Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj ParekhYour feedback matters!
During the early growing years, children are prone to a lot of airway problems, including asthma, tonsillitis, and sinusitis. Their immunity is also low, which contributes makes them prone to develop these infections very easily.
Homoeopathy is believed to be a milder form of treatment with minimal side effects and also get rid of the underlying medical condition and also improve their immunity. Read on to know more about these conditions and what products homoeopathy uses.
- Asthma: Asthma is a common condition with wheezing episodes and difficulty breathing. Asthma attacks can be triggered by emotional stress, change of weather, occupational effects, family history of atopic diseases. Some of the commonly used homoeopathic medicines include Ipecac, Arsenicum, Nux Vomica, Natrum sulphuricum, and Kali bichromicum. The weather of the place you reside and the time of the attacks also have a major role to play in choosing the right component.
- Adenoids: This is the group of lymph tissue that is hidden behind the roof of the mouth. Their infection causes pain, fever, difficulty breathing, sinus infections, and snoring. Hydrastis, Calcarea phosphorica, Agraphis nutan, Tuberculinum, and Cistus Canadensis are some of the most frequently used compounds to treat enlarged adenoids. Managing adenoid infection can be useful in preventing adenoid surgery, which is very frequently done.
- Nasal Polyps: These are overgrowths of the nasal mucosa, and they lead to blocked nose, frequent sneezing, and nasal voice. The associated symptoms of loss of smell, bleeding, nasal obstruction, distension of the nose, will decide the right compound for you. Calcarea Carb, phosphorus, conium, Teucrium Marum Varum, Hekla Lava are commonly used to manage nasal polyps without having to go through surgical removal.
- DNS: The right and left nostrils are separated by a thin layer of bone and cartilage called the nasal septum. When this layer is not at the centre, but deviated to the right or left, it can cause breathing problems, nasal congestion, and sometimes pain and nosebleeds. In some people, this could also be a cosmetic issue with the external nose also looking crooked. Sangunaira, Aconite, Ars alb, Thuja, Tuber, Teucr mer are some compounds which produce good results.
- Tonsillitis: The tonsils are lymphatic tissue in the back of the throat, and due to various reasons, there can be attacks of acute or chronic tonsillitis. Baryta Carbonica, Calcarea phosphorica, Bromine, Calcarea iodata, and Lycopodium are frequently used to manage tonsillitis without having to remove them.
- Sinusitis: There are 4 major sinuses in the facial region and depending on the sinus affected, there can be heavy-headedness, blocked nose, facial bone pain, runny nose and pain between the eyes. Silicea, Merc Sol, Belladonna, Pulsatilla, and Kali Bichrome are effectively used to treat chronic sinusitis symptoms.
Most of the airway passage conditions in children can be treated with homoeopathic medications with minimal side effects and reducing the need for surgery. It is very important to understand that each child is unique and the right regime will be drawn up after a detailed discussion about history, accompanying symptoms, and predisposition to the condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
My 3 years old daughter generally complaints pain down the knee in middle area of leg in bones. She is not much vocal but sometimes cries with pain during night. We also observed sometime she does not seems comfortable in walk. However from the starting we give her V D3 drops, calcium tab, milk and eggs which she likes most. What should we do doctor please guide.
My baby girl is eight months old, yesterday night she was crying fully and today I can see a discharge in her left ear like pus, and she cries touching ear and when eating and when trying to sleep.
I am 30 year old woman I hv 10 month son I breastfeed him daily bt when I feed him I have pain so what should I do?
Hi, My daughter is of 8 Months, she has a bad cough from last 4-5 days, we were giving her hatric3 syrup for cough, but there is no improvement, please suggest the better one..
I got operated gall balder 2 year back, now I got stated with gastric problem, kindly suggest. I have visited gastrilogist in apple hospital too he has given one month medicine, in between it got stop again started. Kindly suggest.
I have child and his age is 3. 6 years, but he cant speak well. He can repeat what we are speaking. But he can not speak properly.
My son is 9 months old every day he use to go motion once in morning. But 2 day often he is going for motion little by little and crying due to pain what may be the reason? How to cure it?
Spitting up, refusing to try new foods and occasionally turning up their noses at feeding times, is normal but consistently refusing food and water, vomiting and allergies may indicate an underlying medical condition that requires attention. Common feeding problems that affect infants include sucking, prolonged chewing without swallowing, holding food in their mouth and grabbing food. Infants who are unable to close their mouths in order to keep food inside may also be said to be suffering from feeding problems.
Feeding problems could be triggered by medical conditions like a cleft palate, premature birth, respiratory problems, low birth weight etc. or by non-medical reasons such as the child’s feeling of being unloved or stressed. Symptoms of feeding problems vary from infant to infant. However, some of the common symptoms exhibited are:
Problems with chewing
Refusing to eat foods or drink liquids
Long feeding times
Coughing or gagging while feeding
Difficulty with breast or bottle feeding
Nasal stuffiness while eating
Recurring respiratory infections
Vomiting or excessive spitting up of food
Arching the back while feeding
Disinterest in feeding
Though feeding problems are minor in most cases, it is important to consult a doctor if this behaviour continues over a period of time. This is because the child may be suffering from an underlying medical condition or could be at an increased risk of suffering from dehydration, aspiration and lung problems. It could also lead to delayed physical and mental development, speech problems and cognitive issues.
Feeding problems are addressed in many different ways. The first step to dealing with feeding problems is to change the texture and temperature of food being given to the baby. In addition, try changing the posture of the baby while feeding.
In some cases, mouth exercises may be needed to strengthen the mouth muscles. Chewing exercises and tongue movement may also help reduce feeding problems.
Encourage your infant to try different types of food by including different textures in their daily meals. Alternating food textures and liquids can make it easier for the infant to swallow the food. Do not force your child to eat in a hurry but let him or her take their own time.
In cases where the infant is not gaining weight, the doctor may suggest nutritional changes and a specific diet to help gain weight. In emergency cases, hospitalisation may also be required and your baby may be given a feeding tube to ensure he or she receives adequate nutrition.
Mera 10 month kaa beta he kal raat se ushe ulti dast ho rhi he, kuch bhi dete he to vomating ho jati he, ushe relyte your enterogemina ab thk diya he par aaram nhi he, please suggest.
-does not responds to sound by making sounds, or by looking at the speaker.
- isn't using gestures, such as bye-bye & does not stops activity in response to'no.
- does not point to five body parts and has trouble imitating tow word sentences
- does not follow a serious two simple but related commands.
- about three quaters of the child's speech at 3 years and by 4 years old, a child should mostly be understood even by people who don't know the child.
If your answer is" yes, consult a speech language pathologist
My daughter is 5 year old & suffering from b-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia & her treatment is continue under aiims hospital new delhi. My question is that is there any other ayurveda & homeopathic medicine, if yes then can I start it simultaneously or not? please help me. I will wait for your favorable reply. With best regards
Dear Sir, My 21 month old child suffering from cough, cold and fever since 4 days. Before 25 days he was suffered from cough. The child specialist told that your son is infected from grand TV after x-ray and blood test report. He gave medicine for 10 days and call after 10 days. After 10 days he gave medicine again for 30 days. And now he is suffering from cough ,cold and fever and child specialist is out of country. Now another doctor treating my son and he hold all previous medicine. Please advice me that medicine of grand TV on hold is good or not for my son's health. Medicine detail are given below.
Cough is a natural reflex of body in order to avoid any foreign particle from entering lungs, throat or even airway however continuous coughing will cause discomfort to the body.
Some of the symptoms which have to be looked out to identify wet cold are:
? Pain in chest and throat
? Cough along with mucus or phlegm
? Weaker immunity system opening body for other diseases
Reasons which may force common cold into body are:
? Common cold
? Climatic change
Remedies which can be easily prepared at home to treat wet cold include:
1). Pepper, Sugar Candy and liquorice powder:
Ingredients to be used:
? 1 tsp black peppercorns
? 2 tsp sugar candy
? 3 tsp liquorice powder
Make powder of all the ingredients, ½ tsp of this powder has to be consumed 4 times every day.
2). Ginger and honey:
? Raw ginger
Extract 1 tsp of ginger juice from ginger paste to which 1 tsp of honey has to be added and heated till it is lukewarm. 1 tsp of this mixture has to be consumed thrice every day.