Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pallavi Jain
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pallavi JainYour feedback matters!
My mom has burning sensation in her palms and feet, since last 2-3 weeks, she has been taking paracetamol as per doctor's advice, i've researched on the internet and doctors say its a case of nerve damage, can any doctor explain me in clear what exactly this could be, and what are the tests we can perform to analyze this problem.
I had my periods on 20 Sep 2016. On 25 Sep, 2016, I had protected sex. After that, I did not get intimate with my partner until we had sex again on 23 Oct. My periods were already delayed by three days then. And now it's 13 Nov and I still see no signs of periods. I took a home pregnancy test on 10 Nov but it came negative. Should I be worried? Why are periods delayed?
Delivering a baby is a painful, but also a pleasurable moment for the mother. But if the delivery is done through a C-section surgery or what is more commonly termed as Caesarean delivery, the pain is not felt during the actual delivery since the woman in under anaesthesia. However, the real challenge is to recover from the operation. The first week is particularly critical. Here are some things you can do to manage it with less discomfort:
- The first few hours, naturally, you will be under close observation till you fully regain conscience if it was a general anaesthesia. If only the lower portion was numbed for the surgery, then also the feelings in the legs etc. will return within a few hours.
- You will start breastfeeding you baby; wear comfortable clothes so that you can feed the baby without any discomfort. If this is the first experience, learn things that you need to know through books or from friends and relatives who would have had a C-section earlier.
- You may feel more comfortable in a recliner than a flat bed. Most hospitals should be able to provide you one.
- You might be better off with a heater pad of your own, since your back may be aching considerably and bringing down the pain is essential.
- Wearing a binder around your tummy is another suggestion given by many women who have had a C-section delivery; besides helping with easing the pain, it also prevents the tummy from bulging, which you would want to avoid.
- Follow the obstetrician’s advice on having a shower and also on resuming some of your physical activities without hurting the stitches or the sutures.
- By Day 3, you should be able to resume eating your normal diet; in many cases, it could be earlier than that.
- Do take care to avoid lifting anything heavy. The heaviest object you can lift is your baby. Make your husband or any other person to help you through this period to avoid any complications later.
- How about medicines? If you are already on any kind of medication and if you had stopped any of them due to the surgical procedure, check with the doctor and resume taking the medicines.
- Keep a close watch on the food you eat, particularly since you will also be nursing your baby. Don’t hesitate to consult the doctor on things you may be fond of, but have to avoid in order to protect the kid from being affected in any way.
Pregnancy and delivery are some of the happiest moments in any mother’s life; so remain cheerful throughout and enjoy the moments. If the delivery has been done through C-section, some of these extra precautions are to be observed to make it easy for yourself to recover fast. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am 20 years old. My periods are late 6 days and I am having white stretchy discharge. I am worried.
18 year old female 21 day birth control pills taken before having sex right? And please recommend a effectively working emergency pill.
The clothes we wear are often dictated by fashion and with our desire to conform with the latest cultural trends around the world. However, from a health perspective, the most important consideration of how you dress should be based primarily on local weather conditions. So it is perfectly ok to pull out your parkas, mittens, scarfs, stockings and jeans if you are located in a chilly and snowy location. In hot and humid India, it makes much more sense to wear light, breezy, thin clothes like dhotis, salwars, skirts, shorts or lungis. You can land up with painful and dangerous medical conditions with clothes unsuitable to your climate. Here's how your clothing could be harming you:
- Increased heat rashes or miliaria. Your vest could be the culprit!: A very common skin condition seen in hot and humid weather conditions is called “miliaria” and is caused by blocked sweat ducts. Thick, tight clothes hamper normal evaporation of sweat into the atmosphere and cause this kind of irritable heat rash. Simple physics dictates that any extra or double layer of cloth, like a vest, would further hamper evaporation and aggravate these rashes. While vests may save your overlying shirt from getting damp, they are certainly bad news for your underlying skin which has to carry the unevaporated sweat on its surface.
- Increased chances of fungal and bacterial infections. Ditch the Denim!: The hot and humid environment within slim-fitting, thick clothes creates ideal conditions for fungi and bacteria to proliferate. Itchy, red rashes like ringworm appear in the groins, underarms and other parts of the skin. Painful boils and itchy, pus-filled folliculitis are common and often require surgery. This kind of dangerous environment is easily created within the skin-hugging denims you see so many people wearing all around you.
- Bacterial and fungal resistance to antimicrobials: Your dermatologist will treat your infections with appropriate antibiotics or antifungals. Unfortunately, in this era of global warming, many patients fail to respond and are tortured by recurrent, severe infections in spite of adequate dosing of medicines. One major reason is clothing and fashion which does not match the environment, creating ideal conditions for resistant, harmful bugs to multiply. You should choose lighter, airier, non-synthetic clothes that let your skin ‘breathe’ and does not allow sweat, dirt and deadly bugs to stick to your skin.
- Increased chances of urinary and genital infections: Tight, synthetic undergarments are thought to increase chances of genital and urinary infections. Tight and ill-fitting underwear can also cause discomfort, soreness and chafing by repeated friction.
- Body Odor: Body odor can be embarrassing and is aggravated by full-sleeved shirts, long undergarments, tight leggings, stockings and skinny jeans.
- Allergic dermatitis: Many individuals develop allergic rashes with certain common items like jewellery, footwear, earrings, cloth dyes, wristwatches and metallic buttons. A combination of heat, sweat and dissolved allergens precipitates these rashes in predisposed individuals.
- Environmental damage! Use minimum clothes: You definitely need to cover your skin, but are you cluttering your wardrobe with clothes that you keep on purchasing and hardly ever use? The apparel industry exploits huge amounts of natural resources like water, plant products, petroleum products, chemicals and electricity. You yourself require quite a bit of water, laundry detergents, and electricity just to maintain your clothes. Is it worth the environmental cost to purchase and maintain clothes that you will hardly ever use?
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I'm 22 year old female I have pregnancy problem and I consulted doctor, they told Harmon imbalance so what precaution is better please suggest me.
Hi meri wife kaa period 3 ko aaya hai to pregnancy hone ke liye mujhe kab kab aur kitne din sex karna hoga please sir help me because kafi time se pregnancy nhi ho pata rahi hai wife ke beech mai Miscarriage bhi ho gaya tha unka to please sir mujhe batao kis date mai kab kab sex karna hoga please sir help me.
We had unprotected sex and then she took unwanted 72 tablet with in 1 hr, is there any chances of pregnancy?
I'm a 24 years old girl. My mensuration not come yet. It already late 20 days. I test three time pregnancy usking kit. But result is negative. What should I do. Why my mensuration not come yet. Please help me.
सर्दियों के मौसम में में खांसी व मोटापे से बचने के लिए निम्न लिखित पदार्थों को अपनी डाइट में शामिल करें;-
ये आपको प्रोटीन, विटामिन्स, मिनरल्स के साथ साथ रेशा भी देते हैं तथा इनको खाने से अधिक समय तक पेट भरे रहने का एहसास भी होता है। ये मेटाबोलिज्म को तेज़ करके शरीर को गरम रखते हैं एवं मोटापा कम करते हैं ।
2. अदरक, लहसुन, दालचीनी, हल्दी व लौंग:-
अदरक व अजवाइन के साथ उबला हुआ पानी पीने से न सिर्फ जुकाम खांसी में लाभ मिलता है बल्कि इनके औषधीय गुणों के कारण शरीर में सूजन भी कम होती है एवं मोटापे को कम करने में भी मदत मिलती है।कुछ शोध के अनुसार अदरक में उन एन्जाइम्स को बढ़ाने का गुण है जो जो लिवर को खून साफ़ करने में सहायता करते हैं और यही गुण अदरक को एक गुणकारक घरेलु औषधि बनाते हैं जो रोग प्रतिरोधक शमता बढ़ाती है । यूँ तो कच्ची अदरक ज़्यादा गुणकारी होती है पर इसके तीव्र स्वाद की वजह से इसे सौंठ के रूप में या भोजन और चाय में डालकर भी लिया जा सकता है।
3.बादाम,अखरोट, और अलसी के बीज:-
प्रातः काल में लेने से शरीर को एसेंशियल फैटी एसिड्स (अच्छी वसा) तथा मैग्नीशियम एवं विटामिन E मिलता है जो स्वस्थ्य के लिए कई तरह से लाभदायक हैं ।
4. गर्म पेय :-
टमाटर, मकई या सब्जी का गर्म सूप, अदरक की चाय, कहवा ,इत्यादि न सिर्फ मेटाबोलिज्म को बूस्ट करते हैं बल्कि विटामिन व एंटीऑक्सीडेंट्स का भी खजाना हैं ।
ये एक शक्तिशाली एंटीऑक्सिडेंट है और इसे में मजबूत एंटीवायरल और जीवाणुरोधी गुण हैं। हरी चाय के एक दिन में लगभग दो से तीन कप पीने से प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली मजबूत रहती है। हरी चाय में उपस्थित एंटीऑक्सीडेंट सर्दियों के दौरान ठंड और फ्लू के खिलाफ लड़ने में मदद करते हैं।
इसमे उपस्थित बीटा कैरोटीन (विटामिन A का प्रिकर्सर्) की वजह से ये ठण्ड में शरीर की रोग प्रतिरोधक क्षमता को बढाकर इन्फेक्शंस और फ्लू से बचाती है।इतना ही नहीं इसमें उपस्थित रेशा इसे एक बेहतरीन सलाद बनाता है जो वजन कम करने में भी सहायक है ।
7.मुशरूम्स को भी इम्युनिटी बूस्टर्स के रूप में जाना जाता है। ये बहुत ही पौष्टिक एवं प्रोटीन युक्त होते हैं।
8.मोसम्बी, नारंगी,अमरुद जैसे फल:-
ये फल प्रकृति ने ठण्ड में इसी लिए प्रदान किये हैं ताकि इनमे उपस्थित विटामिन Cशरीर को इम्युनिटी प्रदान कर सके और शरीर को सर्दी जुकाम से बचा सके ।
नोट :- कुछ लोगों को उपरोक्त फलों से एलर्जी भी हो सकती है अतः वे इन फलों का प्रयोग चिकित्सक एवं आहार विशेषज्ञ के परामर्श से ही करें।
9.दही एक महत्वपूर्ण प्रोबायोटिक है जो आमाशय के डाइजेशन की शक्ति को सुधारती है साथ ही प्रोटीन से भरपूर दही स्वस्थ्य वर्धक है .
नोट:- अस्थमा के कुछ मरीज़ों मेंठण्ड के मौसम में दही लेने से नुक्सान होने के लक्षण सामने आते हैं अतः वे दही का प्रयोग चिकित्सक एवं आहार विशेषज्ञ के परामर्श से ही करें ।
10.शहद पर हुए अनेक शोधों से पता चलता है क़ि एंटी ऑक्सीडेंट्स व एन्जाइम्स से भरपूर यह गुणकारी रस अगर उचित मात्रा में (१ चम्मच ) कुनकुने पानी के साथ लिया जाये तो मोटापे को कम करता है साथ में ठण्ड व ज़ुकाम से भी बचाता है ।
उपरोक्त खाद्य पदार्थों को अपनी डाइट में शामिल करें और ठण्ड का भरपूर मज़ा लें।
I am 24 years old and I have a small doubt i. E I involved in sex with my girlfriend on 25 of this month with condoms and her periods date is january 14. Is there any chance of pregnancy and suggest safety days to have sex without protection.
For 30+ F on second pregnancy, is it ok to continue breastfeed to 1.5 years old kid ? She is currently on folic acid along with iron & calcium supplements. What if sugar medicine gets started in next couple of months ? Is it safe to feed then ?
Hi I had unprotected sex on 15th and 16th February. My periods are due on 23rd February. Can I get pregnant.
In home pregnancy test it came positive. I have thyroid problem since 15 yrs. Present TSH value is 4.5 and HB% 11.5.using 100 mg thyronorm daily. And folic acid folvite 5 mg from past 5 months. How much thyroid dose should I take now. Is this dose sufficient? My last LMP was sep 26. How many days pregnant am i.
Are you planning a romantic dinner or lunch to celebrate a special occasion? Then don’t forget to incorporate some of the foods listed below for a perfect unforgettable evening. These foods are the ones that have made it to the list of top romantic foods.
- Chocolate: You can’t go wrong with chocolate and it would definitely be on the top of the list for top romantic foods. Chocolate contains a chemical known as phenylethylamine or PEA which is similar to and produces the same effects of amphetamine. Amphetamine is a chemical that is released in the brain, it produces the joyous or euphoric feeling. Chocolate is also a known aphrodisiac. Eaten as it is or as a fondue or used to cover strawberries, chocolate is perfect.
- Seafood: Seafood is simple and easy to cook and delicious to eat. Oysters are another known aphrodisiac, they are considered to be the symbol of passion.Oysters are rich in zinc and are considered to be great for boosting fertility. They also contain a high amount of amino acids that help in the production of sex hormones. Oysters are usually eaten raw straight from the shell with a dash of lemon juice. Remember these slippery mollusk is not to everyone’s liking or taste.
- Strawberries: Probably one of the oldest and most easily recognizable romantic food item is the small red strawberry. This healthy fruit is rich in vitamin C and helps to keep the blood flowing to all parts of the body. Delicious on its own or dipped in chocolate or whipped cream or part of a sumptuous dessert the strawberry is the perfect way to end a romantic meal.
- Bananas: Bananas contain the enzyme bromelain which helps to trigger and boost the levels of testosterone in men. The potassium and vitamin B present in this nutrient-dense fruit helps to boost energy levels. Potassium also helps in building muscle strength. This tasty fruit can be eaten as it is or added to a smoothie to keep you going.
- Chili Peppers: Surprising right, who would have thought that chili peppers would make it to the list of romantic foods. The vibrant red colour and the exotic connotations of this spice makes it a symbol of passion and love. Considered to be an aphrodisiac, chili peppers stimulate the feel-good chemicals in the brain known as endorphins. Chili peppers are sure to stimulate your nerves and get your heart rate speeding.
Plan your menu or look for recipes that are simple and easy to follow using the. Setting the mood is the first step for a memorable evening.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!