Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Jaw Orthopedics Treatment
Knee Braces For Osteoarthritis Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj SoniYour feedback matters!
Sir my Back neck is very pain. Last week I am early m Combiflamke up My neck pain. Please kindly give solution. I am take medicine. Combiflame
My mother from 4 days continuously feel weakness with joint pain. Problem in standing after sit and she also vomit 2 time in these 4 days. Test reports are all negative. There platelets count 170000.
My neck is paining. When I moved left right, it was happened last night in sleep. Any suggestions how I can get relief?
Arthritis (inflammation in one or more than one of the joints) is a common condition that afflicts many people. Arthritis can affect anyone of any age whether it is due to lifestyle factors, diet problems, genetics, other related disorders or even medications.
Causes of Arthritis
Injury - can damage to bone, ligament and cartilage that ultimately leads to severe pain.
Infection – Any kind of infection to the joint may result in arthritis.
Obesity and advanced age – Both are the common causes of arthritis.
Overuse – Overuse of knee joint can cause bursitis which ultimately leads to intense pain.
Sprain - Due to sudden unnatural movements causes pain as well as restriction of movement of the joint.
Malignancy – Myeloma, metastatic carcinoma.
Dislocation – Also causes severe arthritis.
Other causes – Include Sarcoidosis, Sickle cell disease, Lupus, Kawasaki disease, Crohn’s disease, bone tumors, bleeding disorders etc.
Homeopathic Treatment of Arthritis
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat arthritis but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several well-proved medicines are available for homeopathic treatment of arthritis that can be selected on the basis of cause, location, sensation, modalities and extension of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. Some important remedies are given below for the homeopathic treatment of arthritis:
Actaea Spicata – This is one of the most effective medications for arthritis that affects the smaller joints in your body; so these could be your fingers, ankles, toes and wrists. These joints may become inflamed and swollen and might become very painful. Trying to touch these joints may make the pain even worse. Actaea Spicata is very good in treating these joints and can be very effective in improving mobility related pain as well.
Causticum – If you are suffering from hip pain due to arthritis, causticum is one of the very best remedies to not only reduce pain, but also to lessen some of the other symptoms. Some of the indications wherein causticum is effective are:
Walking or standing becomes problematic
Even if you can walk or stand, your gait or posture tends to be a little bent
Excessive stiffness and pain in your hip without any visible cues
Caulophyllum – This is also a very effective medication to treat problems within small joints with the exception that it is meant for cases where the joints also show signs of stiffness along with pain and inflammation. The stiffness may be so severe that you may become unable to move them. The pain does not stay confined to any particular spot; can rather spread to multiple joints and other parts of the body as well.
Bryonia Alba – Although a fairly common and well-known medication, it is very versatile in reducing pain and swelling across multiple joints within the body. The indications for prescribing this medication are when the joints are visibly red or feel hot to you and are painful to touch. Also, it is very effective in cases of bigger joints such as the knees and elbows.
- Combination of Ferrum Met and Sanguinara Can – This set of medications is very effective in reducing the symptoms as well as pain caused by arthritis in the shoulders. Some of the most common symptoms wherein this can be prescribed are when you have shoulder pain in both the shoulders. Raising them can cause pain as well. Sanguinara is good with right sided pain while Ferrum met is effective for left side shoulder pain and stiffness resulting from arthritis.
Hello Sir/Ma'am, I am suffering from serious pain which starts from lower left back goes to under left knee, due to which I am unable to walk and stand. Only when I lie I get relief. So please suggest me some treatment. Thanks.
Head and neck cancers usually start in the squamous cells and are also referred to as squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neck. It occurs in the nose, throat, mouth and salivary glands. Head and Neck cancers are further classified into various categories on the basis of the area of the neck and head where they occur. Although head and neck cancers are different, they both occur inside the mouth, sinuses, nose, salivary glands and throat, which are considered as a group.
Salivary gland cancers are generally very infrequent. An assortment of cancer causing cells is present in salivary glands, so various types of salivary gland cancers have been found to occur.
If you are habituated to consuming tobacco and alcohol, then you are at the highest risk of suffering from head and neck cancer; however, it can also be caused in people who suffer from infections caused by human Papilloma virus. Other factors may include:
- Oral health- Untreated gum diseases and oral cavity can be the reasons behind the development of the disease.
- Sex- Women are less prone to head and neck cancers than men.
- Lack of Nutrition- If your body is lacking in certain nutrients; you are more likely to catch the disease.
- Age- People above 40 years of age are more susceptible to head and neck cancer.
- Difficulty in swallowing- Inflammation and pain in throat, leading to a problem in swallowing.
- Hoarse Voice- Hoarseness or change in the voice.
Apart from this, there are some symptoms which show up in a specific area of your head and neck, such as:
- Oral Cavity- A red or white patch on the tongue, the gums or the lining of the mouth.
- Pharynx- Trouble in breathing and swallowing followed by a frequent headache.
- Surgery- Surgery is usually to remove the primary tumour in toto or as much as feasible. Also, clearence of the lymph nodes that are involved is done during surgery at the same time.
- Radiation Therapy- Radiation therapy is considered where functions like speech can be conserved.
- Chemotherapy- Radiotherapy in combination with chemotherapy can help, if you are suffering from a more advanced form of head and neck cancers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.