Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Parikshit Vinayak DesaiYour feedback matters!
Hi doc. I'm 25 yrs, 112 kgs, 155 cm height. I have PCOD, got continuous bleeding over 3 months, and have taken medications for that. My doc advised me to undergo Bariatric surgery. But I'm very much confused and depressed about doing surgery and all. I'm not interested too. And one Doctor advised me to follow Paleo diet or a good protein diet for weight loss. I need a true guidance in this moment, I'm really very much worried and depressed about my body. Please doc help me.
My wife (age 38) having breast pain which subsides during periods and for few days following the periods, but it again comes back slowly. Doctor tested and advised evening primrose oil tablets. But the problem is not getting cured permanently.
Hi I just wanted to know when I am doing sex with my hubby my vagina is always scratched and my hubby pennis also so why it would be happened and what should I do? But this is happened from last 4 month before 4 month everything were normal.
I am 5 months pregnant. I have low BP 65/107. I am feeling dizzy while changing my position. What should I do?
I want to be pregnant soon. Last year I got t married. M 35 n husband is 39. When should n in what position should we go for contact. So that it can help us to conceive.
My wife is having tube blockage. We have one child & want another baby. My wife is not interested in IVF due to painful process Kindly suggest ways to overcome the same.
Soap vs hand wash- what should you wash your hands with?
You might be using both - soaps and hand washes, without understanding what is better for your hands. But you may still not be sure as to what to use for washing your hands. Here's a lowdown on these two.
1. Moisturising aspect
Bar soaps not only wash away dirt but also reduce the moisture content of your skin. Soaps that act as deodorants strip away important oils, giving rise to instances of skin irritation. Furthermore, most bar soaps tend to have higher ph levels with very few on the lower side. Liquid soaps or hand washes, on the other hand, come with moisturisers that prevent your skin from becoming very oily or dry.
2. Presence of bacteria
Due to its reusable nature, bar soaps may be home to a number of bacteria. But since the organisms get rinsed off with the suds, it is improbable that bacteria will get transferred to your hands. The pump or squeeze mechanisms of hand washes reduce the chances of you coming in contact with bacteria.
3. Exercise of control in its use
With bar soaps, you tend to waste less as you stop applying soap on your body once you see lather forming. This does not happen with hand washes, the latter gets used a lot as you may not know the right amount of use, and end up squeezing out more than the you need.
Whether you prefer to use soaps or hand washes, it's a matter of personal choice. Depending on your needs, you can opt for either of the two.
I want to know that shatavari churna is helpful in conceiving. Any other product that help in conceiving in ayurvedic. please suggest.
My first delivery was a C-section on 7 November 2015 and the second delivery is due on 8 October 2017. So should I go for normal delivery or a C-section which will better ?
When someone intends to describe'intercourse, the adjective painful is not the first thing to spring up in your mind. But more often than not, you or your partner might be suffering from a painful experience under the sheets that further complicates your relationship.
But to paraphrase, it doesn't have to be like this. If you are encountering pain on a regular basis, it is best to talk to your partner and to a doctor to get rid of the problems.
Below is a list of 6 reasons that could be responsible for a painful intercourse:
- Lack of sufficient lubrication: When the female member is turned on because of foreplay, there is an adequate amount of white mucous discharge in the vagina which works as a natural lubricant and makes penetration easy and comfortable. A lack of sufficient foreplay or a side effect of usage of medications for allergies and antidepressants might make your vagina dry which can cause pain. Also, intercourse before your menstrual period can also facilitate the painful experience. This condition can be checked upon by usage of lubricants which will sufficiently moisturize the vagina.
- Inflammation of the bladder region can also cause pain during sex: It is recommended to urinate after sex in order to drain away the bacteria that might have entered your body during intercourse.
- Infection: Infection in the vagina, which can be denoted by the change of color in the vaginal discharge can be a reason for the pain. Also itching in the vagina (vaginitis) in case of women or infection to certain contraceptives for men can also give rise to pain. Inflammation of prostate gland: for males, severe pain just a few moments before ejaculation might be a result of prostatitis (inflammation of the prostate gland) and should be immediately diagnosed.
- Medical conditions: If the pain during intercourse affects your whole body, then there is a possibility that the pain is a reason for some underlying serious medical condition like problems in the uterus, irritable bowel syndrome or ovarian cysts.
- Hormonal imbalance: If you are pregnant or you have given birth just a few months back, you might feel pain during intercourse as changes in hormones during pregnancy might cause your vagina to dry up.
- For more info you can consult with our herbal experts.