Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj MundeYour feedback matters!
My baby daughter is 4 months old. She is underweight. What all can I give her to feed other than mothers milk? Like orange juice grapes juice? Please help.
1) my baby sleeps fast while drinking milk, she is one month old, m not sure if I have enough milk or if she is tried sucking and than sleeps. I am giving her lactogen as top up 2) also I wanted to know if lactogen is good as top up or mum mum.
My baby boy is 30 month old. And he has constant constipation problem from 3-4 month after born. We have to use medicine at list one day in a week to discharge potty. Pls help me .
Pulse polio vaccines are safe or not. As many times we have come to know that government medical officers fail to maintain vaccines at 2-8 degree which may make the vaccines ineffective. Will this cause any adverse or side effects to the child?
My baby girl is 18 months and weighs 10. 4 kg. She is teething around 4 teeth simultaneously and thus not eating anything at all for past 1 week. If I try to force feed her she throws up. Please advise.
I am observing symptoms of pin-worm in my baby boy (age 20 months). Please suggest the preventive medicine. Two months before on observing the same, We gave him some medicine (unfortunately I forgot the name) in the form of syrup and the symptoms went away but from last three days he is again feeling itching in his anus before going to sleep.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
Upper respiratory infection (URI) is a condition, which involves illness, mainly caused by critical infection in the upper respiratory tract. This region includes the pharynx, larynx, nose and sinus. This infection causes diseases, such as tonsillitis (tonsils get inflamed), pharyngitis (causes sore throat) sinusitis (nasal passage becomes inflamed), laryngitis (voice box in your throat gets inflamed) and common cold.
Causes of upper respiratory infection (URI):
- Both virus and bacteria cause upper respiratory infection (URI). The most common form of virus causing this infection is known as 'rhinovirus.'
- The immune system of young adults and children are often very vulnerable. Hence, they are more likely to develop upper respiratory tract infection.
- URI is also contagious and airborne in nature. So if a person comes in contact with an infected person suffering from URI, he/she is likely to develop this infection.
- Not washing hands before meals can also cause upper respiratory infection because the virus can be transferred easily to the mouth and can travel into your system.
- If you have any lung problem or heart disease, you are more likely to be susceptible to upper respiratory infection.
- Those who already have inflamed tonsils can trigger tonsillitis by drinking any cold or spicy beverage like ice-creams or cold milkshakes.
- Exposure to some flu or cold can cause pharyngitis. It can also be caused by second hand smoking.
- Birth defects or structural defects in the nasal cavity or nasal polyps can cause sinusitis. Sometimes the inside part of the nose may get swollen due to common cold and block your ducts. This is a common cause for sinusitis.
Symptoms of acute upper respiratory infection:
- Congestion in the lungs or nasal area.
- Whooping cough
- Running nose due to common cold.
- Feelings of fatigue and lethargy throughout the day.
- Your body will start aching without engaging in any physical exercise.
- You can also lose consciousness in severe respiratory tract infections.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Oxygen levels in blood drop down drastically.
Sometimes in worse cases, acute upper respiratory tract infection (URI) can also cause respiratory failure, respiratory arrest and congestive heart failure. Therefore, it is necessary to book an appointment with a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the above symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.
My kid is 2 years old, last 2 days there has been redness in his eyes and yellowish things coming from eyes. He also had running nose. Our doctor has advised to give Tobacin and Maxtra. Things seems to be better now. Please tell if above medicine is good for kids and has no side effects. Also as summer is coming, can this be eye infection or due to cool air hitting the eyes? What can we do to boost his immunity?
Baby girl aged 2 years had slight temperature for the last two days, she was administered acetominofin and she is under control, but yesterday we observed a slight swelling on the lower part behind her ear. What might be the reason for this. This is not paining and she is quite normal otherwise.
Aagar baby ko loose motion lag jae to opium de sakte hai ya nahi. Agar dene k baad koi problem ho to kya kre.
My 2 years 4months old girl is becoming aggressive for small things, I really don't understand how to calm down, I tried by coming down to her level n talking smoothly but I dont solve my isue successfully. She zis ruling us and still we are failing in making her happy. I badly need a solution for this Abt her- going to play group frm month, not a foodie,
My 4 years kid is having fever last 4 days. Today we did a blood check up for hims. Results says CRP level is 45. What does it mean? Is there anything wrong If CRP level go high? What are the after effects of this?
Epilepsy is defined as a neurological disorder, which affects people of all age groups. However, the cases of seizures are found more in young children (likely to occur in as many as 4% of children) than in adults. It is still not known as to why a developing brain is more prone to seizures than a mature brain. A child is said to be suffering from epilepsy when they occur frequently.
As parents your responsibilities are compounded if your child has epilepsy. You not only have to pay heed towards the normal concerns of his/her upbringing but also have to look into your child's emotional aspects, while dealing with the disorder in your day to day life.
You can help your child deal with the condition in the following ways:
1. It is quite likely that your child may feel resentful and develop emotional issues, such as depression or low self-esteem. Help your child cultivates positive attitude towards life and his/her disease.
2. Try to make your child come to terms with reality by helping him/her to understand that even though he/she may be different, he/she shouldn't look upon the condition as something that is abnormal. It is best to help your child concentrate on his/her strengths at such times.
3. Help your child participate in activities of his/her choice to instill positivity in life.
4. Make sure your other children understand their sibling's ailment and if he/she feels neglected try and spend more time with him/her. If need be, seek family counselling to make everyone understand how to deal with your child's illness.
5. Learn about your child's medication schedule thoroughly and also find out what he/she needs to do in case a dose of medication is missed.
6. Develop an environment where he/she feels comfortable and can easily share a concern or anxieties.
Hi, I have 2 month male baby he have single testicle so is it any problem to his future? please suggest.
1 years kid. Gets fever in the night upto 101 deg since last 3 days. Very weak doesn't eat anything. Fast breathing sometimes in the night. 3-4 times stool in a day with a foul smell. RBC count was slightly less. What could be the problem?
Ashthma patient should avoid early morning walk, avoid exposure to smoke,dust,fumes,strong smells,allout, and should take thier medicines as advised by their doctor.