Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Ceramic Crowns And Bridges Fixing Procedure
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Conservative Dentistry Treatment
Dental Implant Fixing Procedure
Acrylic Partial Denture Procedure
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Submit a review for Dr. Pallavi DhoteYour feedback matters!
I am a 45 year old female and have noticed large gaps between by teeth and gum reduction. What is the simplest and non painful method to rectify the same?
My front upper 2 teeth are bigger than others and one tooth broken at lower edge corner its not good looking am 23 years old. plz suggest me to smile GOOD
I have got red red hole spots in my mouths upper part. What is it can you please tell me whats this and how to get it ?
My teeth give a bad smell to others and also dirty from inside. What should I do. Even I brush daily.
I am 64 year old I want to do implant of my full set of teeth. Can any one suggest good doctor who can do it and off course in low cost.
Respected doctor. There are too many brands of toothpaste and I am finding difficult to choose one. please guide.
My teeth are very yellowish from inside where I cannot brush even. Otherwise I have no problem till now. Pls suggest how to take care of them and to clean them from inside. Thanks.
What is a root canal?
Root canal is a layman's term to describe a dental procedure that is performed to preserve a tooth that is at risk of being lost due to deep decay, infection, or other forms of trauma. Endodontic therapy or root canal treatment are the dental terms to describe this procedure. Root canal treatment is the removal of the infection-prone contents within the tooth and its roots. Subsequently, the resulting space is filled with an inert material to prevent infection. This treatment thoroughly disinfects the tooth's inner space. Root canal treatment enables a tooth to remain intact to function and serve its purpose in the mouth despite losing its vitality. Vitality is the tooth's ability to sense pain, pressure, or temperature. Prior to the implementation of root canal treatment, if a tooth had a large cavity or was abscessed, the only option was extraction of the bad tooth. All in all with Root Canal Treatment, we get to preserve a natural tooth and restore good dental health.
As we say precaution is better than cure so for healthy gums
-practise good oral hygiene
-brush twice daily
-use warm water for gargles
-use a good quality soft toothbrush
-change your brush every 3-4 months
-garlge with warm water after every meal
-avoid junk and sticky food
-visit your dentist every six months.
I am 16 years old, I have yellow patches on my teeth, can you please help in that matter. Last time I went to a dentist but he said it can not be removed.
I have ulcer from last 2 days in my mouth. I can't eat any thing spicy. Please tell me some home remedies or medicine to cure that.
Cavities and bad teeth are the most common complain of children around the world. It is never too early to start inculcating good dental habits in your child. You can begin even before your child has his or her first set of teeth. Begin by being a good example and taking care of your own teeth. Along with that, here are a few dental tips to keep a bright smile on your child's face.
- Get a dental check up: Your child's first visit to the dentists should be when he is she is around a year old. Even if your little one only has two teeth by this time, the dentist will be able to take a look at how the child's teeth are developing. The first dental visit should be followed by regular checkups.
- Check your water: Your child needs water with fluoride in it. This protects the teeth. Bottled water usually does not contain fluoride and hence should not be used to make the baby's formula or given to the baby. Additionally, ensure that the baby's mouth is cleaned of all milk residues, etc. before he or she goes to sleep.
- Brush teeth: Once your child has his first set of teeth, it is time to teach him how to brush them. Ideally, teeth should be brushed twice a day for two minutes each. Use a soft bristled toothbrush for your baby with a smear of fluoridated toothpaste. Brushing your teeth with your child will give them an example to follow and make it easier for them to learn how to brush their teeth. You may introduce your child to flossing once they are 6 years old.
- Avoid sugar: Candy and chocolate is the leading cause of cavities in children. Sugar releases acid that takes up to half an hour to be cleaned by saliva. Thus, frequent sugary snacks can leave your child's mouth acidic for longer and make it more susceptible to cavities and tooth decay.
- Meal times: Maintaining regular mealtimes not only gives your baby a healthy lifestyle, but also affects their dental health. Instead of letting your child sip out of a sipper cup throughout the day, encourage him to drink a glass of juice in one sitting. Juice contains sugar and hence this has a similar effect to snacking in the day. When using a sipper cup also pay attention to the back of your child's upper front teeth. Since the sipper cup positions itself behind these teeth, this may be the first to show signs of tooth decay.