Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj DhawanYour feedback matters!
Hi sir, I am having digestion problem and my weight is increasing I used to drink upto 3 ltrs of water but no use I am not getting motions properly pls give me a suggestion fr this.
I am 26 year old female and very often I have burning sensation in my anus accompanied with constipation.
I am suffering from a condition where a pea size ball emerged uper end of my anus. It doesn't itch, it pains a slight if I touch it. It goes inside when I stand up! What is the actual term of the disease and what should I do?
Why I am suffering from acidity and constipations severely even I do not eat too much oily or spicy food or over eating.
Gastroenteritis, also commonly referred to as infectious diarrhoea, is a gastric disorder. The gastrointestinal tract, which comprises of the small intestine and stomach gets inflamed. Gastroenteritis is indicated by the symptoms such as diarrhea, acute vomiting and pain in the abdomen. Fever, exhaustion and dehydration are also observed. This disease usually lasts not more than two weeks. It is also called the stomach flu. Infections caused by virus, bacteria, parasites or fungi may lead to gastroenteritis. Viruses account for this disease the most. This disease is transmitted mainly from food items and contaminated water. Important electrolytes like sodium and potassium are lost from our body.
The most common remedy in case of gastroenteritis is having ORS. However, homeopathy is also considered very effective if you have got infectious diarrhoea. Homeopathic medicines are considered very safe and result yielding in case of gastroenteritis. Homeopathy is a form of medicine, which is always given preference by all experts, as it is natural with no side effects. After conducting various surveys, it has been proven that homeopathic treatment is far more effective than other forms of medication for gastroenteritis.
Here is a list of the best homeopathic remedies for the treatment of gastroenteritis. There are many categories of homeopathic medicines for diarrhoea each with their own significance.
- Aconite: This must be used for diarrhea caused in the season when the days are hot, and the nights are comparatively cold. The symptoms appear in the middle of the night. Heavy diarrhoea along with high-intensity fever occurs and anxiety.
- Aloe: This remedy should be used in case of a continuing urge for stool because of the weakness of the anal sphincter. Mucus is accompanied along with pain in the rectum area. In case of adults, this diarrhoea is also characterized by blue hemorrhoids.
- Arsenicum album: This medicine is used in case of food poisoning. The affected person feels cold, tired and panicky. Vomiting and diarrhoea take place after midnight. Burning pain in the abdomen is also observed.
- Cinchona: Used in case of diarrhoea with the presence of excessive exhaustion and abdomen gas. The abdomen gets bloated up.
- Ipeca: When there is nausea and non stop vomiting or your mouth gets filled with saliva, Ipeca can be used. Thirst is lost, and the color of the stool may be green or bloody.
- Podophyllum: This medicine is usually used by tourists in case of diarrhoea. Abdominal vibration and frequent stools are indicated. The stool is characterized by an unpleasant smell.
- Merc.sol- Diarrhoea with much tenesmus before and after stool, also with large thirst. Pulsatilla-diarrhoea after taking rich-fatty food, pain in whole abdomen with heaviness in stomach. Arsenicum album incase of food poisoning. Incase of taking fish or oyster or eating decayed food if diarrhea occurs then arsenic is the Medicine that works.
- Pulsatilla- Diarrhoea after taking rich-fatty food, pain in whole abdomen with heaviness in stomach.
- Arsenic - Incase of taking fish or oyster or eating decayed food if diarrhea occurs then arsenic is the Medicine that works.
- Nitric Acid- Summer diarrhoea mostly with burning in anus long-lasting after stool.
Other medicines can also be prescribed according to the symptom similarity. So, it is always recommended to consult a specialized homeopath to treat your problem.