Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj Devidas ShahYour feedback matters!
I am 46 years old have a leg pain since 25 years I have used so much tablets and ointment bbt I can't pls suggest a ointment never pain again.
Hi my name is kishore here. My parents both have diabetics still they take medicines on. Monthly basis still they are suffering from back. Pain specifically hip pain. Please do. Suggest me the best tips to get them. Relief from hip pain.
I am 24 years old, my right leg ankle pain after 2 weeks, whin I playing football on ground, this time occur this fact of my right leg ankle. So how can I realised this syndrome?
I fell down in the bath room and my left shoulder got dislocated.However,the problem was rectified at a reputed orthopaedic hospital at Hyderabad immediately.I am constantly administered physiotherapy,pain killers and muscle relaxtants for the last two and a half months. I am still having muscular pain occasionally.Please Advice.
I am 19 year old male I have backache I use many cream (volini, move, rallyspray) But still I have backache (from last 3 months) I take x-ray Problem shows in x-ray:- disc space reduction AT L5/S. 1. Help me.
I am 30 years old person. My job is a sitting job. I have backache since last month. Kindly give some advice.
Hello, am 5 weeks pregnant now. Am suffering with severe backache and mild abdominal pain. Is it normal or any risk is there? Waiting for your answer. Thank you.
I have small disk. And my lift leg paining I went doctor he proscribed me some pain lure and nerve medication but still my leg paining. How I can get well and don't take medication. Thanks.
Frozen shoulder, keep recurring very often pls suggest some massage or general non oral medication or caring of the same.
Hamstring injury -
A hamstring injury is a strain or tear to the tendons or large muscles at the back of the thigh.
The hamstrings are tendons (strong bands of tissue) at the back of the thighs the hamstrings are tendons (strong bands of tissue) at the back of the thighs that attach the large thigh muscle to the bone. Hamstring muscles aren't used much while standing or walking, but they're very active during activities that involve bending the knee, such as running, jumping and climbing.
The hamstringswhat causes hamstring injuries?
How do I know if i've injured my hamstring?
When to see your physiotherapist recovery?
It's a common injury in athletes and the three grades injury are:
- Grade 1 – a mild muscle pull
- Strain (few days to heal, whereas it could take) weeks
- Grade 2 – a partial muscle tear grade 2 recovery time depends from a hamstring strain or tear will depend on how severe the injury is)
- Grade3 – a complete muscle tear (may take a for months)
What causes hamstring injuries?
- A hamstring injury can occur if any of the tendons or muscles are stretched beyond their limit- during sudden, explosive movements, such as sprinting, lunging or jumping,
- Can also occur more gradually, or during slower movements that overstretch your hamstring.
- Recurring injury is common in athletes and sportsmen, more likely to injure your hamstring if injured it before.
- Preventive care - regularly doing stretching and strengthening exercises, and warming up before exercise, may help reduce the risk of injuring your hamstring.
How do I know if i've injured my hamstring?
Mild hamstring strains (grade 1) will usually cause sudden pain the back of your thigh. It may be painful to move your leg, but the strength of the muscle shouldn't be affected.
Partial hamstring tears (grade 2) are usually more painful and tender. There may also be some swelling and bruising at the back of your thigh and you may have lost some strength in your leg.
Severe hamstring tears (grade 3) will usually be very painful, tender, swollen and bruised. There may have been a" popping" sensation at the time of the injury and you'll be unable to use the affected leg.
When to see your physio -
It's not healing, or your symptoms are getting worse.
Your physiotherapist also advise you about when you can return to your normal activities and what exercises you should do to aid your recovery in the meantime.
Rest and recovery
Recovering from a hamstring injury may take days, weeks or months but if you visit physio it mostly takes 10 to 15 days.
A completely torn hamstring (grade 3) may take several months to heal and you'll be unable to resume training or play sport during this time.
During the first two or three days, you should care for your injury using rice therapy:
- Rest – keep your leg as still as you possibly can and avoid physical activity, crutches in more severe cases.
- Ice – apply cold packs 15 to 20 minutes every two to three hours during the day. Don't apply ice directly to your skin.
- Compression – compress or bandage the thigh to limit any swelling and movement that could cause further damage.
- Elevation – keep your leg raised and supported on a pillow.