Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pallavi Naik
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pallavi NaikYour feedback matters!
Please tell me how to promote hair growth? My hair growth is too slow &if they grow then there is split end problem.
My name is vinay Kumar gupta. I am 25 years old. I want to know the symptoms of hair fall. I care my hair properly but no found positive result.
I have make tattoo of one word" P"on my chest please help me to remove it permanently. I am applying for government jobs. That was my fault please help me to remove it.
Drug related pigmentation errors are usually characterized by a topographic distribution and can lead to prominent discoloration in areas that are especially affected by the sun. It is a rather common phenomenon and accounts for a startling 10-20% of the total cases of hyperpigmentation that are acquired. The condition might be induced by drugs of varied nature, ranging from non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications or NSAIDs and antipsychotic drugs to phenytoin and anti-malarials.
What can lead to it?
A number of causes tend to contribute to this factor by speeding up the process of pigmentation that isn’t natural or expected in any manner whatsoever:
- Certain drugs happen to react with the melanin of your system to form what is observed to be a drug-pigment complex. Exposure to too much sunlight has a way of stimulating sun-induced synthesis of melanin for the formation of such complexes.
- Quite a number of heavy metals are seen to deposit in the dermal region following significant damage to the patient’s dermal vessels. A visible change in the complexion will then be observed without there being any increment in the melanin component.
- Hypermelanosis might be induced by certain other drugs in the form of changes that are non-specific post-inflammatory in essentially predisposed individuals.
- Some drugs tend to induce or trigger pigmentation directly by the accumulation of or reaction with certain specific substance of the patient’s skin.
Despite the fact that the condition of drug-induced pigmentation of the skin is mostly benign, it might prove to be an otherwise disfiguring factor when perceived cosmetically. In most cases, one may observe that once the affecting drug has been terminated from regular dosages, fading of most lesions will occur. However, in most cases, the pigmentation tends to last for a longer span of time and ultimately becomes permanent. Since most drugs and medications that cause skin pigmentation also happen to be the cause of photosensitivity reactions, patients are recommended to make proper use of sun protection. You may also opt for laser treatments that have been developed in recent years to correct the problem of pigmentation.
1. A wig gives a constant feeling of weight and discomfort in hot days.
2. Sweat cannot be cleaned properly and bad hygiene can lead to skin problems.
3. The wig’s fixing methods like weaving, bonding, pinning etc. can exert a pull on
the natural remaining hair, add to further hair loss and can even lead to scarring.
4. Wigs give a same look at all times which looks unnatural and feels artificial. You
have a “fixed hair style” all hours of use.
5. Wigs are highly detectable and become a butt of jokes and teasing by friends,
colleagues and media.
6. A Wig’s cost varies from Rs 2000 to Rs 3,00,000/- depending upon quality
7. These wigs need a regular maintenance every few weeks for the rest of your life.
Attachments may become loose. One might experience a constant state of low-
level “paranoia” and anxiety about it’s public discovery.
8. Long-term financial investment due to regular maintenance may exceed cost of a
hair transplant. The life time maintenance, a few monthly replacements, and
frequent visits to the wig maker becomes quite expensive.
9. You need to change the wig every few months.
10. Wigs are not “made” or sold by qualified surgeons practicing ‘Hair Transplants’.