Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Paras JainYour feedback matters!
Hi I have chest pain in left side (lower part) of chest I have breathing problem also which make mee feel discomfort neck part I can not travel now a days make me feel dizziness al the time im always stress out feel really low I stay in hostel please tell me what to do ECG is normal so whats the problem I feel pain and breathing problem. I can not sleep at night properly wakes me up due to suffocating please help me:(i do not smoke nor drinks I do not do such stupid things.
Sinuses are cavities in our skull behind the nose which spread out in a pattern. These cavities are lined with tissues and mucosal membranes and are essential for our breathing process. Sinusitis is a condition where the tissues within the cavities become inflamed which results in the sinus cavities being blocked due to a buildup of fluid.
What are the conditions that can lead to sinusitis?
Some of the conditions that can cause nasal polyps are explained as follows:
- Nasal polyps are small growths of tissue within the lining of the nose which may block the sinuses, resulting in sinusitis.
- Common cold is also a culprit which may result in sinusitis
- If your septum or the bridge between the holes of the nose is deviated (this condition is referred to as a deviated septum), you may be prone to developing sinusitis.
- The lining of the nose may swell in a condition known as allergic rhinitis and cause sinusitis as well.
Types of sinusitis
There are multiple types of sinusitis which may affect people and also on how long they last. The various types of sinusitis are explained below:
- Acute sinusitis: This is the most common form of sinusitis that lasts usually between 2 to 4 weeks. It starts with a cold, blocked nose and turns into facial pain that usually starts very suddenly.
- Chronic sinusitis: This is a form of sinus infection which can have a debilitating effect on your life and may last for 12 weeks or longer.
- Sub-acute sinusitis: This is somewhere between acute and chronic sinusitis and may last from anywhere between 4 to 12 weeks.
- Recurrent sinusitis: This form of sinus infections tend to be a variation of acute or sub-acute sinusitis which tends to occur multiple times a year.
Symptoms of sinusitis
The manifestation of the symptoms of sinusitis may be different from person to person and also on the type of sinusitis you are suffering from. However, there are some generic symptoms that are common to all forms which are mentioned as follows:
- Smelling senses may be dulled
- Facial pain
- Congestion accompanied by a cough
- Nose may be blocked, stuffy and may also be runny
- Other symptoms may also include bad breath, fatigue, or even dental pain
- Nasal cavity may have pus and it may drain from time to time
It is best to consult a doctor quickly, if you have been having any of these symptoms. The doctor can prescribe nasal decongestants and antibiotics which can help. If you have chronic or recurrent sinusitis, then more aggressive and advanced treatments may be required.
I am 21 years old male I keep snoring a lot and wake up in middle of the night some times to grasp for some air. What should I do?
Sir I have been suffering from sinus problem for last 2 years, please suggest me a treatment to cure it permanently.
My wife is 33 year old female and she have a throat infection with heavy cough for past 2 days please give some medicine what should we do.
My mother aged 49 Has 2 problems 1) she sweats alot when she does a little household work she looks like she just returned home after a. Walk outside in the hot afternoon 2) she sneezes alot and once it starts if lasts for about 10-5 sneezes back to back I guess she has some kind. Of allergy. I just do not know what is causing that allergy.
I am 25 yrs old. During swimming water entered into my right ear. Due to tis I am not listening properly even though dont have pain. Its happened 2 days back. So, what should I do ?
Hi I am suresh my problem is mouth infections like tongue whiteness not recovered and throat infection without pain not healed from last 6 months. I have gastric problem like food is not digestive. Is oral infections caused by stomach gastric erosions? What can I do Please support me don't neglect and give best answer for oral infections.
My throat ache is not affected by the medicine I have been taking since 3 days as prescribed by a doctor (Consulting Physician and Cardiologist). So please help me reduce my throat pain along with the sneezing and coughing problem. 604354
I am having infection in my throat for past 15 days. Even after medication I am not having complete relief. What should I do to get complete relief.
Im suffering from throat infection and a bit feverish but I'm breast feeding my 8 months baby our family doctor advised to take azithromycin antibiotics is it safe while breast feeding and how many mg should I take.
Hello Dr. I am suffering acidity, after meal when I drink tea or some eat sweat, then make very acidity and feel in the throat. please take a best advice dr.
I am 23 yr old male having problem in my left ear while cleaning it. After cleaning their is severe pain and I hear less please help me
Hi Doctor, I'm a 22 years old girl and I have sinus for last 5 years. My eyes have puffiness. Recently it bulged a lot, I had used many creams to reduce puffiness but nothing works. Nowadays everybody told me about this. I l feel aged when I see myself on mirror. What should I do doctor?
I suffering with throat pain. Unable to swallow food. Paining a lot. I am having toners. savior cough.what to do?
-does not responds to sound by making sounds, or by looking at the speaker.
- isn't using gestures, such as bye-bye & does not stops activity in response to'no.
- does not point to five body parts and has trouble imitating tow word sentences
- does not follow a serious two simple but related commands.
- about three quaters of the child's speech at 3 years and by 4 years old, a child should mostly be understood even by people who don't know the child.
If your answer is" yes, consult a speech language pathologist