Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj MittalYour feedback matters!
A very common complaint, a number of factors can cause wrist pain but arriving at the exact cause can be a tad bit difficult. Depending on the cause, wrist pain can vary in intensity.
What causes pain in your wrist?
Injury to any part of the wrist can lead to wrist pain and impinge on your ability to use the affected hand and wrist. The causes can be injuries like sudden impacts and repetitive stress; arthritis like osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis; or diseases such as carpal tunnel syndrome that affect this part of the body.
1. Sudden impacts - Falling forward onto your extended hand can give rise to instances of wrist pain. Injury occurring from this sudden impact can cause not only sprains and strains but also fractures.
2. Repetitive stress - An activity that involves the movement of your wrist in repeating motions can cause the joint tissues to be inflamed or give rise to stress fractures, especially if the movement is performed without any break for a long period of time.
3. Rheumatoid arthritis - In this disorder, both the wrists can get affected. In general, the disorder sees your body's immune system attacking tissues of your body.
4. Osteoarthritis - Although the condition is very uncommon in the wrist, it occurs in individuals who have suffered a wrist injury in the past. Osteoarthritis typically happens when the cartilage that acts as the cushion at the end of your bones undergoes deterioration with time.
5. Carpal tunnel syndrome - An increase in pressure on the median nerve (a nerve that affects the sensation or movement of your hand) that passes a passageway called the carpal tunnel can cause you to suffer from wrist pain.
In addition to these causes, instances of Kienbock's disease and ganglion cysts can also lead to this problem.
How to identify the signs of the problem?
The pain can vary depending on the cause. So, wrist pain arising out of osteoarthritis will exhibit a dull pain while that from carpal tunnel syndrome will give a pins and needles sensation. Many times, the location of the pain can help the doctor to determine the cause behind the symptoms you may experience. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a orthopedist.
I am 69 years old male and suffering from arthritis of knees. My weight is 98 kg, height 173cm. Is there any other way to reduce the pain other than physio exercises which I do daily.
I am tired and filling pain in right foot I just played cricket what should I do please give full advice.
I have ligament rupture for last 2 months. Still not healed. Will ozone injection help. Its on right side of left leg at knee joint.
My wife went through a surgery and anesthesia was tried through spine but she hesitated and they had to take the injection out and give an injection on her hand. It's been 3 days and now she complaints about severe headache and pain in the neck which she can't bare. Doc suggested to take a lot fluids and bed rest. We are going on a long trip in 5 days and not sure if she will be ok by then. Any suggestions than rest and fluids, which can cure the problem early.
I am 27 years old and I have backpain from few months. I used some pain relief antibiotic tablets from last month but it works for few hours each day. Please recommend me something.
I have a severe back pain and neck pain as I work as a representative so I need to travel on bike whole day, so please give me some guidance.
Hye I am 18 year old I have a problem in my back I used many pain creams creams but no relief Please sugest me any treatment.
1.Neck Retraction – Bring the head straight back, keeping your eyes forward then return to a neutral position.
2.Head Drop – Tip your head back as far as it can comfortably go pointing your chin toward the ceiling. Return to a neutral position.
3.Side Bend – Reach over the top of your head with your left hand and gently pull your left ear to your left shoulder. Repeat for the right side.
4.Rotation – Turn your head to the left so that your nose is over your shoulder. Return to a neutral position. Repeat on the right side.
5.Flexion – Clasp your hands behind your head and guide the head down – bringing your chin toward your the chest.
6.Shoulder Blade Pull – Bend raised arms at 90 degree angles. Relax your shoulders and squeeze the muscles between the shoulder blades.