Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj MehraYour feedback matters!
I have problems my teeth and bloods come to after cleans my teeth. how to resolve the problems my problems give me solution I feel little pain also.
I've dental problem. I don't why are they decading I smoke now. But it was just after it's before. I've lost one of my tooth from it's root and now it's paining a lot. What shall I do please recommend me i'm looking for treatment.
I have got a toothache in my lower premolars since four or five days. Can you tell me how to recover from it.
In my mouth on right cheek near lower jaw I got small whitish red spot can you please say some precautions to prevent it my friends saying it is cancer.
White spot in my tongue and pimple.In my stool test i have bad bacteria .What food i have to take it to control ?
How to whitening my yellowish teeth? I have bad mouth odor also. Please tell me any best toothpaste for whitening my teeth.
I am continuously having mouth ulcers usually just one at a time. What should I be doing to get rid of it?
I am 22 year old male and I have cavities in my teeth. Please suggest some medicine to remove cavity.
I am having pain in my gums on which there is a yellow color spot at the side of it between the cheek and the gum because of which I am having a lot of pain on eating. Please suggest me a home or ayurvedic treatment. Thanks.
Hello doctor, I often get mouth ulcers badly and it pains very much , I need to get rid of it permanently , please provide me a solution for it , waiting for your feedback Now days I have started using B complex Capsule also , is there any other prevention method , please confirm.
I am 54 years old gents. I am having tooth decay problem . Each month I am losing some part of my teeth due to decay . I expect it will finish within next 5/6 years . Why such thing happening and what to do. Shyam sundar Rout - e amil address bonaisgupsng"gmail.Com. Please help me.
She is 2.5 years old, she has a cavities in her teeth, wat we do, we are very scared, is there any treatment for the same.
Sometimes I feel severe burning sensation not in my mouth but while gulping a banana in my food pipe I think And I get burps for at least 3-4 seconds ×(3-5) times =20 seconds at a stroke and repeat this procedure at least 10 times per day since past two years. And sometimes burp also bring a burning sensation to me that is literally unbearable may I get a solution to my problem.
It is said that oral health is the best indicator of a person's health. A bad oral hygiene translates down to the rest of the organs, reflecting poor health. And, like all other organs of the body, the oral cavity also is aging and therefore, requires extra attention to maintain good health and requires longer time to heal and get back to its original state. So, as the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure.
The following are some reasons why oral health in older patients is very important:
- Food and nutrition: Be it a regular decay or rare cases of oral cancer, poor oral health means reduced food intake. In the elderly, the tissues supporting the teeth (periodontium) deteriorates, leading to loosening of teeth and inability to eat and chew food. This gets into a vicious cycle, and for the elderly, good healthy nutrition is very important for overall health. If decayed teeth and weak teeth are not allowing them to eat well, the overall health takes a toll too.
- Overall health: Poor oral health is associated with higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. Also, in diabetics especially, the periodontal tissue is easily affected and prone to infection. This leads to not just tooth mobility, but also root caries. The incidence of abscess and cyst associated with root caries is much
- higher than decay in the crown portion of the tooth. The simple logic is that there is more tooth structure covering the crown than the root, and therefore, the decay reaches the pulp a lot more quickly.
- Medications and side effects: Dental pain, those who have experienced will swear to be one of the worst pains to go through. And in old age, it is something that is best avoided. So, better oral care and hygiene measures become all the more important. Once pain sets in, the antibiotics and painkillers become necessary, bringing with them a host of side effects.
Simple Management tips:
- Brush twice a day using fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse with each meal with a mouthwash is possible, else with plain water
- Floss regularly to prevent interdental caries
- Routine bi-annual visits to the dentist, especially if you are prone for decay or have dry mouth. Whether it is a small decay or a lesion, the dentist will be able to detect it early and arrest and/or treat it
- Don't ignore lumps or sore throat that is persistent
- Quit smoking, use of tobacco (if applicable)
- Healthy diet that is rich in fiber
To avoid the vicious cycle of dental symptoms and complications and their effect on general health, it is advisable to do some basic hygiene measures.