlike pregnancy and always having pain in my back.
I have my periods on 8th of may n I have sex on 12th may means on my 5th day or period so it is possible That I could be pregnant because I have breast pain because body ache headache n eyes burning.
I started my period a week back with two to three drop and it stop after that. So is there anything to worry?
I am 38 years man and my wife if 34 age and she did not like sex at all in 2 months once we do sex so the problem is how I do it all with my wife please reply me.
The inability to conceive after indulging in unprotected sex is known as infertility. It can also be referred to the biological incapability of a male to cause the conception or a woman being unable to carry the pregnancy for full term. Research has shown that female problems contribute to over half of all the infertility cases while a majority of the other causes include sperm disorders.
Treatment of infertility depends on:
- Cause of Infertility
- Duration of Infertility
- Age of both partners
- Personal preferences
Causes of infertility in women include:
1. Ovulation disorders: This is regarded as the most common cause of infertility in women. The disorders can be caused due to the following
- Premature ovarian failure
- PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
- Poor egg quality
- Overactive or Underactive thyroid gland
- Chronic conditions like cancer or AIDS.
2. Problems in fallopian tubes or uterus: Abnormalities in the uterus or fallopian tubes render the woman incapable of conceiving naturally. This might be due to:
3. Medications: There is a possibility that treatment will cure infertility. Examples include NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy.
Treatment of infertility might involve a significant amount of psychological, physical, temporal and financial commitments.
In men, treatment is done to treat lack of healthy sperm or general sexual problems. The treatments include:
- Change in lifestyle
- Sperm retrieval
Even though it is possible to restore fertility in women using only one or two therapies, a number of treatments might be required before conception is possible. Some of these treatments include:
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Stimulation of ovulation with fertility drugs
- Surgery to restore fertility
In situations where pregnancy does not happen spontaneously, Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) can be used by couples to achieve pregnancy. It is a form of fertility treatment which involves the handling of sperm and egg. The entire ART team consists of psychologists, physicians, embryologists, nurses and lab technicians.
One common ART technique is In vitro fertilization (IVF). It is a process where an egg and sperms are manually combined in a laboratory dish, followed by transfer of embryo to the uterus. Some aspects involved in an IVF cycle are:
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Assisted hatching
- Donor eggs or sperm
- Gestational carrier
Some complications that may occur during the treatment of infertility are:
- Multiple pregnancy
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS)
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Adult orthodontics---An insight
A few decades ago, orthodontic treatment was not frequently undertaken for adult patients but the number of adult patients nowadays receiving orthodontic treatment is increasing day by day. Most of the adults (18-40 years) who have not received orthodontic treatment as children or young adults due to financial restrictions or lack of awareness, now want to seek orthodontic treatment as they have become financially independent and are more aware of their looks. Their main goal is to correct their malocclusion, their smile, appearance & their quality of life.
Adult orthodontics demand additional skills to bring out the best possible outcome in most of the cases as most adults in both the younger & older groups fairly understand what they want as outcome of the treatment. Although buccal fixed metallic braces are efficient treatment systems, these motivated adult patients have some concerns about the appearance of conventional orthodontic braces. The demand for an invisible orthodontic treatment comes from adults who are concerned about the reaction of others to obvious orthodontic treatment either due to peer pressure, demands of their working atmosphere other constrains. Nowadays, there are 3 main options for adults to undergo orthodontic treatment:
- Ceramic braces: These are brackets made of tooth colored material placed on the outer side of teeth. They do mask the metallic smile of course, but these are not totally invisible.
- Lingual orthodontics: These braces are placed on the inner side of teeth, so these are not visible at all but patient need more adjustment time in them due to the close proximity of tongue. These are more technically difficult for the orthodontist to use efficiently orthodontists do need to have special training to master this technique with a long steep learning curve.
- Clear aligners: These are transparent appliances which are snapped over teeth for treatment. These appliances are efficient effective for non-extraction treatment with mild to moderate malocclusions but still have a long way to go before they can be successfully used to treat difficult malocclusion cases. Further developments in technique technology may overcome these limitations.
- Summarizing, it can be said that treatment options are numerous. Depending upon the patient’s expectations as well as the financial aspect complications of the case, your orthodontist will suggest you the treatment mode best suited for you. However, its absolutely necessary that patient realizes that the skill competence of a trained certified orthodontist is the most important factor in the success of the treatment.