Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Hello sir/mam, we have completed five years of marriage but not conceiving baby, many doctors says, my wife is suffering from PCOD problem. We have done lot of treatment like allopathy, Ayurveda and IUI three times but no result. Can you please help us.
I am 23 years old and I have delayed periods. I consulted a doctor 3 months ago and she told me that I have PCOS looking to reports and gave metformin tablets but there is no improvement Again my periods are delayed by 2 months. previously I had surgery of cysts about a year ago. Please suggest me some remedy and medicine.
I am 35 year old woman and I have missed my periods by 7 days. My preg test was negative. Can I know what will the problem.
My hubby and me had a anal sex without condom and he realized his sperm .i m worried that ,I may get pregnant? Will i?
Hello Doctor my self khushbu I am 26 year old woman I have irregular mensuration cycle after getting married what should I do please tell me.
I got abortion 6 months back due to no heartbeat of child. Last MC (29.6.16) then period missed on next month and pregnancy test was positive by using preganews kit but on 10.7.16 got excessive bleeding after checking through US its cleared .last MC 6.9.16 .now I am planning for pregnant again will it causes any harm please advice.
Samiksha started remaining sick when she was about four years old. She was constantly suffering from cough, cold, omiting, diarrhea, gastro, swelling on the body, suddenly crying in the night and always wishing to lye idle, etc. She did not gain any weight and height during this period. She became very weak. Lots of pathology tests were done but the ailment could not be diagnosed. She was then taken to Bombay where a biopsy through endoscopy was done and it was found that the villi of her small intestine was slowly deteriorating. She was suffering from celiac , i.E. Allergy from wheat. She must eat other things than wheat. Her relatives were puzzled and wondered that what she will eat now? How her body will work without eating wheat? In fact, when a person suffers from celiac, his body can not digest Gluten protein
found in the wheat and the villi of small intestines starts getting damaged. Effected person suffers from Diarrhea, gastritis, cough, cold, anemia, and absence of growth in the body.
April 2014 Science News | Elafin, a human protein, plays a key role against the inflammatory reaction typical of celiac disease (gluten intolerance), research has shown. The researchers have also developed a probiotic bacterium able to deliver Elafin in the gut of mice. This innovation paves the way to new strategies to treat gluten intolerance.
Wheat can create three types of problems: Allergy, gluten intolerance, and wheat imbalance.
Allergy from wheat:
Wheat contains Protein, Albumin. Globulin, Gleadin, and Gluten. When I G E (immunoglobulin E) reacts against them in the form of Anti-bodies, people become allergic to wheat. Normal symptoms are : skin diseases (articaria, Eczema, engiodima); Gastritis, nausea, vomiting, asthma and allergic rheumatics.
Celiac is also known as Gluten antropathy. So far it was known as gluten intolerance. In Celiac disease (CD) ,Gluten protein found in the wheat acts as a villain to the immune system of the body. When Gluten goes into the body through food, it starts damaging the villi of mucosa of small intestine. Function of the villi of small intestine is to extract nutritious elements from the food and inject them into the blood circulation. Food contains vitamins, calcium, protein, carbohydrates, fats and other nutrition. If the villi is damaged, the function of extracting nutrition from the food will seriously be effected and the person will suffer from malnutrition. Celiac is the result of the reaction of IG-A and IG-B antibodies against Gluten. Celiac can be diagnosed early in the children compared to elder persons, because the symptoms in elderly people are not serious. Doctors often take it as instable bowl syndrome (IBS), food allergy,
chronic fattening, anorexia, or malnutrition.
According to University of Maryland, centre for celiac research, Baltimore , one among 133 Americans are suffering from celiac. According to international eating disorder clinic, celiac is one of the main hereditary disease. According to Jaipur JK Lone hospital data, in and around Jaipur around 1500 children are suffering from celiac.
The Gluten Summit and Celiac Disease
Immune system of the body is not included in it. In fact, so far it is not known that why some people are effected by wheat intolerance. But some specialists are of the opinion that some persons can not digest wheat because in there body enough enzymes are not present.
Diarrhea, constipation, stoteria(presence of fat in the stool), Fits, excessive gas in the stomach, stomach ache, weakness, loss of weight, pain in joints and bones, easy fracture in the body, muscle-cramps ,swelling,Peripheral neuropathy , restlessness, depression, apathy in the mouth, skin rashes, spots on the teeth, white spots on the nails,burning in the throat, cold, asthma, allergic rhinitis.
There is no specific medicine. As it is caused on account of allergy from wheat, the patient has to stop eating wheat, barley, oats, as they contain gluten. Instead, he has to eat alternative food. This will start curing villi of the damaged parts of body and within 24months celiac is cured and the person becomes normal. To cure the weakness in the body, medicines for vitamins, protein, calcium is given to the patient.
What should NOT be eaten:
Wheat, wheat flour, fine flour, Puri, semolina, barley, oats, samosa, mathari, patties, bread, porridge, millet, chocolate, Jalebi, Burfi, born vita, custard powder, toffee, sauce, curry powder, boost, gulab jamun, protein powder, biscuit, readymade corn flakes.
What to eat:
Rice, chiwda, murmura, arrowroot, sago, maize, jawar, millet, flour of water chestnut, flour of kuttu, flour of potato, milk and milk made products, (butter, ghee, ); fresh meat, fish, eggs, all kinds of pulses, fruits, and vegetables, tea , coffee, honey , rosgulla, home made gram flour things, idli, dosa, sambhar, pop-corn, roasted gram,
rice noodles, petha etc.
Investigation of celiac disease: blood test, TTG, biopsy of small intestine. IGA anti body.
What the specialists say:
Dr. Jagdish Singh, Senior child specialist, JK Lon Hospital, Jaipur: Diet without Gluten is the only remedy. One should not think that without eating wheat, one can not survive. In our country, people living in west Bengal and south India live healthy life without eating wheat, and taking alternative foods available .
Dr. DS Pokharna, Ex-head of Department and Professor, Gastro entrestology Department, SMS Medical college and hospital Jaipur :
Celiac is mostly found in Europe and America, but now in India also people suffering from celiac are increasing. This is a hereditary and auto immune disease. As son as person suffering from celiac eats food containg Gluten, his immune system reacts sharply and villai of small intestine gets effected. To remove weakness in the body, one should take medicine with the advise of a doctor
Dr. Rajiv Nagar, Homeopathy research hospital, Jaipur:
Before 3 years ago, Divya was under our treatment of her symptoms of cold, cough, vomiting and diarrhea. She is now better. Swelling on the body is gone. Her height is now increasing and she is taking wheat since 2 years without any medication. We believe that if the family history of the patient suffering from celiac is studied properly before homeopathic treatment, it is possible to improve. Afterwards, children can start eating wheat. 57 celiac patients are under my care from which 18 have improved and continue care.
A patient Honey reported on 07/05/2012 from Sahnjahpur (Alwar) complains are heaviness abdomen ,loose motion frequently and every action was getting like talk walk and he was suffered from Pneumonia since last one year old
At the time of birth he had jaundice that time symptoms were weakness, yellowish face eyes
Family History :-
Father: Allergic Asthma
Mother: She did not take any food .She had recurrent colic pain during pregnancy .She took Allopathic medicines like Iron, Calcium, Pain killers, etc.
After one year of treatment On07/04/2013 TTG level -168 u/ml
Now after having 2 year regular course of Homeopathic treatment patient is on gluten diet. And experiencing sound life.
Is It true that after having sex women becomes fat?, if yes, kindly advise as to how to control your fat and to remain healthy.
Respected doctor, I am 22 years old girl. I am obese, I had my cycles normally, my LMP was 11 march- 15 march, I didn't get my cycles after this. On the 19 th day that is 29 Apr, I visit to gynae, she conducted some physical exam for pelvic region and breast region, and upt which was negative. They also suggested for blood test and ultrasound, they prescribed me medroxyprogesterone acetate for five days (10 pills, one in morning and one in night after meals). I had those medicines- from 29 april-3 may. On first two day I seen some spotting. Now I noticed some facial hair too. I am very much concerned. I have exams too. Please provide the pros and cons of blood test.
My vagina had been itching for months and I don't find a permanent solution for this, what can I do?
Hi doctor I'm suffering from hypothyroidism since my first pregnancy during my pregnancy my tsh was 7.28 I am hvng thyronorm 50 mg after my delivery my tsh was in control it was 2 then I stop the tablets after two months suddenly my weight gains and my back is aching my tsh increase from 6.68 again I start having tablets nw my tsh is 2 is there any chance of getting rid of this or I hv to take medicines fr rest of ma life am 23 years old only.
What are the symptoms of vagina cancer? How we can understand from the beginning? A enlargement at the uterus is what symptom?
AGE :30 (Female) have done FET embryo xfer (IVF) recently 15 days on 15th july .taking tablet progynova (2-2 mg tricetotal 6 tablets) estrogen. Alivher 25 mg .crinone gel two times .folic acid folvite. Susten injection on every 4th day. Done beta hcg 3 days before ,it was 674 and yesterday it reached to 1600. I think .pregnancy confirmed ? As per conversation with my gynic increased progynova 1 more dose yesterday (means overall 7 tablets of 2 mg per day now 2-2-3) today morning light spotted while cleaning discharge of alivher. Please guide whether this light brown discharge is problematic or what? My doctor today advised me to stop alivher completely. Shud I stop it gradually or immediately? Taking 7 dosage (2 mg) of progynova is OK? Medical history:--Low AMH 0.75,Endo Thickness was 9 mm during transfer. Consuming progynova after egg retrieval. Its suppressive (FET) cycle. Embryo quality was grade 1-2 (8 cells) overall 3 embryo xfered.
Diabetes is a lifestyle disease that can easily be managed by controlling our diet. Along with being aware of your sugar intake, your diet should help you lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels. However, this does not mean you have to resign yourself to a lifetime of tasteless food.
Here are a few diet tips that can help manage diabetes:
- Choose high fiber carbohydrates: Carbohydrates are an essential element of the daily diet but have a huge impact on blood sugar levels. Hence, it is important to pick the right carbohydrates. Your diet should have a limited amount of refined carbohydrates such as white bread, pasta, soda etc. and should be focused more on high fiber carbohydrates such as brown rice, sweet potatoes, rolled oats and bran flakes that are digested slowly. This prevents your body from producing excessive insulin.
- Be sweet smart: The key to indulge your sweet tooth and controlling diabetes is moderation. Abruptly, removing sugar from your diet can make you crave for it. Instead, gradually lower your sugar intake. If you can't miss out on the dessert at the end of a meal, reduce the amount of carbohydrates in your meal. Adding healthy fats like peanut butter, yogurt or nuts to your dessert can also slow down the digestive process and thus control blood sugar level.
- Keep a food diary: When you are diabetic, it is very important to eat at regular intervals. Eating frequent, small meals are often better than fewer large meals. Try and maintain a food diary to keep track of your calorie intake. This helps identify problem areas of where your body is getting excessive calories from. When you are aware of the calories associated with things you eat, it is easier to cut down on snacks and replace unhealthy snacks with healthier options.
- Choose fats wisely: It is impossible to completely cut out fats from your diet. While some fats such as liquid vegetable oils and commercial baked goods are unhealthy, others have important health benefits. Unsaturated fats are the healthiest and safest. Replacing your vegetable cooking oil for olive oil and biscuits with nuts are easy ways to make smart choices with your fat intake.
- Go green: Green leafy vegetables are low on carbohydrates and high on nutrients. Thus, make them an integral part of your meal. Vegetables like kale, spinach, lettuce, etc. can be eaten raw or cooked. Along with being nutritious, they also add texture and color to your meals, thus making them more visually appealing.
Related Tip: "5 Signs That You're Suffering From Diabetes?"
To remove her pregnancy my girl friend took tablet? what precautions she has to take not to effect her health?
I am 50 yrs old, got my periods last on feb 7, though the flow was very scanty, but of late I m feeling very hot and its not controlable please guide.
My gf is having elestra tab and she had 21 days + 9 days extra now she stopped elestra tab and after 7 days she got period but bleeding is very less is she pregnant please guide me I am worried reply soon.
How to improve your eating habits
You are what you eat, and this rings true for everyone. What you eat impacts your health the most, much more than any other thing. What you eat also depends on your environment and the people you share your life with. However, cultivating healthy eating habits does not require a lot of effort. Making small changes to your daily habits and lifestyle is the only way to improve your eating habits permanently- diets only provide temporary help.
Here are some changes to make to improve your eating habits:
- Incorporate more fruits, vegetables, and whole grains into your diet while eliminating unhealthy foods.
- If you are working or studying away from home, try to pack healthy lunch and snacks for yourself to avoid eating unhealthy food daily.
- Don't eat straight from the packet - use a plate or bowl to control how much you eat.
- Don't delay or skip meals.
- Cut down your consumption of aerated drinks and sodas.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day. Drink water after waking up and before sleeping. Being dehydrated may make you feel like you're hungry, so it is important to stay hydrated.
- Have homemade fruit and vegetable juices
- Eat 5-6 small healthy meals every 2-3 hours, every day, instead of having a few big ones. This regulates your blood sugar level and your metabolism.
- Don't skip breakfast, instead, make it rich with complex carbohydrates and proteins, so it can provide you with energy to get through the day. Try to include the following as your morning breakfast, oats porridge, eggs on multigrain toast or daliya with sprouts.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners in processed foods.
- Eat slowly as it takes about 20 minutes for your brain to register if you're full or not. Eating too fast leads to overeating, so chew slowly to digest your food better and control how much you eat.
- Use a smaller plate to control your portion sizes and avoid overeating.
- Know your cravings and do not snack when you're emotional. It is said that you crave crunchy and savory food when you're stressed, frustrated or lonely. Figure out what you crave and replace them with healthier alternatives.
- Do not eat mindlessly; concentrate on your food instead of watching tv or playing with your phone to avoid overeating.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Fresh Fruits Vs. Dry Fruits