Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. PadmavarYour feedback matters!
How to know that I am pregnant. And which age is perfect for pregnant. And which day is best for baby conceive.
Hi, I'm 23 years old and 5 month pregnant. Sometimes I feel pain at lower side of stomach and white discharge is also happening. What is the reason? One more question, is miscarriage without bleeding or any symptoms is possible? kindly reply soon. Thank you.
Platelets are the smallest colorless cell in the blood which help clotting of blood, platelets clumps together and form clotting to prevent bleeding. Platelets are produced in bonmarrow.
Normal count of platelets is from 1, 50, 000 - 4, 00, 000 in the blood. If number of platelets goes down from 1, 50, 000, in a healthy person, this codition is known as thrombocytopenea, i. E. Less count of platelets in blood is known as'thrombocytopenea.
Causes of thrombocytopenea:
Drug abused diseases,
Bacterial infection, etc.
Bleeding into skin, appears as rashes on skin, especially, in lower extramities.
Bleeding continues from cut, wounds, gums, ears, urine & stool.
Profuse bleeding in menstrual cycle.
When, medical assistance
When bleeding starts from gums, ears, nose, anal-orfice which can't be checked by normal process of first- aid. Medical assistence is needed
Treatment of thrombocytopenea can be achieved, successfully under homoeopathic system of treatment.
Low count of plateletes gets normal within 3/4 days.
• Essential Fatty Acids
EFA are essential for getting pregnant. Omega 3 fat is necessary to maintain the balanced production of hormone-like substances called prostaglandins. They can also increase blood flow to reproductive organs, increase cervical mucus, and promote ovulation.
1 tsp. of fish oil per day is recommended for women consuming animal products while 1 tbsp. of flax oil per day is recommended for women not consuming animal products.
• Vitamin B12
Many women who are not able to conceive are deficient in Vitamin B12. B12 will help to balance hormone imbalances, essential for cell formation, aids in nutrient absorption and metabolism as well as overall digestion.
It is also important for the nervous system, blood supply, and the development of red blood cells.Women who are trying to get pregnant and have a B12 deficiency may not be ovulating and may have abnormal estrogen levels which can affect implantation of a fertilized egg.
B12 deficiency has also been linked to cell abnormalities of the reproductive tract which may even be diagnosed as cervical dysplasia. Vitamin B12 is found in the gut of animals and, therefore, cannot be obtained through plants. Women following a vegan or vegetarian diet are often low in B12 and should use supplements. Women trying to get pregnant, and pregnant women throughout their pregnancy should be consuming 2.6 mcg of B12 per day.
Beside taking supplements, if you’re trying to conceive, you should increase intake of beef, poultry, fish, fortified dairy or nondairy products as well as booster foods such as nutritional yeast. B12 shots are also effective.
If you’re trying to get pregnant, you should be increasing the protein intake to about 25% of what you have previously been eating. High-quality protein with all amino acids is the best option, high-quality animal protein is also sources of other important nutrients such as iron, and B-vitamins.
• Folic Acid
Folic acid is one of the best-known vitamins to aid in pregnancy. It is essential for preventing neural tube defects, congenital heart defects, cleft lips, limb defects, as well as urinary tract defects in the baby.
Deficiency in folic acid can also increase infertility and cause pre-term labor. Folic acid can be found in liver, lentils, beans, black beans, asparagus, spinach, and broccoli. If you’re taking a supplement, then it should be should be between 600-120mcg per day.
Hi my name is vishaka. I'm by 8 months pregnant and from the 4th months onwards my limbs and hills had been started paining. Taken the painkiller also but not effective.
Running is proven to be one of the most efficient forms of exercise as it has a ton of benefits attached to it. For instance, running helps you in maintaining your body weight by cutting down that unwanted or extra body fat, and helps in keeping you slim and trim. It also aids in improving your metabolism. Regular exercising will keep you energised, and increase your stamina.
Before starting with this physical activity, there are certain things you should know about. These are:
- Be patient: Patience is key! Now, we all know that that nothing can change in a day. You won't notice any signs of improvement on the first day. So, the best thing to do is work out every single day with dedication, and you'll notice the results in a month or so.
- Be Comfortable: It is very necessary to feel comfortable before you start your exercise. If you are going to run with your high heels or slippers on, it's never going to work out. So, it is very important to dress in your most comfortable attire before you start running.
- Eat well: A healthy diet packed with all the essential nutrients is an absolute must if you plan to take up running as a regular exercise. Do not starve yourself at any cost or skip any meal. Running will take up a lot of your energy and a healthy diet is a must if you intend on being fit and strong.
- Drink lots of water: It is very essential to drink lots of water and keep yourself hydrated throughout the day. Pro tip: Gulp down some water after your run, as we tend to lose water and minerals from our body in the form of sweat.
- Run with music on: Recent studies have proven that running with music on is the better alternative. Music helps us focus more on our goal and also helps us stay calm.
- Consistency: You have to be consistent in your workout and only then will you be able to notice a significant change in your health. Running at least once a day is recommended. Some people tend to run twice a day too, but that depends from person to person. Do not burden yourself too much. Running is an exhausting exercise and you should not force your body too much.
- Calm your body and mind: Running or jogging in the morning can have a positive impact on you as it reduces stress and keeps you calm and sound throughout the day.
Pregnancy, especially the first one, is a very anxious phase in a couple's life. There is the knowledge of leaving your previous life and transition to a new one filled with excitement (and copious amount of poop). Every pregnancy is different. Some women are completely turned off by the thought of having sex while others suddenly have their interests spiked. Here are six things you need to know about sex during and after pregnancy
1. You won't hurt the baby: As creative as you get thinking of different positions, it is unlikely that sex will harm your unborn child. Although it is a good sign that your maternal instincts are kicking in, this is a simple open and shut case. While you and your partner get on the act, your baby will rest safely in the amniotic sack well protected with layers of cushion in the form of flesh and fluids. The mucous plug in your cervix that puts a cork on the amniotic fluid ensures things remain stable.
2. You won't bump the baby on the head: As much as your partner would like to believe that his penis is long enough bump into the baby during sex, this is not a possibility. No penis is that big or close to being big enough to get close to the baby. Even if your baby is head down resting in your pelvis, it is unlikely he or she will take a hit during sex.
3. Your baby won't watch your act: You have to have sex to make babies. That is one of the most natural and beautiful realities of our lives. It is true that your baby activity may spike a little when your uterus contracts after an orgasm, so that way the baby will know something exciting happened. But it is not possible for the baby to 'know' or 'remember' what happens on the outside.
4. Sex won't result into an STD transmission to your baby: For one, it is best to stick to your partner who you know is free from STD with or without the baby bump. You'll also feel better knowing that once the baby is inside, your cervix is shut and out of access for anything from semen to other organisms as the mucus plug acts as a super tight cork. But when it comes to STD, it is better you go the safe way for yourself and only proceed if you know your partner is clean for sure.
5. You'll have some extra fun with new manoeuvers: With a baby bump in between, the usual missionary position becomes uncomfortable for many women. Try new and fun ways to keep your partner happy
6. Sex will feel better or worse: Sex will make you feel better or worse depending on how comfortable you are. It is always great to get that loving feeling with your partner, but if you don't want to go all the way, you can start with a hug and end with a kiss too.
In case you have some questions or concerns you must discuss with your doctor.
Hi, I'm 34 years old. I got married on 31 years. After my pregnancy I gained lot of weight. I was 50kg 4 years back. And my baby is 2 years 5 months now. I had c section. Then in 2 months I went for another sugary which gallbladder. After that I started putting on weight. I was very thin. I'm trying my best to reduce but nothing working out. I do lot of work at home. Please help me.
Please tell me. When is the best time for having a quantitative Blood Pregnancy Test after sex for accurate result?
last date of my period was 7 Feb.on 9 Feb I had sexual intercoure. I want to know whether I am pregnant or not. I don't want to have it now. Please clarify my doubt. If I m pregnant how to terminate it??
What is the earliest a urine pregnancy test can be come positive if we are trying to conceive and have followed all the instruction per the doctor.
Abdominal pain or stomach ache could occur any time due to various reasons. The point is we should remain ever ready to control abdominal pain. If we know how to control abdominal pain we could also offer this help to our colleagues as well who are in great pain as a remedial measure. In any case we would have to take the patient to the doctor if we are unable to pacify the patient. Some of the major causes of abdominal pain are kidney stones, inflammation of gallbladder, hernia, food poisoning, ulcers and gastric problems. However, there is no point to dishearten. Here a few remedies which can help you control abdominal pain, till the actual assistance arrives:
If you think that you took a heavy food before the abdominal pain has started it would be a great idea to drink plain soda water. It would provide great relief within no time.
1. Mix 1tsp of mint juice, lime juice and ginger juice. Add a pinch of black salt take this mixture with water you would get instant relief from abdominal pain.
2. Pomegranates can also help treat stomach ache. In a ball of pomegranate add some salt and black salt. Chew this seeds slowly. You would get instant relief from abdominal pain.
3. You can also try this method if you think your abdominal pain has not got relief. In a cup of water add 20 grams of aniseeds. Keep this for overnight and strain the mixture next morning. As soon as you drink it you would get instant relief.
4. After taking fenugreek seeds make a paste of it. Add this paste to a bowl of curd. By this way you would get quick relief from abdominal pain.