Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Treatment of Birth Defects
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Dihydrofolate Reductase Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj PariharYour feedback matters!
Respected Doctors:- Question for my daughter:-14 Year old girl (Height 156 cm Weight 46Kg). Every day morning, she is getting sneezing continuously for around 8-10 times within 15 minutes. Also one of the eye gets reddish. When we asked our local doctor, doctor told both sneezing and eye reddishness are only due to an allergy. Doctor told to put a eye drop OLOPAT OD and another eye drop HICool (one after the other after 10 minutes) for one month for curing the redness. For the sneezing trouble, doctor prescribed a tablet Mont air for 10 days. We have put eye drops for 1 month and she has taken the tablet Mont air for 10 days. But still she is getting eye reddishness, even after one month now. Sometimes the reddishness disappear without any medicine, after few hours. Since this issue is continuing, I would like to know (1) What would be possible cause for this issue. (2) Do we need to really worry and take care about this immediately? What is the name for this kind of allergy?(3) Could you please kindly let me know any eye tests to be taken to identify the real issue. Thanks a lot for your kind suggestion/help.
Hi will be 4 years old this month end, shud I gv her any iron or calcium supplement as her weight is low than average, she is 13 kgs at this age. Also her feeding habits r vry forcefully done including milk. please advice.
Hi my baby has 12 months old. He effected with cough and cold. I am giving him nebulization. Could you please tell me for cough medicine.
My friends grandson 16 yrs old is asked to use encorate 200 for 6 months, though the mri scan shows poisitive. Is it advisable to use the medicine for longer period
My 10 year old son has heavy gas problem, in night and early morning and night he has gas release with loud voice and long duration, what can be done to control gas formation. Thanx.
Parents are always concerned about their child's physical health, but often ignore their mental health. Along with physical well-being, your child's mental well-being is also equally important.
The following are eight tips to improve your child's mental well-being:
- Adequate sleep: Sufficient amount of sleep is required for a child to stay mentally fit. Parents often engage their children with various classes and activities and compromise on their sleeping hours. This in turn affects the child's mental state. Therefore, as a parent, you must take care not to compromise on your child's sleeping hours.
- Allowing them to play: Nowadays, children are overburdened with studies and other learning activities. They do not get to play quite often. But as a parent, you must take care of your child's schedule, so that he/she can have proper playtime too. Playing involves physical activity as well as creativity in certain cases. This helps to improve mental health.
- Learning to share and care: You must take care to inculcate in your child the values of sharing and caring. These little things can also help improve your child's mental health. Learning how to share with others and caring for others will help them to stay happy.
- Regular exercise: Encouraging your child to regularly exercise will not only help improve his/her physical health, but also mental health. It will also help them to reduce stress and maintain a good mood as well.
- Listen to them: Parents often ignore when children are speaking on less important matters; may be about a new friend or a strict teacher in school. But as a parent, you must take out some time from your daily schedule to listen out to their stories. Listening to them attentively will make them feel important, increase their confidence and hence, improve their mental well-being.
- Encourage them to make friends: Encouraging your child to make new friends will help them to socialize better. They will feel confident about themselves and also open up. This can boost up their mental well-being.
- Good nourishment: Proper nourishment is not only essential for being physically fit, but also mentally fit. Good nourishment will help them stay healthy physically and increase their energy levels. This in turn will positively affect their mental health.
- Make them feel safe: Children need to feel safe in order to stay mentally fit. Try and spend some time with them every day. As a parent, always make your children realize that you are right beside them. Listen to their problems and help them find solutions to solve those instead of scolding them. Help them to relax and feel secure to stay mentally fit.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a the doctor and ask a free question.
What all can be included in a 4 years old boy's diet to keep him healthy n hearty. He gets angry very easily n cries very often otherwise my son is very nice n naughty. Due to household stress I also at times scold him n slap him may b this is the reason?
My daughter is 7 yrs old. 4 days ago she got fever of 99.5 degree for 2 days. Complained of pain in lower abdomen. Her urine exam showed 5-7 rbc and 3-4 pus cells. Her usg is normal. No fever now but she occassionaly complaints of pain. Motion is very hard.
Useful facts you should know:
1. After birth we can wait 24 hrs for first poop and 48 hrs for pee. If it is not immediately consult your doctor.
2. First 2 to 3 days baby can pass black stool which is called meconium so don't worry about black stool.
3. First two to three days after birth baby had concentrated urine rich of urate so we can get orange colured in diaper sometimes.
4. Sometimes baby can cry and irritated before passing urine or stool because of weak bladder and anal canal muscles which is strengthen with time.
5. If baby cry every time during and after passing urine we have to consult doctor for urinary infection.
6. Red colured urine or stool is always pathological immediately consult your doctor.
7. Neonate can pass stool ten to twelves times a day if baby is active and accepting feed well. Once in a week interval is also normal for breast feed baby.
8. Ash coloured stool is always pathological it is due neonatal cholestheasis.
9. Sometimes breast feed baby passes green cloured stool, it is mainly due to consumption of formilk only. It is advisable feed one breast at a time so baby can get formilk, midmilk and hind milk.
10. Sometimes newborn baby pass small amount of stool during micturition or crying it is normal if baby is active and accepting feed well.
Hello doctors, my daughter is will complete 2 months on 5th april. She keeps crying, I think she is not satisfied by my milk bcz. What to do.
I am breastfeeding the baby and there was some blood and pus below the nipple. Now I am applying the ointment, but the lumps are getting formed and I have to expel every 1 hr. How to prevent lumps? And can I use nipple shields from next time? As baby is getting teeth, I think because of sharp teeth I am facing this issue.
My baby is 7 months old. He is passing stools with slight blood from today morning. He went 4 times from morning 6 a.m but his activities are very normal. No fever. He is active. I ve started solid foods for him past 45 days. Is he allergic to some food? I gave idli apple juice rice kanji.
I am 25 years old. My first baby. She is 7 weeks old. She sleeps very less compared to other babies her age. She sleeps an average of 5 to 6 hours only. She is very active, makes eye contact, smiles, makes sounds. Everything normal. Her eyes are a little slanted, sticks her tongue out most of the time. One of the doctor brought this to notice. However we always thought her eyes resembles mine. Being my first child, I am going insane. Her hands, feet everything looks normal. Please tell me what are the odds. I do not want to think dat my baby has DS.
Hi, my son is 2 years 6 months, I have some doubts. Can I give him raw egg, or boiled egg, which time is perfect to give? He will not drink milk, he needs coffee or tea, is it okay? Or any effects. What could I give him best energy drink?
It is that time of the year when insects are all around. Suddenly one feels a buzzing sound or an itchy feel in the ear. To your horror, one feels a live insect is in your ear, which can be extremely annoying and is like a nightmare. Insects often get stuck when they enter our ears as they cannot fly or crawl out. They try to find their way out and their movements inside our ears can be very uncomfortable, painful and can be itchy as well. Moreover, they can easily produce infection.
In this scenario, do not try to remove an insect with cotton swab, tweezers or hair clip as it will make the situation worse and can lodge the insect deeper into the ear canal, which can possibly damag the eardrum, leading to permanent hearing loss. If an individual is not certain about the potential harm taht can be caused by the insect in the ear, one should seek medical care immediately. Insects in the ear are common reasons for visits to doctor's clinic, especially in children.
If one suspects an insect in ear, one may experience pain, swelling, blood or crackling. One may even feel biting, stinging, hearing loss or dizziness. It is best to stay calm in this situation as being active may lodge the bug further in ear or cause it to move further back or cause serious damage to the sensitive eardrum
One way to try to remove a bug in ear is by tilting the ear toward the ground and attempt to wiggle the ear. Grasp the earlobe and give it a wiggle. If the bug is not too far into ear canal, it may fall out on its own. If the bug is still alive and is not too far inside of the ear canal, it may simply come out on its own. If one stays calm and keep objects including fingers away from ears, it is likely that the bug will find its way back out of ear.
One can also try to flush the ear with warm water with a dropper or a bulb syringe. This can be done by holding head upright and stretching the ear canal by pulling the outer ear and then putting a steady stream of warm water into ear. Tilt head to the side to drain out the ear. Do not try this if one suspects that ear drum has been ruptured to prevent additional damage.
To avoid stinging or eardrum rupture from scratching or biting , one may use a drop or two of mineral, baby, or olive oil inside your ear canal to kill the insect. Finally, visit an ENT specialist doctor as they can remove the insect by special suction devices. Post insect removal, one must look out for signs of infection as swelling, dizziness, hearing loss, fever, and pain. Finally follow up with ENT specialist or Otolaryngologist for the final opinion.