Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj V DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctors, I having son 3.5 years old, he pass motion since 4 days 3 to 4 times, getting heavy smell, and also last week went hospital as paediatrician opinion they gave loose motion tablet before bed time gave to him, but there is no symptom. Kindly help me.
Sir, my baby born in 8th month and she is suffering for jaundice her level is 22 and I kept the baby for 48 hrs after this the jaundice level did not decrease what I will do. They are telling keep the baby another 2 days.
My child is 10 years old her weight is 28 kg haven't got hungry she got affect digestion problems. What medicines needed her?
Can I give both ostocalcium and orofer XT syrup to my son together, if yes then can it be given at same time or at different time interval.
Doctor meri baby 14mahine ki h.aur wo kuch v khana nhi chahti. Khana delhkr bhagti h.usko khana jabardasti khilana parta h.pehle wo thik. Kha leti. But avi pata nhi q khana nhi. Chahti kuch v.uska health v bht kamjor h.bht patli h.kya khilaye, kaise khlaye please ap suggests karo. I don't know how to managed? Usko koi vitamin ka dawa do ap jis se usko vhuk lage. Zincovit and mashyne drop pilati hu. Rice dal aur kuch v nhi khati. Kya khilau? Ap mjhe diet chat plan or time bata do kaise khilau? Koi vitamin supplements do jis se use vhuk. Lage?I m very tense. Please give me your suggestions? What should I do?
I have 4 months baby. When I m pregnant I got pimples on my face and they turned into black spots amd after delivery also they will not disappear. Now I m using femcinol A. How to get rid off these pimples and black spots?
My child of 4 yrs have repeated c/o headache. At the age of 1 & 1/2 yrs, he suffered from a 3 inch wound due to hitting of a swing. No symptoms of vomitting like thenafter, but nowa days he recurrantly c/o headache. Please guide me for that.
My baby is 9 month old and he is 69 cm tall. Is this height normal? And I am breast feeding only for one time ,is it ok? Or I need to increase number of times I feed him?
My son is 8 years old & his weight is 27 kg. He is suffering from headache since last two months. All reports are normal. Usko chashma bhi lag gya +0.5 ka. Fundus test bhi normal hai. please advice me. Thanks.
Hi. I have heard that we can use Neem oil as a mosquito repellent to be applied on body. I have some confusion/queries related to that. 1. Can it be applied to an infant who is just 15 days old. 2. If yes then how to use it. 3. Does it has any side effects. 4. It should be directly applied to be body or on clothes and on which body parts. 5. What is correct time of the day to apply. I have an infant who is 15 days old, all above queries are related to him.
Which milk supplement is good for kids? Junior horlicks/lil champs/pediasure/horlicks growth plus or any others.
Dear Doctor, This mail is regarding my child who is 10 years old and issues related to him are: 1.He had Dengue last year 2015 and was hospitalized for two weeks, and had 18 bottles IV fluid administered, he recovered but, his immunity has gone down. 2.He has started eating rather, hogs on food, has put up weight, he is 43 kgs now. 3. He has become lazy and has no interest in studies, was a very good student he used to be in 1- 3 ranking in the class. 4. His memory has gone down, because of his laziness. 5. Very important. He has got adenoids. Some extra growth inside nose which has to be operated, very soon we are deciding on that. Please, advice on this issue. Thanks.
Tuberculosis is a serious infectious disease that can affect the lungs. The bacteria spread through sneezes and coughs making it a communicable disease. This disease was rare and limited to the Western Countries until 1985. The emergence of HIV virus has made tuberculosis a global disease to reckon with. Although the rate of TB has come down since 1993, it remains a top concern for many countries. The biggest worry is the fact that TB bacteria can build resistance to many drugs. Therefore, it is very important that a TB patient takes a variety of medication suggested by the doctor at the right time.
Although your body is already in possession of the bacteria leading to tuberculosis, your immune system is able to prevent you from becoming sick. Doctors have made a distinction between latent and active tuberculosis (TB)--
In case of latent TB, the bacteria in the body in a passive state and it causes no symptoms, and therefore it is not contagious. But, in the case of active TB, you would become sick and may even spread the disease to others. It can take place in the first few weeks or even after several months of being infected with TB bacteria.
Types of Tuberculosis:
There are two types of tuberculosis- Latent and Active.
- Latent Tuberculosis is a condition where the bacteria stays in the system of a person but doesn’t show up any symptoms of TB. Although this type of TB is not contagious, it requires treatment so that TB can be controlled from spreading.
- Then there is active tuberculosis. It shows symptoms in the first few weeks and can spread to another person as well.
What are the symptoms of active TB?
- If you are coughing for over three weeks and sometimes even coughing up blood, it can be a sign of TB.
- Chest pain and pain while coughing and breathing along with fatigue, fever, chills and night sweat are the common symptoms of TB along with loss of appetite and unintentional weight loss.
- TB may even affect other organs of your body, including your brain, spine and kidneys.
- When TB takes place outside the lungs, then the signs of TB can vary as per the organs that are involved. For instance, TB in the spine can cause back pain and that in kidneys may cause blood in the urine.
What are the causes of TB?
- TB is stemmed from a bacteria which spreads from individual to individual via the microscopic droplets that are released into the air.
- This may happen when an affected person is left untreated and he speaks or sneezes or coughs or laughs. Though the disease is contagious, it is not easy to be affected by it.
- As a result, you are much more likely to get affected with active tuberculosis from a person you live with or come in regular contact with, rather than a stranger.
- It is important to note here that people who are affected with TB and going through proper medications for over two weeks are no more contagious.
Tuberculosis - How to effectively treat it?
With the treatment for tuberculosis, one should have patience as it may take time to cure a person completely of tuberculosis and the associated symptoms. Many factors are taken into consideration while determining the course of the treatment for tuberculosis, some of which include
- Type of tuberculosis (Latent or Active).
- Age of the patient.
- The condition being drug resistant.
- The general health of the patient (if there are any other health conditions that may interfere with the treatment).
In the case of Active TB and that too, a drug-resistant type, the use of multiple drugs (simultaneously) may be needed to produce the desired results. The drugs commonly used include Pyrazinamide, Rifampin, Ethambutol, and Isoniazid. In most cases, the doctors suggest the drugs be continued for at least six- nine months for positive results.
Some patients with Active TB (drug resistant) may also benefit from the use of fluoroquinolones (antibiotics) taken along with capreomycin, amikacin, or kanamycin (mostly given in the form of injections). Most patients are required to follow the medication for 20-30 months duration.
Unlike the Active TB, in the case of Latent TB, a combination of drugs and medications is not required. A single TB specific drug is enough to treat the condition.
Therefore, it is important to seek medical assistance and detect if you have any such health complications concerning TB.
It is World Asthma Day. Let us all join hands and control it.
Remember 'Prevention is the best strategy'
Asthma is a disease of the airways in the lungs.
You can get asthma at any age. You can not catch asthma from other people. Many times more than one person in the same family has asthma.
Airways carry air to the lungs. Airways get smaller and smaller like branches of a tree.
When asthma is under control, the airways are clear and air flows easily in and out.
When asthma is not under control, the sides of the airways in the lungs are
always thick and swollen and an asthmatic attack can happen easily.
During an asthma attack, less air can get in and out of the lungs. People a cough and wheeze. The chest feels tight.
The sides of the airways get even more swollen, squeezed and start to make mucus.
Preventive medicines for asthma are safe to use every day.
- You can not become addicted to preventive medicines for asthma even if you use them for many years.
- Preventive medicine makes the swelling of the airways in the lungs go away.
Monitor the signs and symptoms of this disease and Be prepared.
Always have asthma medicine. Buy before you run out and Always carry your quick-relief asthma medicine with you when you leave home.
Dear Doctor's My daughter is 18 months old but still her teeth are not growing. Is it a problem? Her weight is only 8.5 kg. Is she underweight? If yes what should we do? One local medical practitioner has suggested us to give her calcium. Should we buy calcium tablets? By the way she is spontaneous but does not like to eat anything. Please suggest.
Kids have a mind of their own when it comes to food. The unhealthier it is, the more they tend to like it. Most taste driven or sweet foods are harmful for your child’s oral hygiene. However not all foods that your children like to eat are as bad for their oral health, some even help strengthen their teeth.
Here are 4 foods that your children can have for healthy teeth and gums.
1) Sugarless Gum - It helps loosen plaque and increase the number of natural antibodies in the mouth. It also keeps the gums hydrated. While too much of anything is not good, these gums are good once in a while.
2) Crispy Vegetables - These might not be popular with children but can be made yummy with interesting dips to go with them. Raw carrots, celery, cauliflower, and green beans are chewing foods which clean the child's teeth and gums.
3) Natural Sugar - Sugar from milk, yoghurt and cheese are rich in vitamin D, phosphate and calcium. When consumed, they raise the pH level of the mouth which lowers the level of acids, hence reducing risk of tooth decay.
4) Vitamin C Rich Foods - Fruits like oranges, kiwis, strawberries, papayas and limes help kill bacteria that can cause gingivitis. They also aid a good supply of collagen in the child's gums. However, parents need to remember that one can eat citrus foods only after thirty minutes from brushing their teeth. This is because the citric acid in these foods can weaken the tooth enamel temporarily.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.