Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj GandhiYour feedback matters!
I am an architecture student, long seating is necessary for me. This also comes with back pain sometimes. What should I do to keep my back bone strong. Very strong.
I fall down and got strain my by leg joints 15 days ago. I think it's a kind of strain and it will heal by some sort of massage. But even after 15 days of massage. It's the same: swelled up and I am not being able to bend my legs fully. It pains all the day and it feels heavy when I walk. What should I do to get rid of this? Thank you in advance.
Hello doctor I am 34 years old male, have upper back, neck, shoulder, lower back and hip pain. What should I do?
I am having pain in my legs since 30 days provide me a solution or otherwise I will cut my legs should i?
While I am wake up in morning my legs getting strain because the nerves of getting packed fir 5 mins at that I am getting lot strain.
Hi i am 55 years old male with type 2 diabetic for the past two years. Hba1c is 5. 9. Have pain in left knee while going up or down in stairs. Please suggest
. I am 25 year old male and have backache for last 2 months. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but haven?t got any relief. What should I do now?
The knee is the largest joint in the human body and is a complex structure formed of bone, muscle and cartilage. Development of pain in the knees can be caused by numerous factors such as aging, injuries, diseases, dietary deficiencies, etc.
Arthritis is the most common cause of knee pain and usually affects the elderly and aged. It occurs due to an inflammation of the joint and causes pain, swelling, redness and inflexibility of the knees.
What are the factors that determine treatment method?
Diagnosis for knee pain varies from patient to patient as each case is different and must be approached differently. Some of the factors that determine the treatment method are as follows:
- Cause of the problem
- Nature and intensity of pain
- Age of the patient
- Medical history of the patient
- Diet and lifestyle of the patient
There are a number of different types of arthritis which can affect the knees in different ways and, consequently, require different types of treatment methods.
What are the various treatment methods for knee pain?
1. Conventional Remedies - These are used in case of conditions that are not too severe or chronic. It includes keeping on bed rest, using an ice pack, taking a painkiller and anti-inflammatory medicines, wearing knee braces, etc.
2. Physical Therapy - There are many stretching and strengthening exercise routines that help alleviate knee pain and treat the condition. Recovery is achieved by making the muscles around the knees stronger and increasing stability and flexibility.
3. Injections to the Knees - A number of anti-inflammatory substances and supplements, as well as lubricants, can be injected into the knee joint which helps reduce pain and makes the joint more supple.
4. Stem Cell Therapy - This involves drawing platelets from the patient's blood and injecting it into the knee joint for repairing damage caused to ligaments, tendons or cartilage.
5. Surgery - Surgical procedures for treating knee pain include partial or complete knee replacements.