Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Padmaja NaikYour feedback matters!
I feel pain in my back side of knee when I dance one pop occur and little pain start. It start when I am dancing 2 year ago and I am sitting on floor and when I tried to get up my things and my knee move up down (opposite). I feel a sharp pain that time but after 2 days its gone but sometime when I dance its start again with a pop. I want to know what is that problem.
I am having acute lower back pain for last whole year. An ayurvedic doctor said you have a starting of slip disk. What medicine can I take to completely come out of it. I am doing yoga exercises everyday.
I have pain in my backbone. It suffers me a lot. I can not bent for pain. I have used home remedy like mood, volini. But it didn't work. What should I do?
I am 19 years old Female. I done Pyloplasty surgery in right kidney before 2 years. Because the way of Right Kidney to Urinal pipe Is too small from I born. But the symptoms I found pain in The age of 17. After The Surgery I Have Back pain and Right Leg pain. During periods, I have Right side Stomach pain. So I Consult doctor. He said The pain is due to a leg Nerve Compression in backbone. It is occur due to side effect and you will take Calcium tablet to avoid further problem. But I do not know how to I relief from those pains now?
When I put my hand on knee and move the leg then I feel vibration in knee it seems something breaking insideWhats that?
I works in medical for 12 hours because of that my joint pain is increasing n I had tried gemcal capsule but still no relief from pain pls tell me wht to do.
I am a bds student. I have to sit in laboratory for more than 7 hours. Due to which my back is paining all the time. What precautions should I take to get rid from this situation. Kindly help me.
Good morning Dr. I have pain in my back last 6 months I concerned many Dr. In my area but problem is still please Dr. Tell me what should I do?
She is suffering from 1. Mild L5-s1 spondylosis and 2. Lumbar spondylosis. What is the best treatment to get out of the problem?
I am 21 years old female and have backache for last 2 months I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but haven't get any relief . What should I do now ?
I have a regular pain behind my heels. Whenever I walk continuously the pain goes away but once I take a break, And then start walking again I feel pain on back of my heels which do not let me walk properly for few minutes (5-20 min). When I press on it I can feel pain in my heel bone that is at back side of my heel. Please tell me why it is happening? And suggest me what could I do for this?
Shin splints' is a condition, which is characterized by pain in the shin bone, the bone that is present in front of the leg. Shin splints tend to occur quite frequently in runners and dancers as their activities tend to stress the shin bone.
Causes: When excess force is applied to the shinbone, it may result in swelling of the muscles, causing pain and inflammation. It may also occur from stress reactions to fractures in the bone. Cracks tend to develop due to constant application of force in the bones. If the area is not well rested then these cracks will not heal and ultimately lead to a complete fracture.
Some other causes of shin splints are:
- Muscle imbalance in the glutes or the thighs
- Anatomical deformity such as flat foot
- Not using proper form during training
- Lack of flexibility
- If you wear improper shoes during workouts, then it may lead to shin problems
- Running downhill may lead to excessive stress on the shin leading to shin splints
The symptoms of shin splints are:
- You may experience swelling in the lower leg
- A dull pain in the front portion of the leg
- Tenderness around the shin area
- Numbness around the shin area
- Inflammation in the shin area
- You may experience severe pain while walking
Treatment: The basic treatment for shin splints is the RICE (rest, ice, compression and elevation) protocol. It means allowing the leg to rest, applying ice packs and wearing compression bandages. It is recommended to take rest and not exert the leg beyond a certain point to limit the damage. The complications that may result from shin splints are compartment syndrome, where there is buildup of pressure in the muscle. In some cases, where the muscle tears off from the bone, a surgery may be required to treat this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.
Lower back pain is characterized by a constant feeling of pain in the lower back region. There are various Ayurvedic remedies that are used in treating lower back pain. Ayurveda is based on the belief that the body is composed of five elements; air, water, ether, fire and earth. The Ayurvedic remedies help in balancing the various constituents, thus reducing the pain.
The various Ayurvedic remedies for lower back pain are:
- Limit intake of spices: Various spices, especially the pungent ones, such as chilies tend to have a drying effect on the body. Excessive dryness in the body leads to an imbalance of the 'doshas', thus resulting in pain.
- Stay warm: It is recommended to stay warm in cold weather as the joints in the lower back region may be inflamed due to the cold.
- Focus on a proper Diet: Make sure the foods you consume are warm as cold foods can create imbalances in the body. Eating warm foods allows for proper excretion of bodily wastes. Also include natural foods such as vegetables and fruits in your diet.
- Avoid junk food: It is advised to avoid junk food at all costs; eating processed foods leads to toxin accumulation in the body that result in various complications. Thus, try and eat whole foods such as rice, nuts and legumes.
- Oil massage: Oiling your body with sesame oil helps in preventing dryness of the body and also enhances blood circulation. It also improves the health of the skin; making it young, supple and fresh.
- Exercise regularly: Exercise on a regular basis to keep your muscles and joints healthy. Postures such as the plank and the bridge help in strengthening various muscles of the lower back. The 'Cat cow' is another position that helps in relaxing the nerves of the back.
- Pranayama: Alternate nostril breathing techniques help in reducing aches in the body. It also revitalizes and increases energy levels in the body. Try and get into the habit of breathing from deep within the stomach in order to avail of the benefits of pranayama.