Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pallavi ShahYour feedback matters!
Am 25 years old. Had two pregnancy loss. My aptt with lupus sensitive observed value-41.8.Why it happen? Is it normal? Dr. suggest me to put heparin daily after positive pregnancy.
I have just spotted blood on first day of my period and second day I noticed brown colour small small clots, I had very lite abdominal cramps. Last month I spotted just a stain first day but it was normal from second day. But the bleeding was brown or black From past 3 months. Actually I use to have irregular periods but from past 2 years I had regular periods. And cycle will be for 35 days approx.
Hello/Mam. I am 20 years old my height is 5 feet 3 inch and my weight is 44 and I am not married I have left breast fibroadenoma in my left breast from 1 and half year. Is it need surgery? Can not it illuminate without surgery? As well I feel pain in both breast most of the time in everyday ? Is that pain is normal. Okay please suggest me dear Mam.
What is the cause of irregular in menstrual cycle? What precautions should I take. please sugest some good medicine.
There are various ways to tackle many of the allergic disturbances. First, the sources must be identified. This is a difficult one but not impossible task. Second, once the sources are discovered, they should be avoided. Third, and most important, general health and resistance should be built up to establish immunity to them.
There are two methods to detect disturbing foods. The first method is the trial-and-error elimination diet. This automatically eliminates many hazards and foods. Keep to organic, untreated, unprocessed foods as far as possible, and you will eliminate another set of hazards such as pesticides, various sprays, and other poisons.
After having eliminated as many disturbing factors as possible, a self-search should be carried out to ascertain any suspicious symptoms from foods. It is advisable to try an eliminatory diet, excluding suspected foods for two weeks until the cause is detected. Occasionally, by changing the brand or the type, you can a find a food substitute that does not upset you.
Another way to detect the cause of allergy is by Dr. Vishal Dev's 'pulse test'. The methods are as follows: check your pulse before a meal. Then limiting that meal to one food only, wait for half an hour after eating and take your pulse again. A slight increase is considered normal, even up to 16 extra beats. If your pulse does not rise above 84, you may be allergy-free. But if your pulse rises beyond that point, and remains high an hour after the meal, you found your food allergy.
The best way, however , to prevent or overcome allergies is to strengthen the overall physical resistance so as not to fall an easy prey to every allergen that comes along. To start with, the patient should fast on fresh fruit juices for four or five days. Repeated short juices fasts are likely to result in better tolerance to previous allergies. After the fruit juice fast, the patient can take a mono diet of vegetables or fruits such as carrots, grapes or apples, for one week. After that one more food added to the mono diet. A week later the third food added and so on. After four weeks, the protein food can be introduced one at a time. In case an allergic reaction to a newly introduce food is noticed, it should be discontinued and a new food tired . in this way all real allergens can be eventually eliminated from the diet.
The body requires a large alkaline reserve for its daily activity. The many emergencies of an acid formation through the day form wrong foods, fatigue, mental stress and lack of sleep can be met by the competency of the alkaline reserves. boosting the normal body reserve of alkaline by liberal use of alkaline-forming foods is essential for those suffering from allergies.
The foods which should be excluded from the diet are tea, coffee, chocolate, cola drink, alcohol, sugar sweets and foods containing sugar, refined cereals, meats, fish chicken, tobacco, milk, cheese , butter, smoked, salted, pickled foods and foods containing any chemical additives, preservatives and flavoring. These food cause either toxic accumulation or over stimulation of adrenal glands or strain on pancreatic enzyme production or may disturb the blood sugar balance.
For preventive purposes, the entire C complex vitamins known as the bioflavonoid, are recommended. They gradually strengthen cell permeability to help immunize the body from various allergies, especially hay fever. Often the addition B5 or pantothenic acid brings great relief to allergy sufferers. Multiple allergies may result from poor adrenal gland functioning. In such cases, liberal amounts of pantothenic acids help cure them, although the recovery will take several weeks. An adequate intake of vitamin E is also beneficial as this vitamin possesses effective anti-allergic properties, as some studies have shown.
An exciting remedy for allergy has been discovered by Dr. Vishal Dev . He found that the use of five drops of castor oil in a little juice or water taken on any empty stomach in the morning is highly beneficial for allergies in the intestinal tract, skin, and nasal passages. Dr. Dev, who is an expert in Natural medicine, has reported numerous cases of allergic protection by this method.
For allergic conditions in which an element of stress is present, it is essential to employ such methods as relaxation, exercise, meditation and mind control. These methods will reduce or remove stress and thereby contribute towards the treatment of allergies. Yogic asanas like yogamudra, ardhmatsyendrasana, sarvangasana, shavasana and anuloma-viloma, pranayama are also beneficial.
I have a breast lump since I was 19. It cause pain. After delivering my first child it it not causing pain any more. How much possibilities that it would be a cancerous lump?
Modern lifestyle - minimal physical activity, unhealthy food habits and stress - has a negative impact on overall health for all of us. While we may not realize the negative impacts of our so called modern lifestyle in our daily lives, our lifestyle actually affects every function of our body and leads to many disorders and diseases.
Infertility or subfertility among men is one such outcome of unhealthy lifestyle, and is on a rise these days. There are many biological factors which can affect a person's ability to father a child. However, in this piece I will only discuss the five most common and easily correctable lifestyle related factors, which affect the fertility in men. All these behaviors have the potential to adversely affect sperm production and/or maturation in men leading to poor count and/or quality of sperms. However, if addressed in time, these men can still regain their fertility potential and realise their dream of having baby.
1. Body weight: Obesity has a direct correlation with reduced fertility among both men and women. Unhealthy eating habits, minimal physical activity and genetic predisposition are three most important causes of obesity. Its important to understand that while no one can really address the genetic predisposition, it really are the other factors that allow genes to take an effect. So, if one can ensure having a balanced diet and adequate amount of physical activity, he can still keep the body weight under check.
2. Excessive Caffeine intake: Excessive caffeine intake can affect the sperm motility, thereby reducing the speed of sperms and slowing down their journey inside a woman's body to reach the egg for fertilization. All this can be avoided by simply controlling the intake of caffeine. Please note that caffeine is found not just in coffee, but is present is big amounts in all carbonated and energy drinks. So, the trick is to avoid such drinks as much as possible.
3. Smoking: Smoking leads to DNA fragmentation in the sperms, which increases the risk of miscarriage. Smoking also reduces the sperm motility, thereby reducing its potential to fertilize the egg. Smoking in the woman partner further reduced the fertility potential as it damages the DNA in eggs also. I cant overemphasize on the need to immediately and permanently quit smoking in both the partners. One cant wait till the time they plan a pregnancy for quitting smoking - they have to do it now!
4. Alcohol consumption: Its a myth that one can consume alcohol in moderate amounts and still remain healthy. Even so called "moderate" alcohol consumption, generally defined as 30 - 60 ml per day, has a negative impact on fertility. Alcohol impact the sperm production process, thereby leading to reduced sperm count (called as azoospermia) and also affects the sperm maturation process, thus causing quality issues with sperms.
5. Stress: Its no secret that we live in an increasingly complicated world, which gives us not just physical but also serious mental stress. Mental stress and tension create a cycle of negative emotions and affect all the cognitive functions in the human body. Stress doesn't allow proper erection, which is essential for a successful effort at intercourse. One should try and remain as stress free as possible and can also try stress busters such as Yoga and meditation for a healthier lifestyle.
It doesn't require any magic or medications to help boost a man's fertility potential. These are all simple lifestyle measures everyone can manage on their own. All that is required is to allow the human body to work properly and then live a stress free life. Nature then takes its own course!
Hi doctor, i'm 25 years old. Got married before three months. I have a doubt. My last periods date was march 21st. And I had relationship with my husband on last april 3rd and 5th. Today is april 24th. Still periods dint come for me. But my getting pain in my down stomach for past four days. Till now i'm thinking it's a clue for periods coming. And i'm not sure whether i'm conceive or not. Please tell me whether i'm pregnant or not.
Hi I do unprotected sex with my bf today at 1.30 pm approx. Nd today is the last day of my periods. I am in a lot of tension I do not want to get pregnant. What can I do please tell me early.
Frequent yeast infection. It doesn't itch or pain. Just a white discharge. Is there any home remedy to cure it?
Sir, we are trying for a second child past 3 months. Now our doctor prescribed ubiphene 50 for 5 days. But no tests or scanning was done on me before prescribing. I have a very regular cycle of 30 days. Is it safe to take ubiphene for me? I am very scared that it may lead to multiple pregnancies.
As diabetes is metabolic condition in which an individual affected would have rise in blood glucose level either due to insulin production is not sufficient or body's cells do not respond properly to insulin or both.
- frequent urination and increased thirst
- unexplained weight loss
- cuts and wounds takes long time to heal
- scabies and scratchiness on skin feet getting numb or cramps in legs
- lack of exercise and obesity
- unhealthy diet junk food fatty food alcohol tobacco etc,
- lack of proper nutrition expecially proteins and fibres
- stress and anxiety
- gestational diabetes
- weight control
- away from tension and stress
- avoid tobacco and its products
- follow healthy diet with fruits and green vegetables
- restrain from eating sweets
Dear sir my wife periods come on every 1st of the month but this month it does not come, we had checked the pregnancy with using pregnancy kit but their it mention a single line which indicate my wife is not pregnant, so please tell what can I do for getting started her mc which fails to come till today's date.
Dear Sir, I am a 65 year old lady and suffering from osteoporosis and I had undergone Kyphoplasty Surgery where cement was injected into my back bone. I could not get up on my own. I was shouting in pain due to the problem and its slightly more than a year after the surgery and I am able to perform all activities except sitting down on the floor. I am using a chair to sit upon to pass my motion. I am used to sit in the Indian style latrine for motion and now sitting in the stool to pass motion is not making me comfortable to pass motion. I am unable to pass motion without allopathic laxative I am using allopathic laxative for the past 10 months to pass motion. The Laxative that I am using currently is GUDLAX-PLUS (Liquid paraffin, milk of magnesia, sodium picosulphate suspension) manufactured by Mankind pharma ltd. I am also taking pain killers and other allopathic medicines for my osteoporosis issue. I am afraid that the allopathic laxative will be harmful in the long run if I continue taking them. Kindly suggest me a ayurvedic laxative where by I will be able to pass motion sitting on the stool. I also have the issue of acidity, heartburn, gas formation. I am taking medicine for hypertension, high blood pressure. Also I cannot sit down on the floor, can you suggest some method by which I will be able to sit on the floor and get up on my own. Also my knee joint has become kind of stiff due to not folding and sitting for a long time after my surgery. Your suggestion for the same will be appreciated. Awaiting your reply, Regards,
Insulin is a hormone produced by the pancreas. It facilitates the movement of glucose from the blood to
the liver, muscles and fat cells.
The causes for diabetes are:
• Type 1 Diabetes: Body is incapable of producing insulin
• Type 2 Diabetes: Body becomes resistant to insulin
• Hormonal changes during pregnancy can also result in temporary diabetes
Natural home remedy using bitter gourds:
1. Remove the skin and seeds of 4-5 bitter gourds
2. Crush them to a make a paste
3. Press this paste on a sieve an extract the juice
4. Drink this juice on an empty stomach every morning
Natural home remedy using cinnamon powder:
1. Boil 1 L of water
2. Let it simmer for 20 min on low flame
3. While simmering, add 3 tsp of cinnamon powder
4. Strain the mixture
5. Drink entire amount of this water everyday
Natural home remedy using fenugreek seeds:
1. Take 4 tbsp of fenugreek seeds
2. Soak them in 250 ml water overnight
3. Crush them in the morning
4. Strain the mixture and collect the water
5. Drink it everyday for 2 months
• Eat 8-10 black berries daily
• Lower the consumption of sugar in your diet. Avoid sugary foods like sweets and cakes