Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Paresh R. PaiYour feedback matters!
The lifestyle we lead plays an important role. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is important to overcome many diseases as it helps in bringing the blood pressure to normal and in turn reduce the risks of diseases, such as diabetes and hypertension. Factors like smoking, diet, stress and sedentary lifestyle can lead to hypertension and diabetes. Hypertension is known as silent killer as it is symptomless.
There are various traditional medicines known to lower the blood pressure. Also, there are certain herbs that help in controlling blood pressure and preventing other diseases.
Some of these herbs are:
- Basil: This herb has a strong aroma and can be used in the preparation of many foods. It also helps in lowering the blood pressure, though for a brief time. Adding freshly chopped or torn basil to soups, salads, pastas and casseroles not only enhance the taste but are also beneficial for health.
- Cinnamon: This herb requires some effort to add in the diet, but is helpful in maintain the blood pressure. Diabetic people should have cinnamon everyday in some or the other way. Cinnamon can be included by sprinkling over cereals, oats, coffee, stews and curries.
- Cardamom: Cardamom if consumed daily can be helpful in bringing down blood pressure and in turn controlling hypertension and diabetes. Cardamom is very popular in South Asia, the seeds can be powdered and used in stews, soups or baking. It not only has an enhanced flavor but is also packed with numerous health benefits.
- Flaxseed: This is very rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are believed to lower the blood pressure and also protect the body against atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. They are known for reducing cholesterol levels, and improving glucose tolerance thus acting as antioxidant. Flaxseeds can be added in smoothies and soups or baked goods.
- Garlic: Garlic often synonymous with bad breath and pungent seasoning has immense health benefits. It dilates and relaxes the blood vessels allowing the blood to flow freely and in turn reduces the blood pressure.
- Ginger: Adding ginger to the diet helps to control the blood pressure. It relaxes the blood vessels and improves the circulation of the blood. Ginger can be used in sweets, savories and beverages and is very common in Asian food.
- Celery Seed: This is a diuretic and in China it is used to treat hypertension. This can be used to flavor stews, soups, savory dishes and casseroles. Both the seeds and the plant have various benefits and uses of their own.
- Hawthorn: This herb is used to treat high blood pressure in China. Decoctions of the herb have health benefits such as reduction of blood pressure, controlling hypertension and blood circulation.
I am suffering from cold from a week and now my chest is paining little. Pls suggest any kind of remedy.
Suffering from peripheral arterial disease. Severe pain in both feet. Medication will Solve problem or angioplasty. How do you Remove plaque from micro blood vessels.
I am 60 year old diabetic, my fasting level is 140 blood pressure is 160/90 problem in legs nerves. Kft is ok.
My friend suffering low bp (100/60) n giddiness with more hunger she had exams so she got tension please suggest me home remedy n ayurvedic and allopathic medicines wt is reason please suggest me.
My father undergo angioplasty few months ago, I would like what sort of precautions should he take to keep his cholesterol under control?
I have low blood group. I have get tired in evening. Please give me a right suggestions. How I care myself.
How can I get fired from diabetes? And also tell me about the diet control Can this effect on blood pressure. Hoping an early reply.
I want to know the diet chart for my father as he is recovering from heart attack and stent is placed in heart.
I had missed my period since 2 weeks, and feeling exhausted, irritable, hypertension, weakness, Dr. what I do.
I am 51 years old and I have BP, but I do not want to take bp medicines continuously life long. Please suggest as how I can control my BP through ayurveda medicine or home remedies. Johny.
I feel very tensed and my heart rate is 86 I am 21 year male. How can I reduce to normal heart rate?
I am 43 year old and my tricliricide level in blood is 450. My doctor prescribed a medicine Pivasta 4.Now it is 186. Is there any way to reduce it without drug or I have to take the medicine for life long. What could be possible side effect of the medicine.
मेरा मधुमेह का इलाज चल रहा है और जब इस बीमारी का 3 महीने पहले इस बीमारी का पता चला तब मेरा hba1c 8.1 जो अब 3 महीने बाद घटकर 6.14 रहा गया है लेकिन मेरा total cholesterol मात्र 108 रह गया है और वजन 64 किलो से घटकर 59 किलो हो गया है मैं सुबह खाली पेट आधी टेबलेट glimepiride 1 mg और 1 टेबलेट 500 mg मेटामोर्फिन लेता हूँ क्या मैं विटामिन e ले सकता हूँ और भो मेरे लिए कोई सलाह हो तो प्लीज जरूर दें मेरे टोटल cholesterol और वजन इतना कम क्यों हो गया है प्लीज कोई 2 मिनट का समय देने की कृपा करे आपकी महान दया होगी
• Family history. high blood pressure runs in families.
• Overweight or obesity.
• Being physically inactive.
• Tobacco use. .
• High salt (sodium) in your diet.
• Less potassium in your diet.
• Less vitamin D in your diet. .
• Alcohol consumption
• Other conditions like chronic kidney disease, diabetes
and sometimes pregnancy can also contribute to high