Find numerous Pathologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pathologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Parag Dharap
Submit a review for Dr. Parag DharapYour feedback matters!
My nerves are very weak from childhood. I am not as strong as others. Have not participated in any games at school neither activities. Still feeling hard to get up in morning. Even somebody shouts I feel shaking body. I am 30 years of age male. Want to find a way to be stronger. I started doing workout regularly. Feeling bit good but can not improve my exercise time as well. Please guide me, if came across such cases like this before. I feel pain sometime from my shoulder till palms with shaky hands while sleeping at night too.
My mother is diabetic. She also suffers from hypertension at times. From the past few months, she is facing a constant pain from the thumb to an inch or to above the wrist joint. She constantly says she is facing a pain in the nerve and the nerve ooses out if she puts a stress in the hand. She is unable to pick things up and the pain is very severe at times. This all started when she slipped and fell on floor. My request is, whom shall I consult? A neurologist or an orthopedic because I have visited orthopedic and the doctor said that since she is diabetic this pain will be life long and there is a DQ Decease and an operation is needed. Please help me as I am not able to help at all. An early response is very much required.
A very common complaint, a number of factors can cause wrist pain but arriving at the exact cause can be a tad bit difficult. Depending on the cause, wrist pain can vary in intensity.
What causes pain in your wrist?
Injury to any part of the wrist can lead to wrist pain and impinge on your ability to use the affected hand and wrist. The causes can be injuries like sudden impacts and repetitive stress; arthritis like osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis; or diseases such as carpal tunnel syndrome that affect this part of the body.
1. Sudden impacts - Falling forward onto your extended hand can give rise to instances of wrist pain. Injury occurring from this sudden impact can cause not only sprains and strains but also fractures.
2. Repetitive stress - An activity that involves the movement of your wrist in repeating motions can cause the joint tissues to be inflamed or give rise to stress fractures, especially if the movement is performed without any break for a long period of time.
3. Rheumatoid arthritis - In this disorder, both the wrists can get affected. In general, the disorder sees your body's immune system attacking tissues of your body.
4. Osteoarthritis - Although the condition is very uncommon in the wrist, it occurs in individuals who have suffered a wrist injury in the past. Osteoarthritis typically happens when the cartilage that acts as the cushion at the end of your bones undergoes deterioration with time.
5. Carpal tunnel syndrome - An increase in pressure on the median nerve (a nerve that affects the sensation or movement of your hand) that passes a passageway called the carpal tunnel can cause you to suffer from wrist pain.
In addition to these causes, instances of Kienbock's disease and ganglion cysts can also lead to this problem.
How to identify the signs of the problem?
The pain can vary depending on the cause. So, wrist pain arising out of osteoarthritis will exhibit a dull pain while that from carpal tunnel syndrome will give a pins and needles sensation. Many times, the location of the pain can help the doctor to determine the cause behind the symptoms you may experience.