Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Pareek HarivanshYour feedback matters!
My father is suffering from severe cold last few months, a doctor suggested surgery. I want to know whether he has do under go surgery or not. Ct scan report says 1) musical thickening noted in ethmoidal, b/l maxillary & sphenoidal sinuses 2) nasal septum is deviated to right side 3) pnematisation of left middle turbinate - s/o Concha Bullosa 4) musical thickening causing narrowing of both OMCS. How big is surgery and how much time it takes? What could be the approximate cost?
I am 22 year boy. I get regular wound on my ear back and on my nose. Sometime it is on my nose after that at back of ear. I also have oily skin. It happen from nearly 2 year
Recently, I have started getting spins. I doubt its vertigo. I want to get rid of it permanently. How can I get permanent solution for it?
I have headache fr 4-5 days and sneezing problem also and body pain and it seems fever so kindly suggest me fr cure.
Hi Doctors, Please help me I'm 18 weeks pregnant & suffering from soar throat for past 4 days with headache with temperature 98-99 I'm really scared my tummy feels cold some time please help me please.
Hello Doc, I am 32 years old male and reduced 15 kgs (99 to 84) in 4 months in Gym by exercising and dieting; and post reducing maintaining 84 kgs weight from last 2 months by increasing diet slowly. The prob is that I am falling sick very frequently (3 times in last 2 months) with nausea, throat pain and cough. I had to take Levoflox 500 course for 10 days everytime to recover from it. Actually, I am feeling like my immunity has gone down and also I am not able to be regular in gym due to lack of internal strength. What should I take to increase internal strength and boost immunity and increase energy by not increasing the weight. I am taking 3/4 proper meals and CBC results are absolutely normal. Thanks in advance for your advice.
Sinuses are cavities in our skull behind the nose which spread out in a pattern. These cavities are lined with tissues and mucosal membranes and are essential for our breathing process. Sinusitis is a condition where the tissues within the cavities become inflamed which results in the sinus cavities being blocked due to a buildup of fluid.
What are the conditions that can lead to sinusitis?
Some of the conditions that can cause nasal polyps are explained as follows:
- Nasal polyps are small growths of tissue within the lining of the nose which may block the sinuses, resulting in sinusitis.
- Common cold is also a culprit which may result in sinusitis
- If your septum or the bridge between the holes of the nose is deviated (this condition is referred to as a deviated septum), you may be prone to developing sinusitis.
- The lining of the nose may swell in a condition known as allergic rhinitis and cause sinusitis as well.
Types of sinusitis
There are multiple types of sinusitis which may affect people and also on how long they last. The various types of sinusitis are explained below:
- Acute sinusitis: This is the most common form of sinusitis that lasts usually between 2 to 4 weeks. It starts with a cold, blocked nose and turns into facial pain that usually starts very suddenly.
- Chronic sinusitis: This is a form of sinus infection which can have a debilitating effect on your life and may last for 12 weeks or longer.
- Sub-acute sinusitis: This is somewhere between acute and chronic sinusitis and may last from anywhere between 4 to 12 weeks.
- Recurrent sinusitis: This form of sinus infections tend to be a variation of acute or sub-acute sinusitis which tends to occur multiple times a year.
Symptoms of sinusitis
The manifestation of the symptoms of sinusitis may be different from person to person and also on the type of sinusitis you are suffering from. However, there are some generic symptoms that are common to all forms which are mentioned as follows:
- Smelling senses may be dulled
- Facial pain
- Congestion accompanied by a cough
- Nose may be blocked, stuffy and may also be runny
- Other symptoms may also include bad breath, fatigue, or even dental pain
- Nasal cavity may have pus and it may drain from time to time
It is best to consult a doctor quickly, if you have been having any of these symptoms. The doctor can prescribe nasal decongestants and antibiotics which can help. If you have chronic or recurrent sinusitis, then more aggressive and advanced treatments may be required.