Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PadmavarYour feedback matters!
My girlfriend is 21 year's old. Would it be okay if she got a iud like copper T? What types of iud are available and how much does it cost.
Menopause marks the time in a woman's life when her menstruation stops, and she is no longer fertile (able to become pregnant).
- The menopause is a normal part of life; it is not a disease or a condition.
- Even though it is the time of the woman's last period, symptoms may begin many years earlier. Also, some women may experience symptoms for months or years afterward.
- In the united states, the average age for the menopause is 51.
- Perimenopause is the 3-5-year period before the menopause when a woman's estrogen levels begin to drop.
I have a very small cut on my virgina clitoris lip its seems like joints are broken its pain when I touched. I feel nothing during intercourse I have done various treatment and long time continuously getting white discharge and now my virgina gets too loose I fell nothing pls help me what to do.
I am 23 years old I have white discharge problem I have husband but if we done sex then I got lot of white discharge I have 3 children and family planning also done I use lot of anti biotic I have to know what should I do?
Do you have vague memories of your childhood where your mother used to run behind you with a glass of milk and a few almonds soaked in it? You might have cribbed about them, but all this while you might not have been aware that you were running away from one of the most powerful house of essential minerals. Such is the health benefits of almonds that it has its own fan following across the globe. It is a boon and a blessing for your well-being. Let us have an overview of it.
Health benefits Of almond oil
The health benefits are not just limited to the nuts. Almond oil too can supply a massive amount of benefits when included in our diet regularly. Though a bit expensive, a regular intake can keep many of the complications at bay. Here’s why:
- Controls heart ailments: Almond oil is enriched with monounsaturated fatty acids. They boost the health of your heart and can curb cardiovascular diseases. A regular intake can reduce the chance of a stroke by a large margin.
- Regulates blood pressure and controls cholesterol level: Almond oil regulates blood pressure and can help in maintaining the cholesterol levels of your body. In many countries, almond oil is slowly changing the culinary landscape and the way we use the food ingredients.
- Strengthens nervous system: Almond oil is a great source of Omega-3 fatty acids and also contains a robust measure of potassium. They nourish your nervous system and directly boost your memory. You can mix a few drops of almond oil to a glass of milk before you hit the bed for the best results.
- Helps in bone development: Almonds are a great source of vitamin D, calcium and potassium. Needless to say, this can be very beneficial for strengthening your bones. Simply massage few drops of almond oil to your bones and joints and in many cases, you can get rid of arthritis.
- Relieves stress and pain: Almond oil also has therapeutic properties, and can help in easing the pain and stress from strained muscles. You can heat a few tablespoons of almond oil and can directly massage into the affected area once it becomes warm. Doing this regularly can increase the strength of your muscles and can be a great muscle relaxant too.
- Can promote the health of nails: Brittle nails are one of the common problems that everyone faces. Almond oil can take care of this trouble easily. For healthy and strong nails, massage them with a few drops of almond oil daily. They have a strong presence of potassium and zinc and they, in turn, hydrate your nails and keep them strong and healthy.
Some other benefits of almond oil are
- It controls heart diseases
- It reduces the chances of stroke
- It regulates the blood pressure
- It gives strength to the nervous system
- It will help in bone development
- It promotes the growth of nails
- It promotes the health of nails
- It increases the memory power
- It gives strengths to brain tissue
Apart from the abovementioned benefits, Almonds are useful in a number of ways, they improve your memory power, improves hair growth, is good for your brain tissues. Almonds are a powerhouse in their own right, therefore, you must eat them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
My age is 22 years I had sex on september 7 mrng 9 am and took contraceptive pil on 8th mrng so it was unprotected sex and actually my periods date is 8th of spetmbwr expected date but I did not get are there any chances I get percent if o had sex one day before expected date and how many pills should I take.
I am unmarried girl I am 13 week pregnant I want medical termination of pregnancy abortion. Its legal ?currently I am stay In kalyan. Give me contact no of correct person who guide me and help me.
We are married for 8 months. We are having unprotected sex. Have not conceived yet. Recently she has been consulted with a doctors. USG done. Normal found. Prescribed iron. Vitamin tablets. Still not conceiving. Help.what should we do. Should we wait?
Many people across the world spend a considerable amount of time contemplating on which type of delivery is the most preferable. In earlier times, normal delivery was the only option but these days, there is an increase in the number of caesarean or C-sections. Today, 30% of children of children around the world have been born through the C-section. Since it is up to the woman to select which type of delivery she would prefer, it is imperative to comprehend the advantages as well as risks of both the options.
Advantages of vaginal delivery to the mother
From a psychological point of view, women who opt for normal delivery are believed to have a relatively positive birthing experience. Women who go through normal delivery often feel that it is empowering to be actively involved in the procedure of giving birth to their babies. Such mothers have a much shorter span of recovery time compared with those opting for C-sections. This procedure also lets the mother as well as the baby to come in contact with each other, which in turn speeds up the process of bonding.
Pros of normal delivery for the baby
It has been found that babies who are born via vaginal delivery are less prone to developing any kind of complications related to health. They can be fed, sooner and develop fewer allergies and respiratory issues. However, very few babies born through vaginal delivery can experience any injury while being born, though this is an extremely rare condition.
Benefits of Caesarean section for the mother
There are numerous women who opt for the C-section so that there is no need to go through extended hours of labour. Today, with the advancement in medical science, mothers are able to plan the birth of their child, and it allows more control over the birthing process along with more predictability. Women who go for a C-section do not suffer from any damage to the pelvic floor, which often leads to incontinence in the course of time.
Advantages of a C-section delivery for the child
In most cases, when there are twin babies, or a single baby is too large, opting for a C- section can prove to be the most viable option. Plus, if the mother is a carrier of certain diseases like HIV, then a C-section reduces the chances of passing it to the baby.
Thus, both the options have their own set of pros and cons, and it is best to speak with a qualified gynaecologist before deciding on anything.
I have excessive hair growth on my body not on my face. I shave the hair or wax them but they return within 3 days. My whole body is covered with thick black hair. Also I have dysmenorrhea or painful periods for which only a combination of diclofenac and paracetamol works or else a diclofenac injection. I also have menorrhagia as I bleed for 8 days or sometimes 9 days. What's wrong with me?
Doctor my age is 23 so we are trying for 2nd baby first one c-section she is 2years 4months now. I removed coper-t also now 10months over we are trying regular monthly but no luck till now why sir? My periods started after 1year delivery over so this reason only or what sir tell me I needed my baby 1year 9months now I stopped 6months over.
Cancer is the scourge of modern era with increasing cases being reported by a significant percentage of the population with the passage of time. With the ever increasing incidences, the number of patients being treated with chemotherapy is also on the rise. This treatment however, does come with its own disadvantages and although it may be effective in curing cancer, its side effects may render a patient incapable of leading a normal life for the duration of the treatment.
What exactly is Chemotherapy?
Chemotherapy is a process by which cancer cells in the body are destroyed with the use of chemical drugs. Although it is an effective form of treatment, it has many side effects as it can affect good cells as well. This is one of the main reasons hair cells may die out temporarily and a person undergoing chemotherapy may lose hair.
Sex and chemotherapy
Although sessions of chemotherapy can damage a person's libido it may be possible to have sex keeping certain precautions in mind. Here are certain possibilities and problems associated with sex while undergoing chemotherapy.
1. It is possible to have sex while undergoing chemotherapy, if the concerned doctor says that it won't harm the patient in any way.
2. If your doctor says you can have sex then you are in the clear, but it is very important to gauge the situation yourself along with your doctor and go ahead only if chemotherapy is successful.
1. The main problem is that the patient may not have the energy or the desire to have sex as chemotherapy can be taxing on the body. However, if you want to and the doctor says it won't cause problems, you can go ahead with it.
2. Usually doctors ask patients to abstain from sex if the cancer being treated is within the genitalia. Friction during sex may cause issues within the organs and only, if proper healing has occurred should the patients consider sex.
3. Certain types of chemotherapy may change the lining of the vaginal walls and thus make them more prone to injury during vaginal sex and thus should be abstained from. Also with chemotherapy, the white blood cell count tends to be reduced within the body and this may leave it vulnerable to bacterial infections which may come from the partner during sex.
Moreover, It is advisable not to conceive while receiving chemotherapy, whether the cancer is with the man and most definitely when it is with the woman. Chemotherapy may cause acute imbalances within the body and may seriously affect the development of the baby and especially the mother, if she has cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.