Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pallavi BhaveYour feedback matters!
My baby's age is 8 months old. He prefers only breastfeed milk. He is not preferred bottle milk. How to avoid to give breast milk. How to give bottle milk. I am suffering from nipple cracks and milk is not coming blood is coming. What I have to do to give bottle feeding.
Hello my second sons age is 10 month my question is can I give him all types of veggies like ladies finger brinjal etc and can I give him packet milk too and can I add sugar to it.
Hello doctor I have a girl baby she is 1 year old she is not eating properly each and everyday every time while eating she is vomiting I don't know what to do whatever I give she is repeatingthe same rice also she is swallowing she is not chewing please tell how to make her eat.
Hello doctors, My son is 4 years old. Whenever he travels in car and especially when ac is on he vomits. Kindly suggest remedy.
Doctor, My son is 13 month old he is still eating cerelac dalia milk biscuit anything else I try he rejects he like roti koki paratha rice etc so what and how can I start this and what else should I give him He had 6 teeth in front when will he start eating all this things.
Although the cause of over 60% of birth defects are not known, there are things that you can do to help ensure optimal health for your baby.
There are a number of things you can do to increase the probability of having a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby. Some are more challenging than others because they may require that you break bad habits, but it is worth your effort.
Here are a variety of tips you can use to prevent birth defects as you contemplate starting or adding to your family:
- The first and foremost tip is maintaining preconception health; eating well balanced and nutritional meals, and taking a multivitamin daily that includes the recommended 400 mcg of folic acid.
- If you are sexually active and pregnancy is a possibility, make sure you take a multivitamin daily, which includes the recommended 400 mcg of folic acid and other essential B vitamins.
- Avoid all activities that could potentially lead to birth defects, including alcohol, tobacco, illicit drugs, and caffeine.
- Seek an annual gynecological and wellness exam.
- Obtain genetic counseling and birth defect screening, particularly if you have any family history of birth defects or if you are 35 years of age or older. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
My baby boy is about 2 months old (breast feeding). At 1st month he gone to potty regularly but now he is not going to potty daily. He is going one time in one week, going to toilet frequently. Do I have to change my daily diet or what is should do please help to solve the health issue of my baby. Any home remedies.
My daughter has stone in gallbladder. No reason has been observed in her all tests of stone. Her stone is increased by 3mm from last year. It is 6mm now. I don't want to increase that more. What should be her diet. Do I should exclude tomato. Cabbage pumpkin. Bottle Gourd. chocolate from her diet.
After delivering a baby on November 12,2015 my wife is suffering from cardiomyopathy as it was diagnosed by Dr. in the month of January, her initial EVF is 28% after taking medicine her EVF improved to40% but this time observed in reports her EVF is 38%.just wanted to understand why it Flickr. One more thing her weight also reduces to 46 kg from 52 kg ,bp is 110/60 and from 2- 3 days she is sneezing. Need to understand this behavior from subject experts, waiting for response.
Sir I have a 5 months old baby girl, she is having little cough since last night. Should I give her ascoril ls drop. If yes please suggest me the dosage.
My wife is unable to produce milk for my baby. Kindly suggest with other options between cow milk and Lactogen.
What is ADHD?
ADHD refers to attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, which is a brain-related condition found among preschoolers, children, teenagers and in many cases extends well into adulthood. These individuals have significant impairment in academics as well as social situations and interpersonal relations. The child has difficulty sustaining attention, phases of hyper activeness and cannot control his/her impulses which make their day to day life at school and home difficult.
The symptoms of this disorder among children can be categorized under three headings.
1.Hyperactivity which includes -
- Fidgets often
- Inability to stay at one place runs around and tries to climb things
- Trouble playing quietly
- Excessive talking
2. Inattention, which can be divided into symptoms like
- Getting easily distracted
- Tendency to loose things
- Facing problems related to organizing things
- Not listening carefully
- Forgetting about daily activities, carelessness
- Interrupts others as they speak and talks out of turn
- Answers questions without listening to what has been asked
- Not being able to wait for their turn to come
10-12% of school children before puberty are affected by one or more types of ADHD. ADHD especially hyperactivity is more prevalent in boys than in girls, with the ratio up to 9:1. Inattention and poor concentration are more commonly seen amongst girls. The rate of ADHD in parents and sibling of children with ADHD is 5-10 times higher than in the general population.
The probable causes of ADHD among children are,
1. Neurodevelopmental changes - Poorly developed activity of the brain particularly in the areas that control attention and concentration cause ADHD. This causes an imbalance in the neurotransmitters or the chemicals important for brain functioning and development.
2. Genetic Factors - genetic studies show that ADHD is largely hereditary in nature with a heritability of 75% approximately.