Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pallavi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PallaviYour feedback matters!
Can you plan after a month of abortion before your first period? Which medicine do I take to prevent cleft lip and cleft palate defect?
Hi, I'm 26 year old female. I got my laparoscopic surgery 3 months back for having endometriosis and PCOD disease. After surgery doctor adviced me to take zoladex 3.6 mg depot injection. After how many months can I try for a baby?
I was on novelon 21 day pill pack from june missed second last pill of the pack doubled up last day. Took a break of 6 days on which I had my menses. Started new pack on 8th july had protected intercourse for the first time on 9th july. Bt the same condom has been used thrice. Then I had very protected intercourse on 14th then missed the pill for the first time in july on 21st july but doubled on 22nd july. I had a light bleeding on 22nd july morning. My pill pack ended on 28th july and my period started on 1 continued upto 6th aug. Hpt with first morning urine on 4,5,6,7,8 weeks all negative. My period date was 1st aug as it did not occur till 9th. I did a serum beta hcg test comes out to be negative hcg level was 0.11.last intercourse was on 14th july no intercourse after that. Usg report shows bulky uterus with normal myometrial echo texture, cervix normal no collection at POD, no SOL seen. No collection at endometrial cavity. Ovaries bulky with tiny follicles arranged peripherally. Doctor prescribed deviry 2 tabs for 5 days. After taking 2 doses I had my periods yesterday. And bleeding is heavy and red with thin structure. Will I continue with the pills further? Not feeling well in the pills feeling nauseated. What causes this bleeding. Is it normal period or breakthrough bleeding? Can I be pregnant. Even if I did not have any intercourse after 14th july and have my withdrawal bleed on 1st aug. Not taking pills since aug. Can I be pregnant? Can serum beta be wrong? Why the bleed is heavy after taking 2 doses of deviry.
We have been trying to conceive for 1 year. Every cycle I have sore breast right after ovulation till my periods. This month my sore breast disappeared 6 days after ovulation with a sudden temperature dip and a sudden temperature hike in my charts. Is there any chance of a positive pregnancy test?
I had sex just before my ovulation, and expected periods came 1 month late. These periods have started since 1 month and not stopping, having started heavy bleeding now. I have very irregular periods and PCOS from 4-6 years. I had ultrasound 10 days before which showed everything normal with endometrial thickness 5mm and polycystic ovaries. Am I pregnant? Or is it hormonal imbalance? I am 22 years old n weight 33 kgs. I had pause mf for 8 days 16 tablets but no effect. What are the chances of pregnancy?
1. Get the right cholesterol tests:
Check NMR particle sizes for cholesterol by asking your doctor for this test at Labcorp or LipoScience. You want to know if you have safe light and fluffy cholesterol particles, or small dense, artery damaging cholesterol particles. A regular cholesterol test won't tell you this.
2. Check for Metabolic Syndrome:
• Do you have a fat belly? Measure you waist at the belly button and your hips at the widest point -- if your waist/hip is greater than 0.8 if you are a woman or 0.9 if you are man, then you have a problem
• If you have small LDL and HDL particles, you have metabolic syndrome.
• If your triglycerides are greater than 100 and your HDL is less than 50, or the ratio of triglycerides to HDL is greater than four, then you have metabolic syndrome.
• Do a glucose insulin challenge test.
3. Eat a Healthy Diet. Eat a diet with a low glycemic load, high in fiber, and phytonutrient and omega-3 rich. It should be plant based, and you should consume plenty of good quality protein such as beans, nuts, seeds, and lean animal protein (ideally organic or grass fed).
5. Get Good Quality Sleep. Sleep is essential for healing your body, maintaining balanced blood sugar, and your overall health.
6. Use Supplements to Support Healthy Cholesterol Particle Size. These include:
• A multivitamin including at least 500 mcg of chromium, 2 mg of biotin and 400 mg of lipoic acid. For most you will take three capsules twice a day.
• 1000 mg of omega-3 fats (EPA/DHA) twice a day.
• 2000 IU of vitamin D3 a day at maximum. (Some people recommend less -- consult your doctor.)
• 1200 mg of red rice yeast twice a day.
• 2-4 capsules of glucomannan 15 minutes before meals with a glass of water.
• Broad-range, balanced concentration of plant sterols. You will usually take one capsule with each meal.
7. Consider Using High Dose Niacin or Vitamin B3. This can only be done with a doctor's prescription. It is useful to help raise HDL cholesterol, lower LDL cholesterol and triglycerides, and increase particle size.
8. Use Low-Dose Statins ONLY If You Have Had Heart Disease or are a male with multiple risk factors, while carefully monitoring for muscle and liver damage.
My age is 30 ,we are going for IVF/ICSI ,I had a test on TB and got to know about inactive TB, how will it affect the IVF/ICSI treatment.
Actually mere vegina ke aandar bahut jalan hoti hai any time Mujhe aisa lagta hai ki pani kaam peene ke wajah se aisa ho raha hai aur usse toilet bhi aache se nahi ho raha hai thoda thoda ho raha hai ajeeb se jalan ke sath To kya ye pani ki kaami se ho raha hai ya koi aur wajah ho sakti hai.
Don't skip breakfast.
Studies show that eating a proper breakfast is one of the most positive things you can do if you are trying to lose weight. Breakfast skippers tend to gain weight. A balanced breakfast includes fresh fruit or fruit juice, a high-fibre breakfast cereal, low-fat milk or yoghurt, whole wheat toast, and a boiled egg.