Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
I am 38 year male suffering from sinus from last three years and I am taking homoeopathy treatment from last two years but no benefit. So I request you to please help me.
My mother breathing is fast even when she is not doing any work. Also when she goes to sleep then also her breathing and heart beat is fast and after some time it, ll be normal. Please tell me what is that Problem and what I give her as a medicine.
My cousin married one year before after some months later she detected tb she undergoes routine medicines given by doc but week before she says she is pregnant checked by her how should she react it now is it safe for her n upcoming child. Help it out.
Upper respiratory infection (URI) is a condition, which involves illness, mainly caused by critical infection in the upper respiratory tract. This region includes the pharynx, larynx, nose and sinus. This infection causes diseases, such as tonsillitis (tonsils get inflamed), pharyngitis (causes sore throat) sinusitis (nasal passage becomes inflamed), laryngitis (voice box in your throat gets inflamed) and common cold.
Causes of upper respiratory infection (URI):
- Both virus and bacteria cause upper respiratory infection (URI). The most common form of virus causing this infection is known as 'rhinovirus.'
- The immune system of young adults and children are often very vulnerable. Hence, they are more likely to develop upper respiratory tract infection.
- URI is also contagious and airborne in nature. So if a person comes in contact with an infected person suffering from URI, he/she is likely to develop this infection.
- Not washing hands before meals can also cause upper respiratory infection because the virus can be transferred easily to the mouth and can travel into your system.
- If you have any lung problem or heart disease, you are more likely to be susceptible to upper respiratory infection.
- Those who already have inflamed tonsils can trigger tonsillitis by drinking any cold or spicy beverage like ice-creams or cold milkshakes.
- Exposure to some flu or cold can cause pharyngitis. It can also be caused by second hand smoking.
- Birth defects or structural defects in the nasal cavity or nasal polyps can cause sinusitis. Sometimes the inside part of the nose may get swollen due to common cold and block your ducts. This is a common cause for sinusitis.
Symptoms of acute upper respiratory infection:
- Congestion in the lungs or nasal area.
- Whooping cough
- Running nose due to common cold.
- Feelings of fatigue and lethargy throughout the day.
- Your body will start aching without engaging in any physical exercise.
- You can also lose consciousness in severe respiratory tract infections.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Oxygen levels in blood drop down drastically.
Sometimes in worse cases, acute upper respiratory tract infection (URI) can also cause respiratory failure, respiratory arrest and congestive heart failure. Therefore, it is necessary to book an appointment with a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the above symptoms.
I am 22 years old and I have cough problem always. Also I have hair fall problem too. please suggest.?
I am a singer. And I face phlegm problem every morning I wake up. And my voice also becomes very low. Please give me some medication.
I am 25 year old Male I have cough and gas when stomach is empty problem from many months. Suggest me remedy of problem. Thank you.
Hello Sir/Ma'am I am 22 years old. I'am suffering from cough from last few years. Please help to over come.
I am suffering from dry cough since last two or three weeks and heavy chest pain. Can you please give me reference what to do?
My mom is suffering with pulmonary tb, taking att drugs and she is a diabetic patient presently she is having asthma symptoms wheezing cough chest tightness fever etc I want to know type of treatment for it. Ist curable? Can she lead a normal life? Solutions?
Hi, I am suffering from cough and cold since a long. I consulted here in INDORE with some doctors but got relief only till the medicine go on if medicine course ended I wilI have to again face the same in some days.
Is there any treatment for COPD with hemoptysis in Ayurveda? I am presently suffering from this disease. Will anyone prescribe me some Ayurvedic medicine which I can take along with allopathic medicines?
Most uncontrolled asthmatics think they are controlled
Two thirds of patients with uncontrolled asthma think that their disease is well under control. Asthmatics on proper medicines can not only live a normal life but also reduce their future complications.
Uncontrolled asthmatics invariably end up with complications related to right heart due to persistent lack of oxygenation in the blood.
Dr Eric van Ganse, of University of Lyon, France, in a study published in the Annals of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology, examined 1,048 subjects with inadequate asthma control. When asked how they would rate their asthma control over the past 14 days, over 69 percent considered themselves to be completely or well controlled. Failure to perceive inadequate asthma control was more likely to be found in patients between the ages of 41 and 50 years.
The reasons are:
Most asthmatics fail to perceive their level of disease control and with an uncontrolled state they often feel that their asthma is under control.
In severe asthma, low blood oxygen levels might impair a person’s ability to assess their own breathing difficulty.
The notion of asthma control seems poorly understood by asthmatic patients.
Mild to moderate asthma limits the activities of a person and over a period of time they take that as their normal limits.