Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj V DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
Insulin is the most common treatment prescribed for people affected with diabetes. Diabetes is condition where high amounts of glucose prevail in the blood for an extended period of time. However, there are some drugs that offer an alternative to insulin in treating diabetes, which are:
- Liraglutide: Liraglutide is a glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) drug that causes the body to release greater amounts of insulin so as to facilitate the movement of glucose from the blood to the cells. People with type 2 diabetes generally use this treatment. It slows the digestion process and can cause symptoms of headache and nausea.
- Pramlintide: It's an artificially produced version of amylin. It is taken by both type 1 and type 2 diabetic patients, facilitates slower digestion of food and therefore, controls release of sugar in the blood. It can cause tiredness and nausea.
- Dulaglutide:This treatment is for people affected with type 2 diabetes and it is administered once a week. It causes more insulin to be released and pass the glucose to the cells. It can cause loss of appetite, nausea and abdominal cramps as side effects.
- Albiglutide: This treatment facilitates pancreas to release insulin and limits the glucagon hormone production. It is used by type 2 diabetes patients who have not taken well to other treatments. The side effects are skin reaction, respiratory tract infection and nausea.
- Exenatide: It is a drug that causes pancreas to release insulin that facilitates movement of glucose to cells. It is a treatment for type 2 diabetes and it restricts release of glucagon in the body. The possible side effects are acidity, constipation and vomiting.
Related Tip: "Living Well with Type 2 Diabetes"
Here are some tips for an appropriate complementary feeding
Hello My son is having diarrhea from past 3 days. He is passing more than 20 stools in a day. Earlier the color was black now it is greenish with mucous. We have consulted a homeopathy doctor and she has prescribed aloes200. Podo 200 and merc cor. For dysentery. Is it the correct medication since we are taking this from 3 days. He had fever also of 103 degree which has now reduced to 98.6. Only the frequency of stools has not reduced. We are confused if we should take him to allopathy for immediate relief or will it heal through homeopathic treatment.
Hey Doctor, My daughter is 5 years old. She had fever in past 10 days & since then she is having weakness & low appetite, sometime she gets stomach pain. So doctor please suggest to improve her appetite & remove weakness. Thanks.
I am having sneezing and cough from last 1 month, it is very frequent and happens every 2nd alternate month, I am not sure of any allergies because I never had one, it is happening from last 2 years, what are you suggestions please.
Hi my baby girl is 1 week old, her weight is 2.5kg I know it's normal but I want to increase her weight please advice some medicines.
Cough is a natural reflex of body in order to avoid any foreign particle from entering lungs, throat or even airway however continuous coughing will cause discomfort to the body.
Some of the symptoms which have to be looked out to identify wet cold are:
? Pain in chest and throat
? Cough along with mucus or phlegm
? Weaker immunity system opening body for other diseases
Reasons which may force common cold into body are:
? Common cold
? Climatic change
Remedies which can be easily prepared at home to treat wet cold include:
1). Pepper, Sugar Candy and liquorice powder:
Ingredients to be used:
? 1 tsp black peppercorns
? 2 tsp sugar candy
? 3 tsp liquorice powder
Make powder of all the ingredients, ½ tsp of this powder has to be consumed 4 times every day.
2). Ginger and honey:
? Raw ginger
Extract 1 tsp of ginger juice from ginger paste to which 1 tsp of honey has to be added and heated till it is lukewarm. 1 tsp of this mixture has to be consumed thrice every day.