Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
For an expecting mother, nothing is more important than the safety and well-being of her unborn child. With due care, a mom-to-be can prevent complications that may arise in pregnancy by avoiding certain potential risks. Read on to find out the 5 things pregnant women must avoid at all costs in order to have a safe pregnancy.
1. Caffeine: It’s wise to avoid coffee, tea or even sodas that contain caffeine, as it can adversely affect the baby’s heart rate. Some studies go on to suggest that the consumption of caffeine may even increase the risk of miscarriages. Not only that, the intake of caffeine by the mother can increase the chances of the baby getting diabetes. So anything that contains caffeine must be avoided at all costs.
2. Abdominal X-rays: Abdominal X-rays during pregnancy are a big no. This kind of X-ray exposes the abdomen of the mother, and the baby as a consequence, to high levels of radiation, which can cause changes in the baby’s rapidly growing cells. As a result, the baby’s chances of suffering from birth defects or certain cancers, such as leukaemia later on in life, increase rapidly. It is best to avoid X-rays until absolutely necessary. However, you must avoid self meditation.
3. Heavy exercising: While moderate exercising during pregnancy is very healthy for both the baby and the mother, extreme exercising can give rise to quite a few complications. Exercises, which cause the heart rate of the mother to exceed the mark of 160 bpm (beats per minute) may result in the supply of less oxygen to the baby. This can lead to foetal hypoxia, a condition in which the supply of oxygen to the brain of the baby is restricted, resulting in brain damage. Exercises that must be avoided include abdominal crunches, exercises that hurt the mother’s joints or strain her back or which require her to hold her breath for too long.
4. Alcohol: All types of alcohol must be avoided during pregnancy. Consumption of alcohol during these 9 months has been associated with several birth defects such as poor growth, learning disabilities and mental retardation. In worst case scenarios, excessive alcohol consumption during pregnancy can lead to what is known as Foetal Alcohol Syndrome or FAS, which severely affects the mental development and physical growth of the unborn child, particularly of the face and skull. Also, you must quit smoking.
5. Stress: Stress can trigger various health problems, which can be bad for both the baby and the mother. Studies have revealed the emotional environment of the mother is experienced by the baby as well. In fact, a particular study has shown that any kind of stress, whether it be work related or stress caused by strain in relationships, can affect the mental development of the child. This as result can lead to the child developing certain behavioural disorders such as fears and phobias, which remain way into his adulthood.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Hi I just want to know I am married past 3 n half years and we are trying for a baby past 2 years but my wife is not conceiving our report are normal only my wife has thyroid issue its 6.1 she is taking tablet for that when we can try for baby?
Hi, I am 26 years old married female, I am facing weight gain while I am eating less, headache, excess heat in body, itching, body-muscles pain, lot of pimples, this is happening all together for last 6 months. Can you please help me out in diagnosed this?
There are many causes for infertility in male and female patients . On average 10% of the reproductive couples may be infertile.
For our therapeutic purposes, we concentrate on few very common curable factors which contribute to a large population of childlessness.
In female infertility important factors are :
Ovulation factors / hormonal factors
Tubal factors – e.g. blocked fallopian tubes / damaged tubes
Recurrent abortive factors - e.g. toxoplasma infection
Infective factors e.g. – genital TB / Mycoplasma infection / Gonococal infection.
Male Infertility Factor and Treatment
One single factor of semen and sperm quality matters.
Common causes are :
Oligospermia (number below 40 million /ml)
Oligospermaesthenia (poor motility of sperm)
We tried to cover up to formulate for male and female causes. In male, we devised formulation for improving sperm quality by raising number and their mobility. In Oligospermia with or without poor motility was our main concern.
Here Homoeopathy was the best choice because:
It has fastest response. Sperm count rises 5-6 times at least from the first month itself. So it requires short treatment of 2 to 3 months. ONLY.
It improves motility percentage wise as well as grade wise. So number of sperms having motility rises as well as grade of motility improved from I or II grades to III rd or IV th grade. This raises conception rates.
Since this male factor is the largest causative factor for infertility, our medicines helps a large number of infertility patients.
It has no hormonal preparation so no side effects. It helps to raise sperm quality for longer periods, so no rebound phenomena as it appears as in hormonal treatment.
It has no dietary restriction.
It is easy to take and cheap.
Female Infertility Treatment:
In cases of anatomical damaged tubes, homeopathy cannot help much , so operative procedures are better for it.
But for abortive factors, homeopathy is the best. Doctors at Speciality Homeoathy treated more than 1000 patients with above 95% success rate with medicine only. They had different causes like infection toxoplasma, rubella cytomegaly virus, or hormonal causes.
Here also the treatment is faster. It requires 2 months treatment to eliminate all important causes of abortions, post-treatment conception is generally safe up to 95% without any additional hormonal treatment or other measures like bed rest. Medicines are safe and have no side effects. Homeopathy has worked best in secondary infertility also with very high success rate.
My wife Age24 yrs. Suffering from Hepatitis B (minor). Having pregnancy as well and delivery date is 26th December 2015. Is there any risk for NORMAL DELIVERY. Please let me know sir.
Hi Doctors we are recently married n since last two months my wife has no periods. We have done pregnancy test by prega news n results are positive. We don't want child now so what is a way to not to have child. Please help. Also if we do abortion what will be its effect in future. If we do abortion then will we plan our child in future.
M suffering from irregular menstrual problem. M married n I want to get pregnant faster so pls suggest me some tips. I attached my reports of complete health panel. If some problem. Then pls tell me. Mam.
My girlfriend has menses on 17 may and this month. We got sex on 14 June after half and hour she had menses. Will she got pregnant.
I m 26 years female and want to know as whenever I conceive after 2 months I had miscarriage doctors r saying that my uterus is weak. Will I be able to become a mother throughout my life?
How safe is it to have artificial sweeteners during pregnancy?
Ingredients that you generally come across in candies, soft drinks, desserts and so on are known as artificial sweeteners. Many women during their pregnancy include these ingredients (in the form of foods and drinks that have been artificially sweetened) in their diet so as to cut down the amount of sugar in their diet.
But before you go about including them in your diet during pregnancy, there are certain things that you need to be aware of. Artificial sweeteners are generally of two types - nutritive sweeteners and nonnutritive sweeteners, the former contains calories while the latter doesn't.
Which sweeteners are safe to have?
Nutritive sweeteners, when consumed in moderation, can be looked upon as safe to have when you're pregnant, as long as they don't add to your body weight. But if you suffer from carbohydrate intolerance like diabetes, insulin resistance or even gestational diabetes, you need to limit the consumption of nutritive sweeteners. This type of sweeteners includes the different forms of sugar sucrose, honey, corn sugar, maltose, fructose and dextrose.
On the other hand, non-nutritive sweeteners are found in small quantities in foods since their role there is to only add a certain sweetening effect to the food product. Experts are still carrying out research on the effects of this type of sweeteners on pregnant women and their babies during pregnancy. The category includes options like sucralose, aspartame, rebaudioside a or stevia and acesulfame potassium.
Which sweeteners are not safe to have during pregnancy?
Apart from certain sweeteners that you can have during this period, there are some that are a total no-go - these are saccharin and cyclamate. While insufficient data is available for the effect of cyclamate on pregnant women, several studies conducted in the past show the adverse effect of saccharin. Certain studies have revealed its effect on the bladder (it can lead to bladder cancer) as well as on fetal tissue and placenta. Contact with this form of sweeteners can cause the unborn or infants to develop muscle dysfunction and irritability
Related Tip: 6 Pregnancy Complications You Need to Know About
Digestive discomfort is the clear sign that something needs to be done for healing digestion. Here are 12 natural ways that will help in restoring your slowed digestion.
1. Eat glutamine-enriched foods: Glutamine is known to heal the gut lining and reduce its inflammation. Consume glutamine-enriched foods like spinach, fish, eggs, meat, parsley, beans and dairy products.
2. Intake Ample Water: Lack of water intake will dehydrate, consequently leading to serious digestive ailments. Add berries, natural flavors or lemon juice to water to heal digestion and also elevate energy levels.
3. Detoxify liver: A happy liver leads to good digestion. Detoxify liver by eating foods like carrots, dandelion, beetroot and leafy greens. Shun drinking and smoking.
4. Sleep Well: A sound sleep will contribute greatly in healing digestion. Do not stress and get adequate sleep of at least 7 to 8 hours.
5. Drink Alkaline Fluids: Naturally alkaline beverages like fruit juices, tea, mineral water etc neutralize stomach acidity and tackle digestion problems. Ensure naturally alkaline beverages unlike the artificial ones lest more harm would be done.
6. Consume Cultured or Fermented Foods: Cultured or fermented foods contain ‘good bacteria’ that regenerates gut lining naturally. Consume foods like sauerkraut, fermented vegetables, kefir, Kombucha, kimchi etc and wait for better results.
7. Meditate and Deep Breathing: It may sound strange but meditation and deep breathing has positive effect over digestive system. Reduced stress levels mean better digestion.
8. Detox Regularly: Regular detoxification with natural juices like aloe vera resets digestive system wonderfully.
9. Intake Good Bacteria: Good bacteria in the form of Probiotics improve digestion significantly.
10. Stay Aware of Food Allergies: Food allergies can cause inflammation in gut, playing havoc with the digestion. Know your allergies to eliminate problematic foods.
11. Get Fed with Fiber: Fiber will remove toxins from the body and keep the gut moving. This will protect digestive tract from injury or inflammation.
12. Cinnamon & Mint: Cinnamon & mint balances levels of blood sugar and soothes gastrointestinal tract.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.