Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
I am suffering with mouth ulcers for recently from last 1 month Why it's coming continuously for me.
I am suffering from tooth ake from 3days they said they have to do root canal treatment is there any alternative for this.
Does by scaling polishing, the tooth get weaker. I heard from many peoples that it does. Is it true.
My right and left side's 2nd molar teeth has decayed and affected by cavity and its affecting other teeth too and right side's upper 2nd molar teeth is decayed too shall I just remove or recap this.
My 2 Year baby got cavity in his four his front teeth. We have started brushing him at night and applying GC Tooth Mousse daily. So the situtaion is under control but since he is still in his teething phase whenever we try brushing him. His gums bleeds as he is reclutant due to pain in the gums. Pls advise how to handle and brush a 2 Y baby. Also what are the chances of his permanent teeth carrying cavities also. Thanks
Actually today I was in date with my girlfriend and we were kissing each other and then suddenly my says me that from your mouth had smell is coming.
Sir today in market there is a lot of company with their toothpaste so any one can get confused. Please suggest me right brand. Thank you.
Sir from last months I have some itching and little pain in my tongue. There is little hill like structure on the below of my tongue. Sir what is the treatment for it.
Hi I'm a male or boys is it necessary to brush teeth in the night see because I don't get time to brush in the night so it is necessary to brush in the night once in the morning is not OK? It is necessary to brush twice or in the night also? I don't get time to brush my teeth in the night I go to sleep directly? Is it necessary or once is OK? Once is OK brushing in the morning? Please tell me please.
The primary or milk teeth begins to erupt at about 6 months of life with the complete set in place by 2.5 years of age, and the entire set is replaced by the age of 14. The benefits of some of the preventive dental measures are outlined below.
- Maternal care during pregnancy: The teeth begin to form during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is very important that the maternal diet includes sufficient amounts of calcium, potassium, and fluoride for optimal tooth mineralization. Good tooth structure has greater resistance to decay than hypomineralized teeth.
- Routine oral hygiene: For the first 6 months, though there are no teeth, after each nursing, end it with a spoonful or two of water to wash down the milk. Gradually, the gums can be just wiped with a gauze pad or soft cotton to remove any residual bacteria. The baby also gets used to this habit, and once the teeth are in, there are lesser bacteria for the decay process to begin. Once the teeth begin to erupt, the nursing habits also need to be modified to ensure the baby is not allowed to go to sleep with a bottle. This is a common practice to put the baby to sleep and should be avoided to reduce the occurrence of nursing bottle caries.
- Fluoride application: Fluoride has been shown to have significant benefits in preventing caries. Once routine dental visits begin, then the dentist will be able to tell if fluoride needs to be applied. This can happen either in the form of a gel or varnish that is applied in the dental office or as a paste that is used at home. This helps in building resistance to decay.
- Pit and fissure sealants: The tooth has a number of pits and fissures which are 8 times more vulnerable to decay than other surfaces. Deep pits are shown to harbor more bacteria and thereby greater incidence of caries. There are sealants which are thin resins that can be applied on the tooth, which can reduce bacteria accumulation and further decay.
- Space maintainers: In the event that a child has lost a tooth, either due to trauma or decay and subsequent infection, then a space maintainer should be placed within the next 3 months. This helps in maintaining the space and establishing a good bite during the transition phase and later, once the permanent teeth are in place.
- Orthodontic treatment: If there is malocclusion, then early intervention helps by reducing treatment time and getting better results as the teeth and periodontium are still very elastic and are more malleable to movement.
By doing these preventive measures early in life, the result is a child who has healthier teeth, less decay, less pain, and a happy smile all the time! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.