Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ParikshithYour feedback matters!
Heart attack or myocardial infarction mostly occurs when the flow of blood to the heart is blocked due to one or more reasons. The most prominent reason could be high fat or cholesterol that results in plaque build up in the coronary artery. The restricted blood flow has the potential to damage or even destroy the heart muscle. Some of the symptoms that can be helpful when it comes to the identification of a heart attack are listed below.
1. Discomfort in the Chest - Your chest may feel tight and pressured when you are about to be hit by a heart attack. Pain or discomfort in the chest is usually central typically felt behind the sternum, the central bone of chest. It may not be pain, it may be only discomfort, it may only be in upper part of tummy, very commonly confused with a gas problem. It is often accompanied by a painful sensation in the chest or arms. If a chest pain lasts more than 15-20 min it can be assumed to be a heart attack. This aching sensation may even spread to your back, neck or jaw.
2. Feeling of inconvenience - Often before the heart attack, the person may have feelings of nausea, ingestion, abdominal pain or a heartburn.
3. Breathing problems - Another prominent symptom of heart attack is shortness of breath which is accompanied by cold sweat and fatigue.
If you think you are getting a heart attack, you should immediately take one tablet of Aspirin, 4 tablets of a drug called Clopidogrel, and one tablet of Atorvastatin 80 mg and rush to the nearest possible medical facility as time is very important in the treatment of an acute heart attack.
Related Tip: Heart Attack - Is the Damage Reversible?
What steps to be taken to get pregnant. When to have sex, at what time, what to do after sex immediately.
I am 28 years old female got married two years back & trying to conceive since then but even trying from 2 years I am not conceiving. Me & my husband's all test are normal. Please suggest me how this problem can be solved.
I am 24 year old girl. Last week I had a unproductive sex incidentally. So I took the unwanted 72 pill withing 72 hours after having sex. Now I am nt getting my periods as per the date 30, instead of it I got sm few blood drops and nw it is nt bleeding. please give me the proper suggestion what should I do.
Hi doc. Its been almost a year I am facing a problem after every one or two months. Getting small red pimples under the skin of penis and redness. I am using the hygiene wash on daily basis. It's occurring frequently after one two or three months. It cause me the pain while penetration. Initially I thought it's becoz of anal sex sometime so I immediately stopped but today morning after 2 months I saw d same problem again.
The ovaries are the egg producing organs, an essential part of the female reproductive system, they are responsible for the production of estrogen and release an egg every month. If the egg is fertilized with a sperm it can result in a pregnancy.
Ovarian cysts are quite common among women. Ovarian cysts are known to be small sacs filled with fluid that are situated in the ovaries.
Causes of ovarian cysts: Among ovarian cysts, the most common one is called the 'functional cyst'. This type of cyst is generally formed during the process of ovulation, wherein either the eggs do not successfully release from the sac or the sac (follicle) fails to disintegrate properly after the release of the egg.
Certain factors that can cause ovarian cysts are:
- Age that is ovarian cysts are more likely to occur in women who have reached menopause
- Being overweight or obese
- Consumption of fertility drugs
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Family history of ovarian cysts and cancer
- Early menstruation, that is, the onset of the period before the age of 11
Symptoms related to ovarian cysts: Generally, ovarian cysts show no specific symptoms and are generally located during a physical examination or an ultrasound. But, in case you suffer from large cysts or those that have ruptured, you may experience certain signs like:
- Pain while having sex. Great discomfort may be felt, particularly when deep penetration is attempted.
- Pain in the lower abdominal and pelvic region. This pain may be intermittent or persistent. It can also vary from being mild to quite sharp.
- Irregularity in the menstrual cycle.
- An uncomfortable pressure in the lower abdominal and pelvic area.
- Acute pain in the pelvic area and the lower back all throughout the menstrual period.
- Pain in the pelvic area after a session of vigorous exercise or strenuous physical activity.
- A feeling of discomfort or pain while urinating or during bowel movements.
- Nausea, followed by vomiting.
- Pain in the vaginal area, or light bleeding.
- Problems with healthy bowel movements.
I am 6 months pregnant, I sleep in left side maximum but when I want to turn to right side I forget to get up and turn, Will that make severe problems?
I got married 3 months back. I experience a lot of pain when my husband tries to penetrate during intercourse. Actually m not yet able to have sex.
My menstrual cycle starts on 18 and usually I get my periods 3 days early. I want to start my period early by 7 or 8 days. Are there any pills you can prescribe me.
My wife' s period not coming for 46days. As last mens was on 26 feb15. I have tested by several pregnancy kit but they are creating confusion as control line red and teating line showing fade colour. I am confused. As I have a 5 month child. Please advice me. Thanks.
My grand daughter is 4 months old, she rejects breast feeding for last 10 days (nursing strike), kindly what can be the reason, what's the remedy?
Hello, my wife is not interested in sex after marriage. My wife is reluctant to have oral sex with me.
She had sex first time. But after four days she has pain at her backbone. please tell us about that. What should we do?
I am 26 years old and 13 week pregnant, my doctor done USG himself and report was OK, he prescribed acucal tab and anofer tab, I have seen one of my friend she used to take natural michronised progesterone and l arginine sachet in her pregnancy, my doctor not prescribed any of these, is it OK? And 1 month before my USG shown 8 weeks pregnancy but after one month when my doctor done USG he told that it is 13 weeks, but it should be 12 weeks, is it a problem?
Homeopathic treatment is one of the most natural and effective modes of treatment for a number of diseases and disorders. However, there should be a restriction on certain kinds of food when you are under homeopathic medication. Homeopathic medicines are consumed orally, and the tiny globules get absorbed in the oral cavity, and thus it is recommended that you keep away from food substances with a strong smell and taste. If a minimum gap is not maintained between having food and taking of the medicines, effective results will not be provided.
It has been explained that if you do not intake any food material half an hour before and after taking homeopathic medicines, no harm is done on the effect of the medicine. There is a controversy regarding coffee and homeopathic medicines, but coffee is quite safe to have, but you must keep the timing in mind and maintain the half an hour gap. The same applies to onions, garlic, ginger and other strong-smelling food items. However, in the case of certain homeopathic medicines, coffee acts like an antidote. This is because there are medicines, which are prepared using coffee in crude and roasted forms. You should ask your homeopath about it when he gives you a certain homeopathic medicine.
As long as you are following the half an hour before and after rule, there are no such food restrictions when you are under homeopathic medication. However, in case of certain diseases where the homeopathic cure is used, the intake of several common food items increases the intensity of the disease. For this, you must take several dietary precautions until you start experiencing results from homeopathic medicines.
Foods to be avoided when taking homeopathic treatment for below diseases:
- Respiratory disorders: While you are undergoing a homeopathic treatment for respiratory disorders such as cough and cold, avoid cold drinks, ice cream or any chilled food item.
- Skin disorders: In case of skin disorders, you should avoid rich, spicy food or artificially flavored food of any kind. You should also abstain from non vegetarian food if you want homeopathic medicines to work effectively.
- Gastrointestinal disorders: Keep away from spicy and pungent food and also avoid fried, oily foods while taking homeopathic medicines for gastrointestinal problems. Alcohol should also be abstained from.
- Vitiligo: For effective homeopathic treatment for vitiligo, avoid eating unripe, sour fruits. Avoid anything sour such as curd or yoghurt. Also consume fewer amounts of fish and seafood.
Usually, there are no such food restrictions for homeopathic medicines as long as you maintain the half an hour rule, before and after the intake of a homeopathic medicine.
1. The nuts are rich source of energy and contain health benefiting nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins that are essential for optimum health.
2. They are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids like oleic acid and an excellent source of all important omega-3 essential fatty acids. Intake of walnuts in the diet helps to lower total as well as ldl or bad cholesterol and increases hdl or good cholesterol levels in the blood.
3. N-3 fatty acids by their virtue of anti-inflammatory action help to lower the risk of blood pressure, coronary artery disease, strokes and breast, colon and prostate cancers.
4. These nuts are packed with many important b-complex groups of vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, vitamin b-6, and folates.
5. They are an excellent source of vitamin e. Vitamin e is a powerful lipid soluble antioxidant, required for maintaining the integrity of cell membrane of mucus membranes and skin by protecting it from harmful oxygen-free radicals.