Find numerous Acupuncturists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Acupuncturists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Acupuncturists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. PandeyYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from fat my fat is going increasing and my height is not increasing. What should I do now ?
Sir I just so thin compare to other with my height. I just eat plenty of foods fat foods but till I cannot increase my weight. Sir give some tips to increase my weight and I had problem I just had fat on belly I want to reduce it too. Kindly provide some tips for it too.
I want to increase my weight give me some suggestions or tips how to increase my weight I'm waiting for your prompt reply.
I want to be quite healthy as I am very thin and weak ,what kind of diet I should take to be healthy and strong also I feel weak some days .I am vegetarians.
Hi all! My period started this past Friday and I have had the weirdest symptoms to date. I kept getting weird tingling sensations in my head, face and back of the head and neck. Then I would feel weird sensations in my legs. I woke up early in the morning with a pain my left knee. Then I started.
Obesity and diabetes usually go hand in hand and both of them have one common solution that is physical exercise. It is a known solution to obesity related problems and after fat loss, many people have stated reduction in health problems caused by it.
However diabetes, whether caused by obesity or not can also be kept in check by regular physical exercise. Let's see how it does so:
1. Keeps body insulin in check: Exercising regularly ensures that insulin levels within your body are kept in check. Insulin is what makes the blood sugar get absorbed into the muscles for energy in the form of glucose. Thus this reduces blood sugar levels within the body and keeps the levels within the body under control for patients who have higher blood sugar counts.
2. Exercising helps reduce depression and stress: Exercising is known to have a very positive effect mentally as endorphins are released after a workout. This makes you feel happier and better about yourself and reduces stress or depression. Both depression and stress are known to have triggered Diabetes related issues in the long run and exercising can definitely help keep them in check.
3. Exercise can actually correct insulin resistance: It is a myth that people who suffer from insulin resistance cant benefit from exercise and it helps regulate resistance. If you start exercising and working out, then the insulin resistance is checked and regulated where in the capacity of the body to absorb blood sugar in the form of glucose actually increases.
4. Reduces chances of heart problems caused by diabetes: Diabetes increases the chance of heart problems and also the blocking of arteries through arteriosclerosis. These blockages could result in a heart attack or other related problems and exercising can help reduce their possibilities as well.
5. Exercising also helps to keep your appetite in check: It is known that proper exercising works as a hunger killer and thus will help control your appetite. This is good in two ways:
a) A controlled appetite will help you lose weight, which may be a contributing factor to your diabetes
b) If you have non obesity related diabetes, then appetite suppression will help you eat better and stop you from eating foods or untimely snacks that may contribute to blood sugar issues.
However, it is prudent to visit your doctor and discuss how you can optimize your exercise routine to get the best results.
Salads are often a meal option when you want to throw in a whole lot of fresh vegetables and nice dressing to go with it, for a comprehensive meal. It's light and fresh and extremely nutritious. That is what most people think.
However, in some cases, your salad may be doing more harm than good to your health:
- Eating fresh, raw vegetables may be good once in a while, but eating too much of raw veggies make it difficult for your digestive tract to break down and digest. You may start suffering from gas, indigestion or bloating.
- Most people eat salads to lose weight, but this works only according to your body type. There are certain body types for whom too many damp foods like salads, actually causes the body to retain the dampness and thus making it harder to lose weight.
- Avoid those so called 'fat free' salad dressings that have become so popular in the market. Such dressings take the fat out of it and try to replace it with something that is artificial and genetically modified. They also have high level of fructose corn syrup that is extremely damaging by adding to your fat and making you resistant to insulin.
- Avoid vegetables that have been grown with fertilizers and pesticides and opt for organic produce instead. Genetically modified (GMO) crops have been known to be the cause of several chronic diseases and conditions.
- A distinction must be made between healthy and unhealthy fats. Processed oils and refined oils that are added to salads can increase LDL cholesterol and make you prone to coronary heart disease.
- Adding too much protein to your salad can be counterproductive and redundant, exposing you to the risk of cancer.
This however, doesn't mean that you should stay away from your favorite salad, but to be aware of what goes into it and how much. Don't always be fooled by its freshness and pockets of flavor.
When it comes to storing foods, we all think that the cooler the temperature it is stored at, longer will be the shelf life. However, what most of us fail to realize is that not all foods need to be stored in a freezer. It can do more harm than good. Read on to know more about foods that just should not be placed in the freezer.
- Potatoes: Given their high water content, storing in a freezer can make them fluffy, bloated and bland, especially if they are put in a freezer after baking. The texture of the potato in the dishes after freezing can also be change.
- Milk: While it is common to stash it away in the fridge, remember not to put it in the freezer. When you thaw it, the milk can separate into pieces (curdling) and not be useful to add in your cereal or for your tea. It is best kept outside in the regular cooling area.
- Eggs: While eggs can be stored in the fridge, there is no need to put the eggs with the shells in the freezer. The water inside can act up and cause the shell to break, leading to attack from bacteria. The eggs could also crack leaving a mess in the freezer. Remove eggs out of the shell, beat up nicely, and store in an airtight container if at all required (learn more about Having Eggs for Breakfast During SUMMERs).
- Milk products: Similar to milk, yoghurt, sour cream and cheese are also best left out of the freezer. The water content will expand and spoil them, leaving behind unhealthy and non-tasty yoghurt or cheese.
- Fried Foods: Be it French fries or mozzarella sticks, leaving them in the freezer can leave them soft and doughy. These are best left out of the freezer in order to retain their crunchy crispiness.
- Water-rich fruits and vegetables: While the fridge helps in keeping the vegetables and fruits fresh, the freezer does not. With water-rich food substances especially cucumber, lettuce and water melon, the water inside can form ice crystals. When removed from the freezer, during thawing, the water oozes out leaving a non-appealing pile of the fruit/vegetable.
- Re-using food items: Be it fruits or vegetables or meat, once thawed to normal temperature, it is best to avoid putting them back in the freezer. Once thawed, they draw a lot more bacteria and germs and are more harmful than the frozen foods. Remove only what is essential for use, thaw it and leave the rest to remain in the freezer.
- Salad greens: Frozen salad greens like spinach and lettuce can lose their crispiness, becoming limp and soft. To retain their freshness, stash them wrapped in a paper bag in the fridge.
Be careful of what you put in the freezer the next time and enjoy a healthy and hearty meal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.