Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
It is that most wrinkles are caused by the sun and only a small part is caused by the skin aging. Getting wrinkles is also affected by the habits we have. Habits indeed play a vital role in the same.
Sun protection is the most important thing one must to if you want to fight wrinkles. The UV rays are responsible for the breakage of the structure of the skin. The basic structure of the skin is broken layer by layer starting from collagen, elastin and the epidermis thereby giving rise to wrinkles. Some people have are prone to UV damage genetically and it is because of the ethnicity and the skin pigments.
A given ethnic skin might vary how the structural damage occurs when UV exposure is given. The wrinkles from the sun and those by aging can be easily distinguished. The skin in the under surface of the arm which is mostly sun protected is different from the skin in the upper arm. Also, skin of the breast is different from the V of the chest which is exposed to the sun.
Here are 5 wrinkle forming habits you need to ditch:
- Not using sunscreen: One cannot escape the sun and the only way to do it and enjoy the sun is to wear sunscreen. It should be applied daily especially on the face where the skin is thin and delicate.
- Squinting: Squinting in the sun is a bad idea and this usually happens when you are not wearing glasses. Next time before stepping out in the sun make sure to wear the glasses as they protect the eyes and will not cause furrow between the brow and the crow's feet.
- Not moisturizing enough: If a good moisturizer is not used then it leads to crinkles in the skin which are wrinkles deep under the skin. Crinkles can be reversed if a moisturizer is used followed with exfoliation of the dead cells. Start moisturizing as all skin types from dry to oily need it.
- Smoking: This is bad not only for health, but also for the skin. Tobacco and other chemicals in cigarettes can lead to damage of the skin's fiber and elastin. Smoking also restricts the blood flow, thereby making it difficult for the oxygen and nutrients to stay in the skin.
- Pursing the lips: Regular sipping drinks through straws, cigarettes and sour expressions can all lead to wrinkling around mouth. Even though it is a gradual process, it is going to leave a mark. Say bye to pursing of the lips to get rid of unnecessary wrinkling.
Related Tip: "Getting Rid of Wrinkles"
I have an oily face how To get rid of these. How many litres is better to drink daily for oily face.
I am 69y (male) Its found in the scan there's Grade 111 prostatomegaly and Cystitis changes in my rt. Kidney. How to rectify the prostate problem?
Contact Dermatitis and Eczema or Atopic Dermatitis may be caused due to a variety of reasons. While contact dermatitis is a less severe condition that is caused when irritants escape from dirt and pollution to settle on the skin, Eczema refers to the inflammation of the skin due to allergic reactions or a family history of a similar condition. Contact dermatitis is usually characterised by sores and redness, while contact dermatitis will show up in the form of boil like eruptions. Homeopathy is one of the best, long term methods for treatment of this condition.
Let us see how this medicinal field can be used:
- Graphites: This medication helps in soothing the oozing that may happen from the boils found in eczema. This is also ideal for eczema patients who are obese or suffering from constipation. It is best suited for skin that has become hard and rough. It can cure the sticky discharge that may come from the pus filled boils. It can also be used for dermatitis, which can be seen in the folds of the skin and the abdomen.
- Mezereum: This medicine helps when there is a crust like formation due to dermatitis. The substance can also soothe the acute itching sensation, which takes place when there is pus filled below the dark layer of the crust. This itching usually gets worse at night.
- Hepar Sulphur: This medicine is best for severe cases when there is too much pus involved and about to burst out. It can also treat the deep cracks that may be found on the surface of the skin as well as the acute and intense itching sensation. Also, such severe cases leave the skin feeling sensitive to the slightest breeze or wind, in which case Hepar Sulphur can work well.
- Dulcamara: This medicine is best suited for patients, who live in places where it rains often and heavily. Dermatitis usually increases and becomes even more painful during monsoons and this medicine can help in bringing down the itching which may also cause bleeding on the yellow black crusts.
- Sulphur: When a burning sensation is one of the symptoms of dermatitis, Sulphur can be used. This is also prescribed for other skin ailments and for those who have a hereditary skin condition. This can also be used by patients who have had a relapse in their condition due to damp or cool weather, especially like monsoons, springtime or autumn. It also helps in soothing the symptoms of contact dermatitis which may occur due to contact with new detergent and clothing as well as pollution.