Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Parik ShekhYour feedback matters!
I am woman, 52, I am a housewife, I do not suffer any major health problem like diabetes etc and even went for all major medical reports and all were normal. Yet many times my leg pain. What could be possible reason.
I am a 28 year old man feeling weakness for last one week and having pain in my all body specially in legs. What should I do?
I am suffering from spondylosis with c-3 to c-7 in the x-ray shows gap. What is the remedy? I am undergoing physiotherapy at present. Pain killer tablets give only temporary relief. I am undergoing traction and ultrasound treatment from doctor at present.
I have paining my back. When I sleep that time I cant turn any where. When I turning morning time my back is paining very pain, please give me suggestion.?
With changing lifestyles, the small household chores have become the workouts for most of us. When not done properly, however, these cause more harm than good. The spine often bears the brunt of this damage. Read on to know if you are damaging your spine on a daily basis. If yes, time to change the way you do these activities.
- Carrying shopping bags: While two bags might look more expensive, carrying one bag tilts the weight to one side and causes the spine to bend. Instead, opt for two small bags, and this weight distribution is friendly on the spine.
- Cleaning the floor: Either sit down completely or stand and use a mop. Never bend down and try to clean the floor with a cloth. The spine posture created during this is very unhealthy and puts pressure on the spine.
- Tying up shoe laces: While it is difficult to sit down and tie the shoe laces, it is definitely worth the effort. Bending down and tying is harmful to the spine posture, and when repeatedly done, can be damaging in the long run.
- Washing vessels: Bending and washing vessels is a strict no-no. It puts too much pressure on the back and the disk wears out faster. Try standing and keep a stool at knee level, on which you can rest the knee. Take turns to do this on the right and left knee.
- At the washbasin: Bending down to brush the teeth or wash face is bad on the spine. Over a long period, this can put lot of strain on the spine. Try to rest your hand on the wall or the sink and see the pressure on the spine reduce.
- Office/school bags: It is very easy to sling a bag onto the shoulder and go on. The bag could contain books of a school kid or laptop of an office goer, whatever may be the situation, this puts uneven pressure on the back and can cause shoulder and spine issues. Always try to put the bag on both your shoulders. This distributes the weight and makes it easy on your shoulders and spine. Especially for people who are going to do some walking with the bag, it is definitely not advisable to carry it on one side.
- Sitting: For those who end up sitting for long hours, there is too much stress on the back and so support is advisable. Take short breaks and avoid sitting for more than an hour at a stretch.
- Bad mattress: While a soft mattress is very inviting, it does not support the spine and does not leave you fresh in the morning. Choose a mattress that supports the spine and see the difference. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Oftenly My knees and feet remain cold compared to rest of my body. And usually I have headaches when I wake up.
I have pain in heels of feet. Painful in the morning when I get up or prolonged standing while cooking. I find the side of heels to be swollen. Mcp slippers don't seem to help. I recently found my vitamin d to be below normal though calcium is normal. My thyroid levels and hemoglobin are normal. Checked above because my weight increased considerably post delivery and currently lactating. Please suggest some permanent remedy for heel pain.
I am 28 years old male. My left knee MRI report says There is large expensive eccentric mass lesion is seen involving left femoral condyle with thinning of cortex with multiple break in continuity. The lesion shows heterogeneous high signal with low to intermediate signal intensity. On T1images the lesion shows low to intermediate signal intensity with lower signal on peripherally. There is perilesional bone marrow edema at proximal to lesion. There is no fluid-fluid level is seen. There is patchy altered signal intensity seen in posterior particular soft tissue. There is no articular extension is noted. There is significant joint effusion is noted with fluid fluid level with heterogeneous signal-S/o hemarthrosis. The study shows normal appearance & signal intensity of both collateral ligaments, PCL,medical & lateral meniscus. Patellar & quadriceps tendon appears as normal signal void structure. Patella with its lateral, medical retinaculae & tendon appear to be remarkable. Upper end of tibia & fibula shows normal appearance & signal intensity.
Sir I have frozen shoulder what to do its pain very badly. I am doing regular exercise but pain is severe. Pl help me.
Gout is a type of arthritis, which can affect your joints, though usually, it causes maximum harm to your big toe. Symptoms that you are having a bout of gout include having a stiffness and swelling of the joint in question. The pain is very sudden and also causes a burning sensation. Gout is basically a recurrent type of inflammatory arthritis. However, the pain associated with gout can be remedied by Ayurveda.
Here are some of the best Ayurvedic remedies which can be used:
- Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu: Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu is the most common and most widely recommended treatment for gout. However, it needs to be taken on an empty stomach. It is also worth note that it works best when teaspoons of it are taken two times a day with warm milk.
- Kaishore Guggulu: Kaishore guggulu is a type of medicine, which should be accompanying Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu. It Is usually administered after some initial relief is felt from Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu. Its best to consume this medicine in tablet form thrice a day.
- Shallaki: This Ayurvedic remedy is great for decreasing the pain in the joints affected. It also decreases the swelling in those joints, which have been affected by the bout of gout. Shallaki is also crucial in making sure that cartilage forms and that the blood supply to the joint which is affected by gout is still stable.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains and also inflammation of muscles. This herb can also work wonders on your blood circulation.
- Pinda Taila: This is a type of oil which needs to be applied externally. Pinda Taila is a very rare class of medicines which treats gout externally. Pinda Taila or Guduchyadi Taila is administered by rubbing it on the body part affected. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.