Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am trying to get pregnant but it's very hard for me to track my cycle. I get irregular periods sometimes I even miss a few months but I'm not pregnant. It's hard to know if I'm ovulating/fertile and it's really hard because my partner and I hardly ever see each other now days. I'm very worried as I have had an std in the past and I'm scared it may have caused me to be infertile. Also I have a aunty who was told she can't have kids. I've also sometimes have a brown discharge that is stringy and I don't know what it might be. I've visited a Dr. but she just won't take any tests until I've been trying to conceive over five years. So far I have been trying for 2 and a half years Please help me I'd really appreciate your help!
My wife is very slim .Her height is 5 ft 3 and weight is around 48 kgs .She does not put on weight inspite of having a good diet .She does not have any issue with Thyroid and other test were already done everything is normal . I thought that after marriage she would put on weight and look full around her breast and buttocks and on her hips .But it is the same Due to her slim figure I do not get satisfaction during intercourse. Kindly advice what can be done?
Hello doctor .i am 19 yrs. Old and I have done unprotected sex with my boyfriend in 6 months I have done 5 time unprotected sex and taken 5 time I pill. So my query is to you that I can be pregnant in future or not .means is there any problem with I pill taking too much. I can pregnant or not?
My friend asked me a question he done unsafe sex with her gf after completion of period time then she is saying some fluid is releasing from vagina is that is the symptoms for pregnancy?
Yesterday had a condom leak and I am doubtful if there had a sperm leak too. Can you suggest any emergency contraceptive pill like ipil. When I checked, heard that ipill is banned.
I am 35 years old and diagnosed with endometriosis and unhealthy fallopian tubes. My doctor has advised IVF. Please advise.
In my last scan Doctor found an ovarian cyst. But after using tablets, when I go to scan today, they told the cyst is removed and there is no problem. Now I want to conceive, is it the right time to conceive? Or any problem happened? Can I use any medicines?
Patient with 6 month amenorrhoea (pregnant) having severe right lumbar region pain extends from behind to forward up to groin region what's diagnosis if usg shows normal? reply.
I am 7 weeks pregnant. Today while going through my routine blood tests I came to know that I have high levels of tsh. It's value is as high as 11.28. I never had any history of high tsh levels. Will it affect my baby if I start medications immediately. Am I late in starting the treatment? please help.
Cough is the natural reflex action of a human being to clear the throat or breathing passage from obstructions by foreign particles. Whooping cough or pertussis can be identified by the whooping sound that accompanies cold cough. Whooping cough is caused due to bacterial infection or through transmission from the infected person.
The following are few symptoms of whooping cough:
- Runny nose and frequent sneezing
- Cough accompanied by a whooping sound
- Frequent vomiting
- Nasal congestion
- Sore throat
Whooping cough must be cured since it can pose serious health hazards for both children and adults and at times can even turn out to be life threatening. Ayurveda can effectively heal whooping cough naturally. The
Following are few simple steps offered by ayurveda for treating whooping cough:
- Honey: This is the most common and effective remedy suggested for whooping cough. Take a tablespoon of honey and mix it in a glass of lukewarm water to experience fast relief.
- Avoid smoking: Smoking makes whooping cough worse. So you must take care to quit the habit of smoking.
- Castor oil: Castor oil is also a remedy for whooping cough offered by ayurveda.
- Ginger juice: Ginger juice is a very effective remedy for curing whooping cough. You may mix the juice with honey or herbal tea.
- Aloe Vera juice: Aloe vera juice mixed with honey is considered to be a cure for whooping cough in ayurveda.
- Cloves: Sometimes cloves can also offer very fast relief from continuous coughing.
- Tulsi leaves: Tulsi leaves are also considered to be a very effective cure for whooping cough according to ayurveda.
- Breathing exercises: Practicing breathing exercises regularly can also give you relief from whooping cough.
Whooping cough generally persists for a week or two, but if severe it can continue to persist for even longer. You should not neglect whooping cough and must follow the above mentioned remedies right from the beginning to experience faster relief.
After how many days after period can I have sex with my partner so that she gets present and for how many month can I have sex with her and what to do and don't during sex so that nothing goes wrong and after pregnancy for how month we can have sex then when I can expect baby.
Hello doctor I don't have periods few months. I checked up from doctor My report say dis. Left ovary shows a well defined aneclioic cystic of size 77*66mm. No e/o any septation or mural module noted. Please tell which type of cyst in ovary is it water type cyst or any other. Please suggest me some tips about it. How can I get rid of dis. Please guide me doctor. thanks.
Maine copper T lgaya tha vo Maine June 1st week me nikale but muje may se period nahi aya to Maine prega news se bhe cheek kiya to negative hai or white pani bhi jada jata hai to es problem ka solution bataiye pls.
Urinary infection is one widespread disorder that most of the human beings face in the later stages of their lives. The infection is experienced mostly by half of the women and according to statistical data, it has been noted that about 40% of women and 12% of men get infected with urinary infection. Women who are sexually active have more possibilities to get this infection. It is an infection suffered by many people and which is more vulnerable to children and women.
The symptoms that are identified for a person with urinary infection are frequent urination and burning sensation at the time of passing urine. In certain cases, women even experience leaking of urine while sleeping. It is advised not to take this condition casually as it can lead to further complications, and medications need to be taken to reduce the discomfort caused.
Main Causes of Urinary Infection:
- The main reason for urinary infection is the bacterium that moves from the urinary duct to the urinary bladder.
- The other main reasons for urinary tract infection are due to sexual intercourse, pregnancy and diabetes.
- There are chances to get urinary infection if a person has sex with many partners.
- In most women urinary infection is caused due to hormonal imbalance after menopause.
- Women should not hold back the urge for urinating frequently, as it can weaken the bladder and makes it prone to urinary infection.
Treatment for Urinary Infection:
There are simple and helpful home remedies that can be used for the treatment of urinary infection and these include
- It is very necessary to drink a lot of water, as it would help flush the bacteria from the bladder that causes the infection. It is advisable to drink at least 80 ounces of water on a daily basis.
- It is advisable to eat foods rich in Vitamin C as they are helpful in making the urine more acidic, and it inhibits further growth of the bacterium in the urinary tract.
- It is very important that spicy foods and bladder irritants like caffeine, carbonated drinks and artificial sweeteners be cut from the diet to reduce the irritation.
- It is very important to include healthy foods in your diet, and that are high on fiber carbohydrates and helpful in digestive health of your body.
- Herbal remedies can be opted for treatment of urinary tract infection, and the leaves of bearberry are used for this purpose.
- Most importantly, it is very necessary to adopt healthier habits and quit smoking. Women should wear loose clothing and make use of personal hygiene products that are free from any fragrance.
My wife is 30. Shehave pcod problem. Is there a risk of diabetes in future? And what is its treatment.
Diabetes is a complex group of diseases with a variety of causes. People with diabetes have high blood glucose, also called high blood sugar or hyperglycemia.
Diabetes is a disorder of metabolism, the way the body uses digested food for energy. The digestive tract breaks down carbohydrates, sugars and starches found in many foods, into glucose, a form of sugar that enters the bloodstream. Diabetes develops when the body doesn't make enough insulin or is not able to use insulin effectively, or both.
The two main types of diabetes are:
Type 1 Diabetes: Type 1 diabetes typically occurs in children and young adults, though it can appear at any age. In the past, type 1 diabetes was called juvenile diabetes or insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus.
Heredity plays an important part in determining who is likely to develop type 1 diabetes. Genes are passed down from biological parent to child.
Type 2 Diabetes: Type 2 diabetes develops most often in middle-aged and older people who are also overweight or obese. The disease, once rare in youth, is becoming more common in overweight and obese children and adolescents. Type 2 diabetes is caused by a combination of factors, including insulin resistance, a condition in which the body's muscle, fat, and liver cells do not use insulin effectively.
Physical Inactivity, Obesity, and Diabetes: Physical inactivity and obesity are strongly associated with the development of type 2 diabetes. People who are genetically susceptible to type 2 diabetes are more vulnerable when these risk factors are present. About 80 percent of people with type 2 diabetes are overweight or obese.
An imbalance between caloric intake and physical activity can lead to obesity, which causes insulin resistance and is common in people with type 2 diabetes. Central obesity, in which a person has excess abdominal fat, is a major risk factor not only for insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes but also for heart and blood vessel disease, also called cardiovascular disease (CVD). This excess belly fat produces hormones and other substances that can cause harmful, chronic effects in the body such as damage to blood vessels.
So, measuring your waist is a quick way of assessing your diabetes risk. This is a measure of abdominal obesity, which is a particularly high-risk form of obesity. Women have a higher risk of developing type 2 diabetes if their waist measures 80cm (31.5 inches) or more. Asian men with a waist size of 89cm (35 inches) or more have a higher risk, as do white or black men with a waist size of 94cm (37 inches) or more.
Simple Steps to Lower Your Risk: Making a few lifestyle changes can dramatically lower the chances of developing type 2 diabetes. The same changes can also lower the chances of developing heart disease and other life taking cancers.
1. Control Your Weight: Being overweight increases the chances of developing type 2 diabetes seven-fold. Being obese makes you 20 to 40 times more likely to develop diabetes than someone with a healthy weight. Losing weight can help if your weight is above the healthy-weight range. Check your BMI. Losing 7 to 10 percent of your current weight can cut your chances of developing type 2 diabetes in half.
2. Get Moving and Turn Off the Television: Inactivity promotes type 2 diabetes. Working your muscles more often and making them work harder improves their ability to use insulin and absorb glucose. This puts less stress on your insulin-making cells.
3. Tune Up Your Diet: Four dietary changes can have a big impact on the risk of type 2 diabetes-
Choose whole grains and whole grain products over highly processed carbohydrates.
- Skip the sugary drinks, and choose water, coffee, or tea instead.
- Choose good fats instead of bad fats.
- Limit red meat and avoid processed meat; choose nuts, whole grains, poultry, or fish instead.
If you are already suffering from diabetes, then do take a walk everyday and adopt healthy eating habits. Along with that relieve your stress and take proper doses of insulin or medications as prescribed by your doctor.