Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Panchal R. K
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Panchal R. KYour feedback matters!
Meningitis is an acute inflammation of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord, known collectively as the meninges. The inflammation may be caused by infection with viruses, bacteria, or other microorganisms, and less commonly by certain drugs. Meningitis can be life-threatening because of the inflammation's proximity to the brain and spinal cord; therefore, the condition is classified as a medical emergency.
Causes Of Meningitis -
Meningitis is typically caused by an infection with microorganisms. Most infections are due to viruses, with bacteria, fungi, and protozoa being the next most common causes. It may also result from various non-infectious causes.
1. Bacterial :
- Haemophilus influenzae
- Escherichia coli
- Neisseria meningitidis
- Streptococcus pneumoniae
2. Viral :
- Herpes simplex virus
- Varicella zoster virus (known for causing chickenpox and shingles)
- Mumps virus
3. Fungal :
- Cryptococcus neoformans
- Coccidioides immitis
- Histoplasma capsulatum
- Blastomyces dermatitidis
- Candida species.
5. Non-infectious :
- Meningitis may occur as the result of several non-infectious causes: spread of cancer to the meninges (malignant or neoplastic meningitis) and certain drugs (mainly non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, antibiotics and intravenous immunoglobulins).
Signs and Symptoms Of Meningitis -
1. Sudden high fever
2. Severe headache
3. Stiff neck
4. Vomiting or nausea with headache
5. Confusion or difficulty concentrating
7. Sleepiness or difficulty waking up
8. Sensitivity to light
9. Lack of interest in drinking and eating
10. Skin rash in some cases, such as in meningococcal meningitis
11. Poor feeding
HOMOEOPATHIC TREATEMENT FOR MENINGITIS-
Belladona,Apis mellifica,Cina maritima,Podophyllum peltatum,Baptisia tinctoria,Zincum metallicum,Helleborus niger,Urtica urens.
Dibetic since18yrs.Taking euglim m1 before lunch and dinner.But since 6mnths my count gone 180fasting and 280 pp.Should I increase one more tab?
I have problem of erectile dysfunction. I am facing it since last year . I am virgin . Wat is the cause ? Can I use horny goat weed ?
I am about 53 yrs old male in sales trade where I have to make regular journey through bus/train/bike. I drink also. Since april 2014 I have develop a back pain (lower part of the back) it started after loose motion. During morning hour when I leave bed it disturb me a lot. I use to take omeprazole medicine to avoid acidity since 2 yrs, at least 20 days a month. I want complite rest from this problem.
I am suffering from headache always during the study and I would let like to ask you that please tell me that what I do?
Sir Kya sex problem Sirf medicine lena tak hi solve hota h ya proper course k Baad life long fayda hota h.
I am a male of 21 years and have a problem with my penis size. I would like to know how to increase the size of my penis without taking any medicines. My penis size is 5.2 cm. Please guide me a healthy way.
I getting some pain in my right testicles, it seem like nerve pulling from stomach bottom to testicles. Is it major problem. Is it gives any problems in future.
I am 58 yes old and diabetic and hypertensive and taking tab amaryl 1 mg and olmetime h 40. Both are under control but I am getting heavily burning and pain in my both foot sole with awkward feeling on both toe please advise.
Diabetes during pregnancy is known as gestational diabetes. It is interesting to note that the chances of getting gestational diabetes, is one of the most common complication of pregnancy. It has increased by almost 40%. Also, gestational diabetes not only affects the health of the mother, but also the health of the baby. What usually happens with gestational diabetes is that the blood sugar level, of both the mother and the baby go above the normal level.
Ayurveda can help treat this disease. Here are the most common Ayurveda remedies for gestational diabetes.
- Gurmaar: Gurmaar, called "The Sugar Killer" is also known as Gymnema sylvestre in medical jargon. Gurmaar also contains gymnemic acid molecules, which are crucial because they have an anti-diabetic effect. They work by combining with glucose molecules, which are in the blood stream. These stop the glucose from entering the bloodstream.
- Karela: Karela is commonly known as bitter gourd and its biological name is Momordica charantia. It has anti-diabetic properties and also contains many other micronutrients, which are crucial in preventing the complications which arise from gestational diabetes.
- Vizaysaar: Vizaysaar comes from the bark of a tree whose biological name is Pterocarpus marsupium. It is very useful for diabetes. If you immerse the wood of Vizaysaar in water overnight and then drink it, your blood sugar levels are expected to fall.
- Saptrangi: Saptrangi is biologically known as Salacia oblonga. Just like Vizaysaar, it is a tree whose bark is immersed in water and then drunk by the patient suffering from diabetes. You will know that the water is ready for drinking when it turns brown, which usually happens overnight. It is also being studied in Western herbal schools in addition to Ayurveda nowadays.
- Tulsi: Tulsi is a holy plant in Hindu mythology and is known as Ocimum sanctum in biological terms. It is worshiped as a holy plant because it has tremendous medicinal properties including treating many types of cancers, cough, cold, sore throat as well as reducing blood sugar.
- Ashwagandha: The medical name for ashwagandha is Withania somnifera. It is another great remedy for diabetes.