Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Parikshit DesaiYour feedback matters!
Swimming or running? Having to prioritize between the two can be quite a daunting task. While swimming has its loyal followers, one cannot ignore the health benefits of running either. In fact, swimming and running are like two faces of the same coin. What is suitable for one may not be an ideal choice for another. While swimming may be helpful for some, others might benefit from running. Following the mad rush does not make any sense. Know what are your requirements, strengths, and weaknesses and then choose between the two.
This article is an attempt to clear your confusion and thus, help you choose between the two.
- Injury: Running and swimming can both result in an injury. However, running is more intense. Thus, chances and frequency of an injury (muscle cramps, ligament tear, sprain or fracture) are slightly more in the case of running. In comparison, swimming is less strenuous. There is less probability of a sprain or a fracture in swimming.
- Body workout: If you are looking for a complete body workout, swimming is what the doctors have just advised. The different strokes in swimming ensure maximum muscular movements. Every part of your body, from head toe, are involved in swimming. Running, however, is not a complete body workout.
- Joint problems: For people with joint problems or associated conditions such as arthritis (especially Rheumatoid Arthritis), running might be highly uncomfortable and risky, aggravating the problems further. Under such circumstances, swimming comes as a much-needed breather. Not only is it safe, but also comfortable (people with severe arthritis should, however, consult the doctor before swimming). Swimming is an excellent exercise for improving the motor skills and also building on the core strength.
- Calories burned: Finally some good news for the runners. If you are looking for a high-calorie burnout (where you have to sweat it out literally), running is what you just need. Swimming also helps to burn the calories, but running has a slightly higher impact. As per a survey, you burn close to 700 calories by running for seven miles per hour. Surprising, you burn only 550 calories (per hour) by swimming 50 yards per minute.
- Bone health: If swimming is good for the joints, running is important for your bones. Running plays a pivotal role in improving and increasing the bone density in a person.
- Hormonal effect: Swimming or running both are believed to improve your cognitive abilities. Endorphins, which are commonly known as the ‘feel good’ hormone and is known to lift your spirits. They enhance your mood like never before.
Both swimming and running come with their own sets of merits and demerits. Choosing between the two can be an uphill task. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
I had dry sex with my girlfriend. I didn't penetrate inside her ,in fact I didn't even ejaculate but my precum touches her private part. After 4-5 days her period was started. But after 1.5 days it was stopped. She said she had experienced this short term period before. But after that she is feeling nausea. So we are scared. Can precum makes her pregnant? Please answer fast. Thanks.
Dear I tested today and it shows negative. My last period is 28.02.2017. Is there any issue. I think I am pregnant.
My wife is 30 years old. We are trying for a child and her periods are due for 10 days. HPT showed faint line which as per the instructions on the kit is positive. Is she pregnant? She is having severe back pain and stomach ache. Is the common during pregnancy?
Last period on 22 april. Got positive pregnancy test. Last month. But light spotting started for 16 days. Day before yesterday again got positive pregnancy test. I don't know really I am pregnant or not.
My vagina is very tight after 5 times sex also. I'm getting very much pain while having sex. What is the solution?
You often consume a much higher amount of sugar than you should actually, as it is widely present in a very high number of foods and beverages. Research suggests that this excessive sugar consumption may ultimately be very harmful for your health - and that it may badly harm your skin. Experts believe that too much intake of sugar can make your skin look wrinkled or dull, and also lead to a host of other skin-related disorders. Here are the ways in which excessive sugar consumption affects your skin:
- Causes inflammation: Inflammation, caused by excess sugar intake, can be really damaging for the body - especially because it negatively impacts your immune system, and may lead to frequent breakouts on the skins and increased chances of pimples or warts.
- Increases wrinkling: Sugar's inflammatory properties not only lead to breakouts on the skin, but also cause wrinkles. Collagen, which is essential for healthy, supple skin, is broken down by sugar, which makes the skin look dehydrated and dull, also increasing the chances of premature wrinkling.
- Causes imbalances in blood sugar level: Excessive sugar consumption causes irregularities in blood sugar levels by initially increasing sugar levels, which then reduces when insulin in released into your cells. It often ends up making you hungry, moody or shaky and increases stress levels leading to dull looking skin.
- Leads to occurrence of acne: Increased intake of sugar results in stimulation of hormone levels which raises sebum production and in turn affects growth of skin cells. This may be reason of acne.