Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Alternative Medicine Specialists in India. You will find Alternative Medicine Specialists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Alternative Medicine Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Sexual Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Kora Method Slimming Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PalakYour feedback matters!
I have been feeling severe headache for the last 5 days. I am unable to concentrate on my work I m even using medicines but there is no use. I m even sleeping alot. Could you help me from this problem?
I am suffering from pimples. I feel very pathetic. The pimples are quite enough to make my face ugly. What should I do?
Sir, Namastey. I am 22 year old. Sir,read my problem completely. I feel dull/ pressure type headache from 1 year. My eye sight is decreasing day by day and feel pain in eyes. This condition is created by me. I have passed engineering this year. When I was in b tech 1st year I used to do normal study. But from second year I started intensive study for longer hours. I used to laid excessive pressure on mind to concentrate and capture things in mind. In earlier days I feel refreshed after sleeping. But after longer time 2 to 2.5 year later, My brain got exhausted and overstimulated. My brain has became dull. I also feel pain in eyes and decreasing eyesight day by day. I can not perform any task. One Doctor told me that this condition is called brain Fag' Plzz kindly me provide solution.
I have been experiencing head-ache for the last couple of days whenever I work on my computer. Please help.
My wife is 43 years old and suffering from diabetes mellitus type 2 (Hyperglycemia) for 13 years. She also have some another disease problems including Thyroid, High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol level, Obesity, migraine and Hernia. I want an appropriate advise to overcome these diseases.
Cold is a viral infection.
Spreads from one person to another.
As your baby grow and comes in contact with more number of people there are more chances of them getting the infection, that means more number of cough and running nose when they start going out, going to cr�che or school.
Once your baby get infection from one virus they develop immunity to that virus and never get another infection from the same virus but since there are lots of viruses they keep getting infection from other ones.
Each episode usually last for about 5-7 days but can be prolonged to around 2 weeks also.
So the usual pattern is that they are UNWELL FOR AROUND 5-7 DAYS THEN WELL FOR 2-3 DAYS AND THEY AGAIN GET COLD. So it seems like your baby is ill all the time but that is actually not the case.
IS COLD BAD OR INDICATION OF POOR IMMUNITY
This is the most commonly asked question by parents.
When a baby is born there immune system is also immature like them and one of the ways to develop immunity is exposure to germs after which your baby produces antibodies against that germ.
This sounds technical but it?s true and in simple words it means that THE ONLY WAY YOUR CHILD WILL DEVELOP IMMUNITY TO A VIRUS IS BY GETTING INFECTED BY THAT VIRUS.
As the child grows, gradually the number of cold episodes will decrease as they will gradually get immune to lots of virus.
COLD IS CAUSED OR INCREASED IN COLD WEATHER OR BY EATING CERTAIN FOOD
As you all know by now that cold is a viral infection and is not related to cold climate or cold food.
Foods like curd or orange are usually labelled as culprit but actually VITAMIN C is one of the things which is found beneficial in cold and is found in these foods.
Curd also contains good bacteria which again are found to be beneficial for small babies.
THERE IS NO ASSOCIATION BETWEEN ANY FOOD AND COLD FOUND TILL NOW IN ANY STUDIES SO NO FOOD RESTRICTION IS NEEDED WHEN YOUR CHILD IS SUFFERING FROM COLD.
DO NOT TREAT ALL COUGH AND COLD. If your child is active, playful and not distressed due to his illness it is advised to avoid medicine.
Since your child will keep getting infection from various viruses if you try to treat all cold there are chances that your baby will be on some or other medication always.
Actually according to the FDA of USA and UK cough and cold medicine should not be used in kids less than 6 years old as they have not shown any beneficial results in variety of studies but actually causes lot of side effects.
NO ANTIBIOTICS SHOULD BE GIVEN FOR COMMON COLD as it is a viral infection and will not respond to antibiotics which are for bacteria.
THINGS TO DO DURING COLD
If your child has high grade fever you can give him paracetamol.
Maintain good hydration and give good amount of fluids to your baby.
You can use saline nasal spray for your baby but it has to be used in the correct way.
Since it is just normal saline it does not cause side effect and can be used for long time.
DO NOT USE MEDICATED NOSE DROPS OR NASAL DECONGESTANT FOR YOUR CHILD?S COLD.
Steam inhalation with salt and water is very beneficial as it keeps the airway moist and makes the mucous more liquid therefore easy to remove.
It also makes breathing easy for your baby. If given around 30 min to 1 hr before sleep it can help the child sleep better.
Maintain a good air circulation in the room.
During the illness there are chances that your baby?s appetite will decrease. Do not worry; let them take whatever and how much ever they want. DO NOT FORCE FEED.
COMMON COLD PREVENTION
Cold spreads via air and contaminated objects so the best way to prevent children from catching colds is to teach them proper HAND WASHING.
Make sure that your child washes their hand after coming from school or playing, before eating food and after using toilet.
If your child has a cold, it's still important to protect others from catching the cold. Teaching them to cover their mouth while coughing or sneezing or using tissues for the purpose.
RED FLAGS: Need to take your child immediately to a doctor.
High grade fever lasting for more than a day but still this alone is not an indication of using antibiotics.
Unable to feed properly or constantly vomiting.
Unusually fast breathing or noisy breathing.
Excessively sleepy and lethargic.
Constantly rubbing of the ears and crying if you touch the ear or any ear discharge.
Unable to sleep in the night.
Cold lasting for more than 2 weeks.
Presence of any rash over body
I was diagnosed with multiple calculi on June 28, was having fever and on 30 june a small stone came out through urine, I had checked my weight as 46 on 28 june and on 1st July its 44 ,is it a matter of concern as I feel fatigue soon and do frequent bath cause weight loss.
Once in 4 to 5 months I get headaches accompanied by slight dizzy ness. It lasts for week, earlier it was diagnosed due to synosis. I take dirt tab and steam. I have a small perforation in one of the ear. Is it due to cold conditions. What is effective treatment. I am not diabetes.
Hai sir my name is rajinikanth. I am suffering from dengue .can. You please tell about the symptoms of dengue.
1. Relax your breathing. Take deliberate slow, deep breaths, and feel the tension begin to subside.
2. Clear your mind of disturbing thoughts. Remind yourself of all your strengths, of those occasions when you’ve coped in the past, and of things you still have to look forward to.
3. Shut off the critical parent in your head. We all have weaknesses and make mistakes. Don’t abandon, attack, or reject yourself. You need to support, and to nurture, yourself.
4. Practice self-care. Temporarily step back from the stressful situation. Maybe listen to some music, or message a friend, or play with your pet, or go for a walk.
5. Respond – don’t react. You don’t have to do anything right now. Take a moment to take control of your feelings and your thoughts. Then assess the situations, and think through different options.
6. You may have to put up protective boundaries. We often don’t have the energy to give at these times – so withdraw from people who would drain your energy.
7. A burden shared is a burden halved. Share how you feel with someone who cares. It’s good to ask for help when you’re worried or afraid.
Hi, I am 25 years old. I have been having problem of acidity. Every morning while brushing I get vomiting sensation. I have been taking antacid to refrain from this problem. What are the medicines should I take?
I often suffer from stomach ache and fart a lot of time in a day. I am not suffering from constipation. But then even I feel like some disorder in my stomach. What should I do?
I am 23 years old male. I often suffer from headaches. I checked my eyesight and got specs but headaches keep returning, my eyes also pains sometimes.
Hi Can you suggest some natural way to reduce triglycerides and improve hdl? I am a smoker, drink moderately and exercise for one hour 4 days in a week.
Doctor Ji my skin is so dull. And very much pimples and acne. Pls suggest me a advice to control it..
Dear sir I have many pimples of my face so what is the best medicine of hide my pimples please suggest a answer.
While getting together in bed is something that everyone fantasizes or thinks about, when it comes to the actual act of being with a partner, shyness and inhibitions may stop you from actually having a god experience. While some factors for shyness can be physical, in most cases, they border on emotional and psychological problems.
Factors that might cause sexual shyness:
Some of the factors that cause sexual shyness could be:
- A fear arising from lack of experience
- A low self esteem
- Bad encounters and experiences in the past
- Body image issues
These are all factors, which can be changed and controlled with a slight change in your thinking and conditioning yourself in certain ways.
Overcoming sexual shyness with a partner:
While most people have active fantasies about sex, when it comes to a one on one experience, many people feel out of their comfort zone. Let's look at a few mental and thought conditioning exercises that can help you counter sexual shyness.
- Don't have major expectations: One of the biggest issues with mostly men and to some extent women, is that they have elaborate fantasies, which don't come true in the real world and thus aren't prepared to handle real life sexual situation when they come up. Thus you should preferably have a no expectation approach.
- Ensure that the surroundings are comfortable: If you are having a hurried encounter or in a situation you aren't comfortable in, it might lead to bad experience, which will keep manifesting every time you have sexual encounters. Thus make sure that your surroundings are comfortable and you are relaxed before the act.
- Don't let physical shortcomings scare you: Both men and women tend to be very conscious about their bodies. If you have to be naked in front of someone, you may feel even more self conscious. Stop feeling bad or sorry for yourself because of your body. No human being is perfect and if the other person wants to be with you in bed, they will ignore any physical imperfections that you think you may have.
- Think about the act and prepare: Remember that you are with a person and not with a fantasy. Once you are comfortable with a person and usually after a few times, you can then try fantasies and role playing. Initially think about the act before in your head and feel excited in its anticipation.
- Enjoy the build up and the foreplay: Sex isn't just the penetrative part, but all the fun section like kissing and foreplay that build up to it. Go slow and enjoy those sections as well and you will automatically be aroused enough to a point where inhibitions will go away.