Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
Hi. My father is 78 years old and he is paralysed left side effected left arm and leg from 2013. And regular problem cough and urine no control. Many time he is infected lungs or urine. Even today also infection suddenly coming fever with shivering. Cbc and urine test are done both reports are showing infection. My family doctor provide medicine lucipro 250mg daily 3 times. But one days ok and next increase same problem. Please any one advice me my further
1. Wen I hav food me head sweats, especially wen the food is little spicy. 2. Unlike before, now a days I feel to pee at night after sleep at least once or twice, is it related to diabetes. 3. Am 29 year old, married man. 4. Also recently two weeks back, was suffering from kidney stones, 2mm on left n 4mm on right, medication going on. Am having more water than bfre. Kindly advice.
I am a diabetic for 2 years and was recently diagnosed with uti infections the sugar in urine was 0, 5 and albumin ++ is this serious and there is swelling only in one ankle with pain please help.
When I go for Urin than I notice two things 1st color is dark yellow and feel very bad small that's why?
Sir I am having urination problem and white discharge problem from last four years. I have done my urine and blood test and the report was normal. But it is important that I am having diabetes. please help
My baby's genital area turned red and paediatrician said it was diaper rash. He prescribed Mintonia syrup 2.5 ml daily and Candiderma + cream to be applied after each urine. He is 7 months old. Is it safe to take these medicines?
I have 1.5cm hypodense mass lesion in the left kidney. Appearing echogenic on ultrasound with no CT demonstrable fat attenuation within? Renal cell carcinoma? Angiomyolipoma. Then I take biopsy Biopsy result as A1 to A3 renal cortical tissue A4 sections reveal a tumour composed of papillae lined by a single layer of small cells with scant cytoplasm with mild nuclear pleomorphism. The papillae have delicate fibrovascular core Foam cell clusters are seen in an occasional area finally result concludes as papillary neoplasm of kidney pls explain what problem I have sir I am now afraid of cancer.
I have USG for KUB Rt. Kidney is 96*48 nd cortical thick of 13 mm Lt. Kidney is 106*51 nd cortical thick 13 mm B/L kidneys are normal in size position nd sinus echogenisity No overfilling is seen in either kidney LEFT KIDNEY _ shows overfilling and dilatation of Lt. Ureter nd 5 mm calculus is seen in left lower ureter at veisco ureteric junction. What should I do, tell me please help me, I am getting so much pain.
After urination some drops come after 2-3 minutes when I sit or jump. Sometimes it is sticky also. Please suggest some homemade remedy.
I feel slight Inflammation while urinating since a week I'm taking full liquids but still I have that I tried many things at home but nothing works I need some help so that I can treat that problem in home. Please help me.
I am 53 years old. And I have kidney diseases from 1.5 years and my creatinine level is 2, urea 36, sodium 136, potassium 145 and have diabetes and BP since 15 years. I always surfing from loose motion after every 2-3 days, I have consult my doctor and he suggested medicine by which I get relief but again after 2_3 I get same problem. And I take Aristozyme syrup is it good for me or not. Please help me, so I can get well soon.
An overactive bladder is marked by problems with one’s bladder storage system that results in sudden urge to urinate. Involuntary and leakage of urine is also a possibility in such a case.
The problem of an overactive bladder arises when the muscles of the bladder contract involuntarily. The conditions contributing to overactive bladder are:
- Excessive production of urine due to diabetes, poor kidney function or excessive fluid intake
- Medications that increase urine production by the bladder
- Acute infections in the urinary tract
- Abnormalities in the bladder, for instance, bladder stones or tumors
- Factors hindering bladder outflow such as constipation, enlarged prostate or earlier treatments for incontinence (loss of bladder control)
- Excessive intake of alcohol or caffeine
- Decline in one’s cognitive abilities due to factors such as ageing, thus making it hard for the bladder to comprehend the signals it gets from the brain
- Incomplete emptying of the bladder, leaving only a little storage space for the urine
- Neurological disorders
How it can be treated?
- Behavioral interventions help to manage overactive bladder effectively and without side-effects. They include-
- Exercises to strengthen one’s urinary sphincter and pelvic floor muscles
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Regulating fluid consumption
- Planning a schedule for trips to the toilet
- Employing a catheter to empty the bladder entirely
- Medications to alleviate the symptoms of incontinence and overactive bladder are-
- Oxybutynin gel
- Oxybutynin as a skin patch
- Injecting small doses of Botox (Botulinum toxin), protein-bacteria, directly into the bladder tissues to partially paralyze the bladder muscles, thus delaying urination.
- Surgery to magnify bladder capacity
However, it is a must that you seek the guidance of a urologist on immediate basis.