Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PankajYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 3 Yrs 3 Months old, from past 2 week she is suffering from cold a doctor has prescribed monocef which doesn't help her. I have given her chest on cold and also amoxyccilin syrup but it doesn't improved her condition. She has running nose and cough also. For cough kufril syrup had used. Nothing has improved her condition still she has running nose cough and above all she is having chest congestion when ever she is breathing n sleeping sound is coming from her chest. She couldn't talk also properly she is getting cough n lots of sticky fluid got struck in her mouth. Can I use nebulizer with asthalin respules. Which respules syrup or tablets to b used for my daughter? I would be thankful for your kind prescription. Thank you.
What is the best nutritional supplement for my kids (4.4 years boy, 2.4 years girl) among all the products available in India? I am so confused which one to choose. Currently, I am giving pediasure complete for my kids, but somebody said that pediasure causes hormonal imbalances. Is that true, please clarify? Also, please suggest me the best nutritional supplement.
Hi, Today I have got my female baby (10 weeks) administered with Rotavac oral drops at hospital. After few drops, the bottle fell down and so got a new Rotavac vaccine and poured full 0.5ml dose in to her mouth. Now I am suspicious that she got overdose (not sure how much ml went inside her mouth from first bottle). Please let me know, if this overdose leads to any problems. Is there anything that I can do now to overcome this overdosage. Thanks,
My baby is in her 6th month now. Can we give red bananas (chenthura pazham). As i am from kerala we get this bananas more. So is it advisable to give that now. I have lil today as she was eager to eat that as it tastes sweet. Is there any side effects if I give? please help. Thanks in advance.
Hi, I have a 19 month old daughter. She is always throwing tantrums and gets upset over small things. She cries a lot when we don't give her whatever she desires and eventually has her way. I don't want to spoil her and need help to understand her psychology and control her behavior.
I have 2 month baby. When she sleeps we can hear sound from her nose. So we consult the Dr. they told mucus only in nose not in chest. After 2 day she has same sound also do. Cough and sneezes. Can tell remedy?
My baby is 9 month old off late I have noticed that his palms and feet remain really hot as compared to rest of the body also I checked his temperature which came out to be normal, what could be the reason pl advice.
I got Gas problem, even someone press my hand forcedly. It has started. What should I do to get solution from gas and acidity?
Actually I have a daughter. She is 5 plus. She is very aggressive. Most of the times she becomes very rigid and behaves very bad.
My daughter is 8 years old. She has pain in her molars on the right side. I consulted a dentist who suggested root canal and cap. She is just eight years and those are not her permanent teeth. Is it neccessary for her to undergo a root canal treatment.
My son is 3.5 years old. He is talkative child but he is soft and fearful by nature. .he is studying pre kg now. .when he us getting scolded or beaten, he use to cry normally but nowadays he is getting anger very much (face full of depression) and beating us. When spoken personally, he cried and said his teacher beating.
Child Aphasia is complex disorder that is caused by damage to parts of the brain that controls language and speech. This disorder affects the child's ability to express herself through words and understand the speech of other people. The severity of the problem depends on the extent of the damage as well as the location of the damage. Since this is not a birth disorder, therefore, you should be much more careful as so you notice that your kid is facing language disorder. A speech pathologist can diagnose language disorders and teach your child strategies to help.
What are the leading symptoms of aphasia in kids?
- Not understanding speech is one of the most common symptoms. Most patients cannot understand spoken or written language. Typically in these cases, the patient suffers from fluent Aphasia, which is caused by damage to the left temporal lobe of the brain. The patient's speech might seem meaningless and incoherent with lots of unnecessary words being used. The child usually becomes upset when people don't understand what he is saying.
- Patients suffering from this disorder also have trouble expressing their thoughts and understanding language and they often take more time to communicate. Only short sentences are used by these patients with words often left out, making the sentence sound incomplete. Such children suffer from non-fluent Aphasia where they understand what others are saying, but cannot communicate or speak well themselves. Their speech is almost similar to that of telegraphic languages that are usually followed by those toddlers who are just learning how to speak.
- Some children suffering from Aphasia might have trouble repeating words even though they don't have problem understanding what others are saying. These children suffer from conduction Aphasia and will be able to reproduce only parts of a sentence, if asked to repeat.
- Children affected with this disorder may see to be not listening to you or ignore you.
- Such kids might also have behavioral problems and may not be able to keep up with their friends and classmates. They will also suffer from forgetfulness.
Causes of Aphasia: The leading cause of Aphasia is brain injury, brain infection, brain tumour or abscess or bleeding in the brain.
Diagnosis of the disease: The disorder is diagnosed by a speech therapist who assesses the condition with a variety of tools to figure out the extent of damage. Its best to take your child to a paediatric speech pathologist who is an expert in treating children with brain injuries. The child will then be assessed on auditory comprehension, verbal expression, reading and writing ability and functional communication.
Treatment: There are many people who think that the speech trouble cannot be treated, but they are completely wrong. There are various ways to treat Aphasia. The younger the patient the better the chances of recovery since the brain is not that developed to handle specific functions in kids as in adults. The treatment will depend on the severity of the condition and the goal that is to be achieved. Factors behind this trouble need to be determined first otherwise the perfect treatment cannot be decided. Some of the most prominent factors are aphasia type, brain-injury cause, age, brain-lesion size and positioning and others.
Some of the leading tips that can be applied as per Association of National Stroke are as follows:
- Using props can be helpful in getting across messages.
- Speaking slowly and staying calm while speaking.
- Drawing pictures or words on paper for communication.
1) COLD & COUGH : Honey is highly soothing for temporary cough relief. You can prepare a warm drink with ginger, honey, and lemon juice to drink before bedtime. The ginger and lemon soothe the throat, and the honey loosens up mucus and also acts as a gentle cough suppressant. Don't give honey to babies ages one or under, though, due to the risk of infantile botulism. For the really little ones, a hot steam vaporizer usually does the trick.
2) NASAL CONGESTION: A stuffy nose is an added challenge with babies and toddlers, as they can’t blow their nose. Prepare a solution of salt in lukewarm water, put this saline solution into the nose, then let your baby lie down for a while, and use the aspirator to remove the loosened mucus. This remedy is safe for babies as well as toddlers.
3) STOMACH UPSET/VOMITING: Stomach aches or infections are the most difficult to get around and can be highly uneasy for the child. Try giving light liquids like dal/rice and vegetable stock, the best that works for everything is breat milk. If you can't breast feed, try to boil fennel seeds (sauf) in milk to make the baby's stomach feel better.
Click on Consult Privately to ask me a private question about your child's health.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.