Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pareek Harivansh
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Pareek HarivanshYour feedback matters!
I am a Diabetic patient, when I ate water Rich Vegetable / fruits, immediately I will be affected with severe Cold which will continue more than 15 days. During the cold blood also coming from nose. What is the remedy for this.
I am a 25 year old woman and need to get rid of my sinus problem naturally. Its not severe but every morning I wake up with my nose chocked and mouth dry. I tried jal neti but I cant seem to do it properly and the condition worsens. Any other options?
After reading about tinnitus recently, I wish to know more about tinnitus maskers'. How are they obtained? Do you need a doctor s prescription? Can pensioners get one at a reduced rate?
My brother is 17 years old and he is suffering from severe throat infection. We already giving all medicines prescribed by doctor. Kindly tell what to give - what not to give him for drinking as well as eating.
I basically snore when m really tired or exhausted after hectic schedule at work. I snore and realize that m doing and wake up post that. What's the reason of same ?
I am having pain in my throat and chest while drinking water and sometimes feels like heart has stopped, pain in chestbone and throat when drinking water or food. I suffer from allergic bronchitis. Is it related to food pipe pain or how.
Dear doctor, I am 50 year old male and have been diagnosed with tinnitus. I have buzzing in both the ears and is causing problem. Audiometric test shows a little loss in high frequency. What should I do to prevent further loss of hearing and getting rid of buzzing in the ears?
Hi doctor, I am 30 years female, I have uncomfortable, mild pain in left shoulder, arm And giddiness weakness since 15 days. My ecg, bp, blood sugar tests are showing normal result. Please doctor give me solution.
The most common ear infections happen because of bacterial or viral growth in the middle ear, the part which lies just behind the ear drum. Middle-ear infections can be very painful and children are most commonly reported in children. Most of these infections are caused by the blockage of the Eustachian tube, which connects the ear and the throat, causing the build-up of fluids and swelling. Here is a guide to the most common forms of ear infections and their symptoms, ranging from the acute to the chronic.
Acute infections have intense symptoms but can be cured with time and treatment. They generally last for shorter durations.
In Chronic cases of infections, the patient complains of recurrent symptoms multiple times. Chronic ear infections have the potential of causing permanent damage to the ear.
Symptoms reported by most patients with Ear infections:
1. Pain in the ear (Mild to severe): This is caused due to increased pressure owing to the blockage of the Eustachian tube. Collection of fluid inside the ear would increase the intensity of pain in most cases. Children will keep tugging at their ear and most likely be cranky.
2. Redness and swelling: Both of these are inevitable accompanying symptoms in case of any infection in the body.
3. Oozing of the fluids: The blockage leads to the fluid being released from the ear which can be watery, thick yellow or mixed with blood depending on the severity and type of infection.
5. Difficulty in sleeping.
6. In some cases when the infection spreads, difficulty in balancing the body is experienced as body balance is maintained by ears.
7. The patient might also experience increased irritability.
8. Ear infections can also cause a hearing problem if the condition continues to go untreated.
Ear infections should be promptly dealt with to prevent long-term damages. So here is what should be done when you have ear pain symptoms.
1. Consult an ENT who will prescribe pain medication as the first line of treatment.
2. After the necessary tests are done, antibiotics are prescribed in most cases by the doctor. Other medications for palliative treatment (to ease the symptoms) are administered. However in a few rare cases, the infection might be because of non-bacterial causes in which antibiotics might not cure the state.
3. In case the problem keeps recurring, one must visit the doctor again and get further tests and treatment done.
As prevention is always better than cure, care should be taken to avoid all chances of carrying the infection to your ear. Maintain cleanliness in and around, especially in the case of children. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!