Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Parak MehtaYour feedback matters!
What are the chances of getting HIV through hospitals. What happens if the doctor forget and inject the syringe needle in other person what happens if the doctor forget and inject already used needle any risks? In hospitals.
My sister suffering from the heavy and Dry cough Which medicine is should be taken in this condition Suggest me any good medicine.
I am 17 years old boy I am suffering from cold and cough so please suggest me good medicine so that I come well as soon as possible.
Sinusitis refers to an extremely painful condition caused due to the inflammation and swelling of sinuses. A host of causes contribute to sinusitis, chief among them being allergies, air pollution or sometimes infection. It causes extreme discomfort, throbbing headache, sore throat and a blocked nose. Though different branches of medicines have tried in their own ways of dealing with this problem, ayurveda with its reliance on natural products as remedial measures have emerged as a clear favorite.
Some of the ayurvedic remedies for sinusitis are:
- Inhalation of steam with tulsi: The benefits of tulsi are widespread and need little introduction. The ambit of its advantages is expansive, making its presence felt even in treating sinusitis. In case of severe bouts of sinusitis, it is highly recommended that you inhale steam with tulsi almost every day in the week.
- Have ginger along with honey: Another way of treating acute pangs of sinusitis is by making a paste of ginger and honey. Make small tablets of this mixture and for most effective results it is advisable that you have it every day.
- Avoid certain food: Just how incorporating certain food in the diet help in reducing the pain of sinusitis, eliminating few, often times help you to achieve the same purpose. When you suffer from sinusitis, it is only advisable that you diligently avoid dairy products like milk, yoghurt as well as intoxicants like cigarettes and alcohol.
- Lemon juice and water: In the initial stages of sinusitis, having a daily concoction of lemon juice and water is considered very beneficial. During this phase maintaining a light diet is advisable.
- Practice pranayama: The gamut of ayurvedic remedies includes not only the prescription of what to eat and what to avoid but also several exercises that help in expediting the process of recovery. Among them, pranayama with its focus on control and regulation of breath is particularly beneficial in curing sinusitis.
Kindly take any ayurvedic medicine under supervision of an experienced ayurvedic doctor.
Suffering from cough at the bed time, suddenly waking up in the middle of sleep and unable to sleep again. Are there any remedies available in Ayurveda? Thanks
Mere pitaji ko balgam bahut aata hai din bhar khaste hai aur har bar balgam aata hai. chest me bhi koi problem nahi. unki age 65 year hai.
I am having cough since last 20 days. I am taking medicine but not getting completed cure. Please suggest me.
Sir, is Tonsil Stones Dangerous? And how do I treat this problem? And what are the treatment of Tonsil Stones?
Asthma is a disorder in which respiration becomes very difficult. It is caused due to the inflammation of the muscles surrounding the bronchial pipes. Due to the swelling, the oxygen inhaled doesn’t get into the lungs causing an under-supply of oxygen that can at times be fatal. A person has to depend on medicines and especially on an asthma pump that relieves the inflammation instantly.
Try these home remedies to keep Asthma symptoms under check such that you do not have to use the pump.
1. Prevent The Triggers: The best way to treat asthma is to prevent it. By not letting it harm you at all is the best way to keep yourself protected from it. Avoid getting into places where the ventilation is less, this may trigger the need for more oxygen which may in turn trigger an attack. Avoid dust and pollution; always keep a mask with you to tackle such issues. Most importantly, don’t take excessive stress and subject yourself to exhaustion. The chances of an asthma attack increase with the body’s demand of more oxygen.
2. Correct Food Habits: Eat in small quantities and avoid food that is hard to gulp down. Avoid cold water and drinks as well; any liquid at room temperature is more than capable of quenching thirst. Make sure that you include anti-inflammatory foods like ginger, turmeric, cloves, cinnamon etc. in your daily diet. This will keep your anti-inflammatory resource full, preventing any inflammation in the bronchial region. Also, drink a lot of water, it helps immensely.
3. Do Light Exercises: Exercise, but don’t exhaust yourself. Every exercise has a controlled pattern of breathing, concentrate on that. This will strengthen your respiratory organs. Practice Yoga regularly, there are various Yoga poses and breathing exercises that are developed to facilitate better respiration. Also, there are a lot of Yogasanas that are designed to battle asthma so practicing them would be a plus point.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.