Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PallaviYour feedback matters!
I am a working as a teacher. I was 65 KGS before marriage. I was 70 after first delivery. N 75 after second delivery. I do yoga at less thrice a week. I take only tiffins like chapathi n doses in night. Still I am not able to reduce weight. I feel that my appetite is also much. If I try to diet. I feel stressed n tired. What s the problem is while cooking in a hurry berry for family. I'm not able to avoid rice.. I want to reduce at least 5 KGS (tummy.) Pls help.
But when I test by card it came as positive but next day my period came my husband is not here also he went abroad.
Hi, I have a severe chocolate cyst in both ovaries and get operated 3 yrs ago. But still it pains a lot and having problem in conception. Doctors advised me for ivf. Is there any more option for natural conception ?
Quick and easy ways to prevent cut fruit from turning brown
We all like to eat fresh fruits, isn’t it? Brown fruits are so not appealing! Though it might not taste any different but we do eat with our eyes. Here we have listed few tricks and hacks that you can use the next time you are packing a bowl of colourful fruits for yourself.
1. Cut the fruits in water
- Cut the fruits in running water, this process helps to stop the oxidization.
- Use citrus juice
- Apart from lemon juice you can also use pineapple and orange juice, this process slow downs the enzymatic reaction. The only thing you might not like the little bit of tangy taste in the fruits.
2. Soak cut fruit in ginger ale
- Well any soda with citric acid will work to save fruits from getting brown.
- Soak the slices in salt water
- Take a bowl of water and add ½ teaspoon of salt in and soak your apples, pears and other fruits for about 2 minutes.
3. Sprinkle with ascorbic acid powder
If you are wondering what ascorbic acid is, it's vitamin c powder that you can get any food store. It gets easily dissolved in water and you soak your fruits in water to save them from getting brown.
4. Give them a honey water bath
Honey mixed in water is so far the best method to save your fruits from getting brown. The trick is simple, you just need to soak your fruits for almost 30 seconds in a mixture of 2 tablespoon of honey and 1 cup of water. Your fruit will stay fresh and bright for at least 8 hours.
When it comes to the brain and the IQ, is bigger the better? Does size really matter? Is there really a connection between the size of your brain and intelligence? With the help of findings by neurologists
and scientists, we seek to find out!
- Ailments and the Brain: Scientists have found that children with autism have a brain that has grown in a disproportionate manner in the very first year of their life. This prevents the child from making connections with normal behaviour. On the other hand, children and adolescents who suffer from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD have shown signs of having a much smaller brain size. Many scientists have shown that the size of the brain shrinks as we age, and this does not have any visible effect on our cognitive abilities.
- It's all Relative: The size of the brain does not really have a bearing on the way a person's cognition gets shaped. Even large mammals like elephants and whales are finally hunted and tamed by humans who have smaller brains in comparison. The brain is made up of billions of neurons which need to function properly. It may be seen that scientists consider the brain mass in relation with the rest of the body so as to speculate about the cognitive abilities of the person. Why is this required? Large animals need a well functioning and proportionate brain size to control and run their organs with proper cognition for satisfactory results, which is what we humans seem to have done.
- Neanderthal Brains: Historically, the earliest man or the Neanderthals are said to have had larger brains than we do. These people are believed to have brains that are at least 10% larger than the brains that we have in our modern times. The shape of their brain was different too. They were also heavily muscled people which had a bearing on the size and shape of the brain and bodies as well as the lean tissue within the brain. They also survived very successfully for a period of over 200,000 years, which obviously points to some form of elevated cognition, as per many scientists.
- Animals: While animals with small brains like lizards and reptiles do not perform too well on IQ tests, the animals with bigger brains like elephants and dolphins perform much better. But the medium sized brains of monkeys, lemurs and other animals are said to perform in the best manner. The correlation between the body size and the brain does not seem to hold good here, as per various researches.
So the verdict as per medical science and research stands divided!
Here are 7 things to adopt for your bed time-
1) Plan for next day: Preparing in advance always gives you more time and leaves you stress free. Things like looking for keys, deciding what to wear etc make you late and add to your morning stress. Prepare also for breakfast or what to cook the next day. Planning at night doesnt take much time and makes your next day start on a good note.
2) Shut out the buzz: Most of us say goodnight to family and head to bed only to spend the next hour checking Facebook and social media. Or you end up watching a funny video or movie late into the night. If you keep yourself distracted, you can't go off to sleep early or get quality sleep. The light from your gadget's screen can be harmful and stress inducing. It is best to give yourself an hour away from your mobile phone or other gadgets before you sleep.
3) Write a 'Thank-You' Diary: There are many ways to become a more positive person and the best is to have appreciation. Try finding out that 1 thing (more is better) that you are thankful for. Do it everyday. This practice right ahead of your sleep time calms you down, makes you feel happy, satisfied and goes on a long way in contributing to a heathy lifestyle.
4) Stretch it out: Like most people do you also have a job where you keep sitting for long hours? Stretching really works, it helps lengthen tendons and muscles and can reduce the frequency and severity of cramps ensuring you get a better night's sleep.
5) Try meditating: Our work life has become ever so demanding, we are constantly bombarded with information via the television, social media, the internet, friends and work which results in stress and anxiety! Few minutes of meditation before bed, slows down your brain activity which results in a deeper and more peaceful sleep. You will wake up feeling well-rested, energized and ready to take on the day!
6) Book by your side: Reading before bed is has amazing benefits. Firstly, it calms the nerves by eliminating excess sound and vision stimulus (exactly the opposite of what you get from watching television!). It helps you to wind down and sleep better, it also improves brain function, your memory and the thinking process overall.
7) Sleep is crucial: Foremost is to simply make sleep a priority. It is not as simple as it sounds. Sleep deficiency directly relates to increased stress, weight gain and productivity loss. Going to bed late and managing with 5 or 6 hours sleep sets a bad tone for your day.
Your happiness and general wellbeing is controlled by how relaxing you make your bed time.
Click on Consult Privately to ask me a private question on this topic or a related one.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.