Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Parikshit DesaiYour feedback matters!
I am 26 year's old I hv two daughters and I miss my period ths month and my pregnancy test is negative and I hv White discharge .Is am pregnant.
Is it good to use condoms. Or we should switch to copper T. Does any of the above may harm uterus. please help & give right prevention?
If you feel embarrassed at the loud noise associated with a sneeze and try to suppress it, think again. Your dedication to your board room etiquette can cost you much more than you could possibly imagine. Sneezing is your body’s natural reaction to eliminating harmful bacteria and germs from your system.
During a sneeze your stomach is pulled in and your diaphragm (the thin muscular sheet separating the respiratory system from your stomach) is pulled taut. Your esophagus is pulled back and is in action mode to literally 'spring’ into action and thus eliminate the germs (in the form of mucus) right out of your body. There is considerable force applied in process of ‘burst exhalation!’ When you hold back the sneeze mid-way, you apply a considerable amount of counter force to your body’s natural mechanism. This can cause you to swallow your own tongue (leading to a painful situation that can be even fatal!) or you may risk tearing the linings on the insides of the esophagus and injuring your voice box or the larynx.
The suppression of a sneeze can cause massive built up pressure in our skull which can lead to bursting of ear drums, blood vessels tearing and even brain hemorrhage.
In fact, there have been recorded cases of spinal damage, slipped discs and even rib cage injuries when people have been too polite to let out a sneeze amidst company.
Next time, do not hesitate to let out the noise and the germs as you sneeze. Use a hand sanitizer afterwards to avoid spreading germs though.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Hello doctor. I am unmarried. My LMP was dec 31st 2014. I have 35 days cycle. I had intercourse on january 23rd 2015.So for safety i took mifepristone 200 mg(advised in pharmacy & friends). Till now i have not got my periods. Its almost 2 months now. But my UpT test done on march 3rd 2015 is negative.I am very anxious and stressed. Please tell me what should i do ?
I have delivered a baby one year ago. Now I want get my shape back. I was 57 kg before conceiving and after that it remains and increases by 66 kgs. Is the castor oil works to reduce the belly fat. If yes then please tell me how to use castor oil to reduce the tummy.
I had my period on 25 feb at night and it lasted till march 1 I had sex on 3rd march without condom and I think the boy discharged a drop of precum in my vagina I had I pill next day and suddenly I got some redbrownish spot on my inner wear on 9 march and I am having periods since night then What does it mean? Am I pregnant.
Me and my girl had sex but only outside of her vagina other than nothing but this month she didn't get her period is that leads to any problem of pregnant.
Seeing spots of blood during pregnancy is usually a cause for concern. However, it is not uncommon. The light bleeding, which is known as spotting may occur for a number of reasons.
Bleeding during the first trimester
Spotting is most likely to happen during early pregnancy and the reasons could be many, such as:
- Implantation bleeding occurs during the first month of pregnancy when the fertilised egg gets attached to the wall of the uterus.
- Cervical polyps ( a tumour that form on the surface of the cervix) or yeast infection may also cause episodes of spotting.
- Miscarriage may be another possible reason for spotting
- Ectopic pregnancy is another cause. It is the condition in which the embryo plants itself in either of the fallopian tubes instead of the uterus.
- Molar pregnancy is a rare condition associated with spotting during pregnancy. When this is the case, instead of your baby, an abnormal tissue grows inside the uterus. Sometimes it can be cancerous too.
Bleeding during the second or third trimesters
Spotting may also occur during late pregnancy and the possible reasons are listed below.
- Problems related to placenta like placenta previa placental abruption can also result in spotting. These are serious conditions when the placenta either covers the cervix or it gets detached from the uterine wall respectively.
- Uterine rupture is the rare and unfortunate event when a scar from a previous surgery (like the removal of fibroid or previous caesarean scar bursts open and the baby slips into the pregnant woman's abdomen.
- Premature labour occurs when your body is too eager to deliver the baby, usually one month before the due date of delivery.
- Vasa Previa is another rare condition when a baby who is still developing has his blood vessels entangled in the umbilical cord or placenta-crossing the cervix. It is extremely dangerous because the blood vessels may burst open thus causing the baby to bleed and lose oxygen.
Here's what you can do about spotting
It is strongly recommended that you should immediately see your doctor as soon as you detect any spotting during your pregnancy. Only a well-qualified medical expert can suggest the appropriate steps to be taken, depending on your individual reasons and symptoms related to spotting. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
My wife is of 21 years. Her menstrual date is 17 in every month. But this month menstrual did not occur. Is she going to be pregnant. If not why menstrual did not occour. Which medicine should be taken for stopping pregnancy in this situation?
Sir my gf periods started on 8th of this month and we are interested in physically contact, if I do sex after 20th of this month will cause to any pregnancy. I want safe days according to my gf period to avoid getting pregnant please tell me sir what r the safe days based on 8th date.
Normally a man can do sex how many times in a day regularly. I am 29 year old and able to have sex with my wife once in a day, sometimes two. What should I do to cure it and with whom I should concern.
I am 37 year old. My wife 29. We married 7 years ago. And we have 5 year one (boy) child. But due to ego problem of my wife. She live separate(place) lost one and half years. She go for b ed course for 2 years with out our permission. With the help of her parents. She does not agree come back with out complete her education. But lost 6 months I going to court for divorce. Not only for this reason, her harassment also. After 2 year she agreed to compromise. But I am not. My question is can women leave with out sex in 2 years? How many days? Men and women lived with out sex after marriage? Is it possible.
During ladies periods time extra pain are held so what is the reason please tell it is related to my wife please tell me about its cause and prevention please.
- You can change your smile through the “Magic of Orthodontics,” the original smile-maker technique. Orthodontics is a sub-specialty of dentistry that is devoted to the study and treatment of malocclusions (improper bites). And there really is a certain magic in the way that teeth actually can be moved through bone into new positions.
- While most people seek it out for purely cosmetic reasons, orthodontics improves your biting function and oral health which in turn improves esthetics.