Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pallavi Shah
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pallavi ShahYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex 20 day ago and and she took an I-pill after that. After 5 days she got her periods and now she is getting white sticky water coming out of her vagina. Does it means she is pregnant? Kindly suggest.
Sir my wife pregnant. She was going through is 4 month. Is it safe to do sex with her and how much long time I can do sex with her.
Can periods occur immediately after withdrawal bleeding (i had unwanted 72. I'm having bleeding since 9 January and today its 11 th day.in starting days it was spotting bt now m feeling like my periods has started.
Hi doctor, hope your doing good. My friend is confused and little bit scared about his unexpected intercourse with his friend (girl).They did not have actual long intercourse to be mentioned. But his male organ was completely inserted in to female organ. And was inside for less than 40 secs. Later he removed it. And ejacuated early due to excitement outside not into female organ. His question will it cause the girl to get pregnent.
Hi sir I am 37 years older, actually my wife some time suffer with white problem, when that time we are start sex I am suffered with red bubbles and white layer with itch and flame, but lost 15 days I am suffered continuously very highly, please give me solution.
Pruritus Vulvae is the most common cause of vulvar soreness and abnormal discharge in adolescent girls. The growing years are a transition phase where most body parts are undergoing changes to reach the adult stage. While some changes would be obvious externally, there are a lot of internal changes, which would not be very apparent. And for growing girls, especially the changes that they see in their private parts are worrisome, sometimes unpleasant and uncomfortable. About 50% of them would not even discuss these with someone to avoid embarrassment.
Some amount of vaginal discharge is normal and contains bacteria, which are essential for a normal genital health. It also provides lubrication and keeps the area clean. However, the amount, color, and type of discharge can vary and is a good indication of any underlying abnormal condition. Most genital tract issues manifest with a change in the vaginal discharge along with irritation or soreness.
In adolescent girls, the most common problem is pruritus vulvae, which is itching of the vulva region. It is a variant of contact dermatitis caused by irritation. In the growing years, the vulva is thin and delicate with a neutral pH. This makes it easily irritable, unlike in mature women, who also have the protection of pubic hair, thick skin, and labial fat pads. This irritation leads to the condition called pruritus vulvae.
Causes of soreness:
These are primarily non-infectious and infectious (genital).
- Poor hygiene leading to irritation, soreness and itching
- Contamination with urine or feces
- Mechanical irritation from itching, use of toilet paper, ill-fitting undergarments.
- Chemical irritation from soaps, detergents, shampoo, chlorinated water, etc.
- Foreign body such as toilet paper leading to vaginal discharge can cause vulval irritation
- Skin diseases like atopic dermatitis, seborrheic dermatitis, or psoriasis presents with vulvar symptoms too in the form of soreness and itching
- Sexually transmitted infections like trichomoniasis, gonorrhea and chlamydia.
- Viral infections like genital herpes and genital warts.
- Fungal infections such as Candida such as and tinea are rarely the cause of pruritus vulvae in prepubertal females.
- Worms like pinworms which move from the anus to the vagina, causing itching
- Bacteria like Shigella, Yersinia and E. coli can also lead to non-sexually transmitted infections and subsequent symptoms like soreness and discharge.
- Awareness is the first step in prevention. The girl must be educated about the changes her body is going through and the reasons behind it.
- Hygiene habits, especially after urination or passing feces, should be enforced.
- Avoid undergarments that are tight fitting and can be irritating
- Avoid soaps/chemicals when cleaning the genital area
- Topical creams (emollients/hydrocortisone) are usually effective
- Infections would need a course of antibiotics
When the girl is complaining of soreness and itching, it is best to visit a doctor to get a thorough examination and manage accordingly. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi. After 4th month of my first delivery for the first time I suffered from sever lower abdominal pain and body pain during periods. Can you suggest any pain killer for it.
Also known as Posterior Prolapse, Rectocele involves weakening of the walls between vagina and rectum, thereby, causing the rectal wall to swell and protrude into the space of the vagina. This bulging is a common, but temporary problem that arises after childbirth. In severe cases, the swollen tissues may extend out of the vaginal opening and usually cause more discomfort than pain.
What are the most common causes for Rectocele?
- An upright posture places a lot of weight on the pelvic region, which is probably the most important cause for Rectocele or Posterior Prolapse.
- Constipation is also a very valid reason for Rectocele because it causes straining of the connective tissues that separate the vagina and the rectum.
- Constant heavy lifting and indiscriminate increase of body weight may also put a lot of pressure on the pelvic region that could ultimately lead to weakening of rectal and vaginal tissues.
- Weakening of vaginal passageway due to pregnancy and childbirth is also a common reason for Rectocele development.
- Chances of developing Posterior Prolapse increases with age.
Physiological problems posed due to Rectocele
- Passage of bowel becomes difficult and may sometimes require pressure on the vaginal bulge.
- The protrusion of tissue takes place from your vaginal opening, when you strain while passing bowel. This usually happens in people with constipation.
- This disorder may also induce a sensation that the bowel tract has not been fully emptied even after passing stool.
- Such vaginal bulging also causes difficulties and embarrassing concerns during sexual intercourse.
Medical recommendations and preventive measures to tackle Rectocele
- Home made remedies and exercise are usually effective. Performing exercises help re tighten the pelvic muscles and tissues, thus reversing the effects of Rectocele. Vaginal pessaries or rubber rings, inserted into the vagina, can also support loose tissues and keep them in place.
- Surgical procedures are hardly needed in most cases of Rectocele. But if the issue is chronic, you may opt for removing the protruding tissues by surgery or strengthen the boundary between vagina and rectum by a mesh patch. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.