Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Palak Kalia
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Palak KaliaYour feedback matters!
Hello doc, Sometimes I feel flatuancy and acidity. But the problem is sometimes I really feel pain in one of my hand for little time and after that in second hand after some time in shoulder. I am thinking like the gas is moving that's why these things are happening. Doctor please tell me what is this and what to do in such situation?
I am suffering from a sudden pain and burning sensation in stomach. I am not having any metabolic or digestion problem, nor I am having any menses related problem. At any time, I feel severe pain in my back, nd a burning sensation from my bottom to the inner of the stomach. Sometimes, I also feel sensations in my knees and elbows. I have consulted many doctors, they all have diagnosed differently. Also I have done all tests and mri, but my reports are clear. I know this is bit complicated, and I m facing too much physicallly. But please help and give me proper guidance. Thanks.
My back and legs are paining frm last 10 day amd x ray report says (Partial socialization of L5 is noted with mildly reduced disc space between L5-S1) kindly help me with treatment or it is normal.
Hello Dr. My age is 24 years male, last year I had pain in my left hip joint due to calcium deficiency, when got through my blood test hlab27, it was positive. My question is, does it pain when the bone is healing.
My mother 48 years old before she getting pain knee after Ayurvedic treatment & acupuncture it stop but after some days legs veins started paining.
Hello doctor, I am aman 25 year old girl. I have a back pain last 3 month ,and I have used a pain relief cream. But some time they can not relief me.
Back pain refers to a severe pain in the back due to a strain in the muscle and the associated ligaments of the spine. Back pain is a fairly common condition and almost everyone has experienced it at least once in their lifetime. The pain can be either acute (pain in sudden bursts) or chronic (lasting for more than a month). Back pain generally tends to subside if one takes appropriate measures.
You might experience the following symptoms along with back pain:
- Severe pain around the muscles which might stretch down to your feet
- Back pain will significantly limit the flexibility of your back
- If there are recurrent instances of high fever and severe gall bladder disorders along with the pain, a consultation with your doctor is highly recommended.
Back pain might occur due to the following reasons:
- Back pain might occur as a result of osteoarthritis (a disorder that is characterized by the breaking and wearing down of the flexible tissues at the end of the bones) and osteoporosis (a disorder marked by bones that are weak and brittle).
- It might occur as a result of a fatal accident or an injury.
- If you are a chain smoker and have a history of excessive alcohol or drug abuse, you are more likely to experience back pain.
- Back pain might also occur as a result of ageing, excessive weight gain, lack of regular exercising, cancer and instances of severe depression.
Ayurveda can be very useful for eradicating back pain. According to Ayurveda, back pain is caused due to the heightening of the ‘vata’ owing to an unhealthy diet, anxiety, and suppression of muscles, collectively called ‘dosha’.
The Ayurvedic remedies for back pain are as follows:
- A regular intake of 30 ml of Aloe Vera juice in the morning might heal symptoms of back pain
- A regular intake of a mixture of 5g Triphala churnam mixed with water before retiring for the night might help to ease the general discomfort associated with back pain.
- Consume a medicinal preparation of 100ml of Black Gram (Urad Dal) daily for a week in order to get rid of the pain.
- You can also perform Paschimottanasana (an exercise where you have to touch the toes and repeat the same for a few times) and Vayu Mudra (an exercise where you have to move the index finger on the thumb base and the thumb finger in closed proximity to the index finger while the other fingers remain in a perpendicular position) to get rid of the back pain.
- Cut down on your consumption of pungent spices. This is because these pungent spices tend to have a drying effect on the body, that in turn, might lead to severe back pain, especially in the lower back along with constipation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.