Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Parag VibhakarYour feedback matters!
I have a combination skin type. Normal to dry. My skin is dark around the mouth as compared to other portion. Please suggest me face wash and cream best suitable for my skin.
A stem cell facelift includes face grafting. It is used for removing the unwanted and extra fat from an area of the body and then transfers it to the face. The fat in our body contains naturally regenerative cells. These also include blood vessel producing cells, adult stem cells and growth-secreting cells. With this facelift, the person’s own cells are infused into their superficial muscular aponeurotic system (SMAS) as well as under the facial muscles. When these meet with the aged facial tissues, they generate new and healthy tissues that give you rejuvenated skin.
Here is how this treatment is a great procedure:
- Eliminates Loose Skin: This procedure tends to reposition the patient’s tissues by adding volume and stretching skin..
- A Better Body Contour: This procedure starts with a gentle liposuction technique. It removes the unwanted fat from different parts of the body. However, the procedure only targets the stubborn fat that cannot be burnt. This is usually present in the belly, abdomen, hips or thighs. This helps the body in both ways and makes the body appear more slender.
- A More Volumized Skin: The fat that is injected, pumps the skin, making it look more youthful. It fills the hollow areas and rejuvenates the wrinkles and fat lines, giving your skin a more youthful and smooth appearance.
- Natural Looking Results: The treatment does not make a person’s face look artificial or out of place. It only remodels it in a natural way. The previous surgical techniques used to cut the skin, pull it tight ,therefore it used to appear artificial and plastic-like. With the stem cell facelift, a lot of volumes is added to the skin however, it fits the hollow areas and the wrinkles are smoothened but the skin is not pulled as tightly as before. It makes your skin look youthful and plump.
- Less Bruising and Faster Recovery: The conventional facelift methods use scissors and scalpels and it can cause a lot of bruising and bleeding. This stem cell treatment, however, uses an electric knife and it stops the bleeding and cuts. It also helps in a faster recovery.
- Customized Treatment: Unlike the conventional methods, this treatment can be customized according to a patient’s need and medical history. Only the areas they need should be rejuvenated, are treated.
A stem cell facelift is obviously better than other facelifts. However, surgeons these days only operate on specific cases where it is genuinely required and not just for simple beautification reasons the same. Procedures like this might cause a lot of money hence; the requirements should be taken into account accordingly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
I am 24 years old and I got pox when I was 8 years by now I am fine but the scars are still there on my hands and legs Can you suggest any cream or lotion which will help me in removing that scars from my body parts.
I want a Solution for itchy scalp and hair fall I am having my hair wash evey alternate but I don't know y it is itching and I use dove hair fall rescue shampoo.
I am 24 male suffering from baldness since 2 years. At this age suffering from baldness is really painful. Suggest me something.
I am 53 year old male. Receding hairline and thinning of hair on the front portion of the head is quite usual at this age, I understand. Whether hair transplantation is effective, without side effects and sustainable? After hair transplantation, whether any medicine should be taken to prevent further hair fall? What type of surgeon could be approached for this treatment? Minoxidil based external medicines have any side effects?
Hlw sir, I have a oily skin and I need to know how could I take care of my oily skin, if possible please suggest me some products.
I am getting head ache too much while I'm studying. My age is 24 years old and 73 kg weight, now a days I'm getting lot of pimples on my face. May I know what are the food should I eat to reduce this problem and what kind of food should be avoided.
I am 30 years old, complexion of my face is wheatish, but arround my mouth is quite dark in colour. And my face have more oil secretion, so I am unable to apply to lotion or cream in my face. So, my face looks so dull in the morning itself. Please help with some suitable remedy ?
I have skin problem. Please help me give me advice. How to remove pimple? please doctor and how to remove dark spot in under skin?
Earlier my skin is pinky white bt now due to staying away from home my skin become upto 8-10 shades darker please help me to give easy solutions for this I really want my white complexion back without worrying or damaging skin.
How to live peacefully without any other tension? Does hairfall occurs due to tension and stress? Suggest me some diet to control hairfall and daily life food. I am 17 years old completed 12th I am about to join bachelor's course. Thank you.
There are foods that stir up our cells and lead to a breakdown tearing apart the keratin, collagen, and elastin to make our skin look perfectly natural and radiant. Conversely, stress, toxic overload and an unhealthy diet, all contribute to lackluster skin and eventually poor physical and mental makeup. So here we bring to you 3 superfoods that will make your skin feel beautiful and healthy with no chemical loaded creams or botox!
1. Mangoes - Many of us will agree to the fact that mango is one of the tastiest fruits around. So it's a cherry on the cake to know that mangoes also act as an excellent anti-ageing food. They are high on vitamin c content as well as beta-carotene, which gets converted to vitamin a. This duo of vitamins works quite effectively to produce anti-ageing cells and thus keeps our skin revitalized. Mangoes pace up the cell regeneration process wherein old skin cells get replaced by the new cells, making our complexion look youthful.
2. Spinach - This green leafy vegetable is high in nutrients and also contains antioxidants. Besides, spinach is also a good source of iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium, vitamin b, c, and e as well as omega-3 fatty acids which help keep our skin healthy and radiant.
3. Munch on walnuts - Vitamin e is a strong antioxidant, which strengthens our immune system, guards our cell membranes and produces red blood cells whilst walnuts are an excellent source of this vitamin type. So include just a handful of walnuts in your diet to say hello to the naturally glowing skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
It is perfectly normal to have body odour after a hard day’s work. However, it can get downright embarrassing and alarming if such body odour persists, even after a good warm shower. This medical condition is a symptom of hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating.
What causes body odour?
When the body bacteria combine with sweat, a chemical decomposition occurs that lets out a stinky and pungent smell from certain body parts, especially the feet and the armpits. Working outdoors or being subject to high stress levels over a prolonged period of time can result in this condition. An inclusion of excessive amount of garlic, onion and other spices in your regular diet can trigger body odour as well. Excessive alcohol consumption, conditions such as obesity and diabetes mellitus can also lead to body odour.
Below is a list of some of the most effective homeopathic treatments for body odour:
- Silicea: This homeopathic preparation is effective to remedy feet odour. The concerned person might also show symptoms of excessive sweating in the feet along with the appearance of cracks in between the toes.
- Hepar Sulph: This homeopathic preparation is effective to address a pungent body odour occurring due to excessive physical or mental stress. Additionally, this preparation is also effective to cure body odour that emerges from the armpits and tends to leave a yellow stain around the region. If the pungent body odour persists even after a proper bath, the homeopathic preparation Rheum can be an effective remedy.
- Psorinum: This homeopathic preparation is extremely beneficial to address foul smell in combination with the symptoms of excessive sensitivity to cold weather, an unhealthy /dirty looking skin, and excessive sweating.
- Baryta Carb: This homeopathic preparation is effective to cure feet odour, especially in children. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Hair Loss refers to the falling of hair from scalp / head and is medically called alopecia. One of the major reasons for hair fall is genetics, which can lead to baldness or hair loss in both men and women. Hair loss can be a constant cause of stress for both men and women as it may lead to low self esteem and self confidence levels. Some people may even be embarrassed due to their hair fall or baldness.
Factors leading to hair loss in both men and women include:
- Fungal infection or skin diseases like tinea capitis, lichen planus, seborrhoea, and eczema of scalp are some of the common diseases that cause hair fall.
- Genetic factors also plan an important role.
- Hormonal changes that occur after childbirth or during menopause.
- Nutritional deficiencies leading to anemia or lack of protein intake.
- Hair loss can be caused while recovering from acute fever like typhoid and erysipelas.
- Some medicine for treatment of high BP, joint pains, cancer, or depression can cause hair fall.
- Physical trauma or head injury may also result in hair loss.
- Emotional trauma also leads to hair loss.
- Diseases like diabetes mellitus, Hypothyroidism, tuberculosis, or AIDS can also cause hair loss.
Homeopathy offers excellent treatments for hair loss / baldness. A homeopathic practitioner will be able to judge the reason behind the hair fall whether it is due to mental / physical trauma any disease or other reasons and prescribe well selected homeopathic medicines for treatment. The practitioners would take a detail case history of the patient and note down the root causes which lead to hair loss. It would include a study of a persons eating habits, level of thirst, thermals, mental symptom etc. After a proper evaluation the practitioner would prescribe a medicine for treatment.
- Skin Disease: Homeopathic medicine Psorinum is highly useful in treating hair loss occurred due to eczematous skin lesions on scalp. Mezereum, is also used to treat hair loss caused by eczematous skin lesions of scalp. Mercurius Solubilis is another well known homeopathic medicine used to treating hair loss caused due to eruptions on scalp.
- Dandruff: If the hair loss is due to dandruff, Thuja occidentalis and Kali sulphuricum are prescribed by homeopathic doctors. The first medicine is used where the dandruff is white in color, while the second medicine is prescribed when the dandruff is yellow in color.
- Anemia: For Anemic patient's homeopathic medicines Cinchona officinalis, Borax, and Calcarea phosphorica are given to patients for treatment.
- Baldness where the entire scalp loses its hair: Homeopathic medicines Silicea, Sulphur, Baryta carbonica, or Lycopodium clavatum are used to treat complete baldness in men or women.
Homeopathy has gained popularity and is an accepted cure for hair loss globally now. It is free from any side effects and is suitable to men and women of all ages. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.