Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PadmavarYour feedback matters!
Headache is a very common medical problem. Nearly 25% of females and 8% of males in general suffer from headaches at some point in their life.
More than 90% of headaches are due to migraine. However headaches are also caused due to tensions and due to wrong lifestyle practices. If headaches are not treated and managed at the right time they can also complicate into - brain like hemorrhage, meningitis, brain tumors, etc.
Any new onset headache should be taken seriously as it could be because of a serious brain illness.
Common myths associated with Headaches:
- It's because of Acidity - Headaches are not caused due to acidity or 'Gas' , as popularly highlighted.
- Headaches could only be because of sleepless nights - They could be because of any strain on your body. Eyesight, tension, nasal issues, flu are few reasons.
- Headaches are only because of tension - They could be because of a number of reasons, tension could be just one factor.
- Headaches can be cured by self medication - Persistent headaches need to be addressed by specialists. Ignoring the signs and symptoms can lead to complications.
Common symptoms of migraine are:
- One sided or whole head pain
- Head pain accompanied with nausea or vomiting
- Irritation with loud noise and bright lights.
- Increase in headache with even slight movement of head.
Reasons of Headaches:
- Migraine or headache episodes can be triggered due to the following reasons:
- Irregular meal timings
- Improper sleep
- Excessive mental stress
- Excessive alcohol intake
- Due to intake of certain food items like red wine, chocolates, cheese, preservatives
- Change of weather season
- Excessive heat or cold
If headaches occur more than 1 or 2 times in a month, then medical attention becomes important. Headaches take away precious working hours from our routine, reduce your efficiency and can make you vulnerable to excessive consumption of pain killers. At a certain point of time even pain killers stops working. It is essential that you consult a specialist for medical advice and a holistic lifestyle management. Ignoring the same can lead to complications such as loss of vision & paralysis of the body- After all your body's health, balance and maintenance is in your hands!
Hello. I am 23. Since last 3-4 months my periods are a little scanty. And this month I have got my periods. M not sexually active. Also I feel my vaginal area is a little dry. Can a girl of 23 years old get menopause? Is this menopause or some other problem. I am otherwise very healthy. Do not smoke or drink and exercise regularly.
Sir my wife is 24 year old and she is not interested in sex what can I do please suggest although I am perfect in every respect.
I am 25 years old. Unmarried. I get pain in my right side Brest. But no redness and any other symptoms. Only pain.
Good afternoon Till 6 months back my all test reports were normal with a TSH of 1.9 when I was operated for LEFT clavicle surgery 6 months back. Then followed by a lot of prescriptions and medications and xray for my bone healing. My bone is almost 50-60% healed till now as per my ortho surgeon. Now at present my TSH 3rd generation is 0.017 T3 is 165.53 T4 is 11.40 from which I can see that I have hyperthyroidism now. Weight loss 9 kgs in one month. Can you please explain a little bit regarding the above. I mean how I got this sickness. What all could be the reasons. What treatment I shall follow. And if the disease is fully curable or I have to stay with this medication for long or lifetime?
Are you pregnant and wondering whether is it okay to continue having sex? If you are having a normal pregnancy, it is fine to keep on having sex until your water breaks or you are going into labour. However, there are some circumstances where you may have to modify your sexual activities or avoid having sex.
Does sex during pregnancy harm your baby?
Your baby is not hurt, if you have sex during pregnancy. The amniotic sac and strong muscles of the uterus keep the baby protected. The thick mucus plug sealing the cervix guards the baby from infections.
Does sex during pregnancy trigger labour?
In the case of a normal and low risk pregnancy, there are no such risks as sexual stimulation cannot start labour or lead to a miscarriage. Some mild uterine contractions may occur because of an orgasm, but they are quite harmless and temporary.
The best sexual positions during pregnancy
During pregnancy, you should experiment in order to find out the sexual positions which are most comfortable for you. Finding a suitable sexual position is hard because of the growing belly.
- The missionary position becomes quite tough as your pregnancy develops and is impossible to carry out during late pregnancy. If you try this position during your first trimester of pregnancy, you should wedge a pillow under you. This should be done so that your position is not tilted and you do not lay flat on your back. Your partner should make sure not to put any pressure or support on your abdomen.
- Oral sex is considered to be safe during pregnancy, but there are certain limitations. Licking is okay, but blowing into your genital area should be abstained from. Forcing air into the vagina may lead to an air embolism. This can be harmful for your developing baby.
- It is not safe for you to indulge in oral sex with your partner during pregnancy, if he has oral herpes. If your partner has got oral herpes, you should completely abstain from having sex during the third trimester of pregnancy, even though he does not show symptoms.
In case you are not sure of your partner’s HIV status, you should use a dental dam or a sheet of latex for placing between your genitals and partner’s mouth. You should take suggestions and tips from a doctor to know more about sex during pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I am 22 year old female and I am married. I had fracture of L3 L4 L5 S1 S2 and had internal fixation done. The surgery was done before 1year. The fracture is United. I am able to walk and do regular activities. Can I have sexual contact with my husband with the implant?
I have the problem of wait loss over a period of around 1 months now. I take proper food but I become thinner and weaker day by day. Could you please suggest me something that I could do?
I am using fujivag cl. 3 days. I am 20 week pregnant. after using this medicine when I go stool pass I have thick white discharge. It is reason for, putting medicine. Or other? It is normal?
My age is 47 years and age of my wife is 44 years. We have one kid of 11 years .we want second child. Please suggest.
Iam a 24 year girl. I had pcos detected 6 months back. Is there any chance of reoccurance of pcos because of stress and tension?
Sex is an extremely personal and subjective matter. Different individuals relate to and indulge in sex differently. The idea of sex also varies from person to person and may not always fit the stereotypical penile-vaginal penetrative intercourse.
There is no way of determining exactly how much sex is good and how much of it is too much. Some people like to be sexually active with thorough regularity while others find comfort in abstinence. Age also plays an important role here with people between the ages of 18-29 indulging in higher levels of sexual activity than those who are middle-aged or elderly.
The different levels and frequencies of sexual activity have varying degrees of impacts on the overall mental, physical and sexual health of a person. There are numerous health benefits attached to having an active sex life, which manifests themselves in both the body and the mind.
The health benefits of having sex are -
As per studies conducted, it has been shown that having sex, at least, two times a week can boost overall physical and mental health. The many health benefits of being sexually active are as follows:
- It improves immunity and makes the body more resilient to diseases
- It improves bladder control in women and prevents urinary incontinence
- It prevents erectile dysfunction in men
- It improves blood circulation and lowers blood pressure
- It acts as a stress reliever
- It improves functioning of the heart and lowers the risk of heart disease
- It reduces sensitivity to pain
There are several other benefits of sex, which include the effective healing and nurturing of the body in a holistic manner.
Is there a limit to having sex?
A large number of people all around the world are concerned about their carnal compulsions and frequently approach sex therapists about what frequency of sex constitutes as a 'healthy' dose.
There really is no such thing as too much sex. But if overindulgence in sexual activities causes a disturbance in everyday activities such as work, classes, household responsibilities and other obligations, it becomes a problem. If such a situation arises, it might be signs of a sex addiction in which case it is important to consult a sexologist or sex therapist. Ideally, having sex two times a day is good for your body, mind and soul.