Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. PadmajaYour feedback matters!
The debate whether white potatoes are healthier or their sweeter counterparts can be put to rest if you consider the nutrient content of both.
It will be favourable to begin with the fact that each type of potato, whether white or sweet, has its own health benefits, though they differ in nutritional content. So, let’s take a look at what both have to offer when it comes to nutrition.
1. Starch and fibre content
Starch and dietary fibre are present in high amounts in both white and sweet potatoes. Starch provides your body with immense energy, enabling you to perform your daily tasks. As for fibre, it keeps your stomach full for a long time.
1 cup of white potato contains 10 grams of starch and 1.8 grams of fibre, while a similarly sized serving of sweet potato comes with 16.80 grams starch and 4 grams fibre. So when it comes to starch and fibre content, sweet potato is the clear winner.
2. Potassium content
Potassium is required by your body to aid the process of metabolism and to support the proper functioning of your nervous and muscular systems. When it comes to potassium, yet again sweet potatoes record a higher content. A regular cup of sweet potatoes contains 448 milligrams of potassium, while a cup of white potatoes contains 305 milligrams of the nutrient.
3. Vitamin content
Vitamin A plays a vital role in enhancing your vision and improving your immunity. Sweet potatoes are enriched with considerably larger amounts of vitamin A in comparison to white ones. Consumption of a cup of this spud in chopped form gives your body 18,869 IU or international units of vitamin A in comparison to the mere 6 IU contained in the same amount of white potatoes. Additionally, sweet potatoes prove to be superior in terms of vitamin C and B6 content as well, which provide for better metabolism and an enhanced nervous system.
So sweet potatoes are clearly better for your health than white ones. Moreover, their calorie content is also lower than that of white potatoes despite being sweet to taste.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Ovarian cysts are a common development in many women. Cysts are sacs filled with fluid which are formed in the female ovaries. Most cysts are harmless and do not even show any symptoms. However, some cysts do show outward symptoms like heavy bleeding, clotting, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain during the menstrual cycle, and pain during sex.
If you feel any of the above-mentioned discomforts, it will be in your best interest to consult a gynaecologist and get a check-up done. Most cysts are manageable unless they are very severe. In fact, it is best that cysts come to light at the right time and are efficiently managed, unless they develop into severe issues in the future.
Management of cysts
- Oftentimes, medical practitioners resort to what is called ‘watchful waiting’.
- At times, ovarian cysts disappear in a few months.
- It is recommended to take a blood test and an ultrasound to see the progress of the cyst.
- If you have already experienced menopause, then these tests are carried out every four months. This is because in such cases the risk of an ovarian cancer is at its highest and regular monitoring of the cyst is necessary.
Treatment of cysts
Ovarian cysts can be treated in their earlier stages. Here are some of the most popular treatments.
- Laparoscopy is one of the most popular treatments. It is a surgery carried out under general anaesthesia. The tummy is cut to a radius of a key hole and a laparoscope is inserted. This helps the doctor to see the internal organs, which is then used to remove the cyst. This method is less painful and has a quick recovery time.
- Laparotomy is the other method used for removing a cyst. In case the cyst is large, then one single large hole is made in the body to access the cyst. At times, the cyst and the ovaries are removed and sent for further laboratory inspection. This inspection is done to detect whether the samples are cancerous or not. This procedure is more complex than the previous one and might need the patient to stay in the hospital for a few days.
- In case you have a cancerous cyst, then your reproductive part itself would have to be removed rendering you barren for your life.
Ovarian cyst is very much treatable and is best to be detected at an earlier stage for better and faster treatment. Thus, it is best to go for regular check-ups and report in case of any disturbing symptoms.
I am having irregular periods like every month I have periods but there is 1 month n 20 days gap between my periods please suggest me what can I do.
I have small vaginal opening due to which we cant do intercourse successfully. Please let me know about use of dilators or other means to widen the vaginal opening.
Vaginal issues are usually connected with anomalies when it comes to discharge and even hormonal imbalances. A lot of ladies experience irregular vaginal bleeding or spotting between periods at some point in their lives. However, the periods might at times be irregular. Sometimes the bleeding is irregular and can occur at any age. Abnormal vaginal bleeding outside your menstrual cycle is called metrorrhagia and should be reported to a doctor immediately. In case it is accompanied by light-headedness, extreme pain or fever, urgent medical intervention might be needed. The bleeding is said to be abnormal when you are suffering from:
- Unexpected periods
- When your menstrual flow is lighter or heavier than usual
- When it is not expected like before age 9, when you are pregnant, or after menopause
Causes: Some of the most common causes for this abnormal bleeding could be:
- A growth in the uterus or cervix
- Medication change
- Premature delivery
- Vaginal dryness
- Hormone imbalance
- Polycystic ovary disorder (PCOS) , a hormonal imbalance.
- Contraceptive pills
- Possible pregnancy
Medical Help: Since abnormal bleeding could be a cause for concern, one must consult a doctor. Neglecting to see a specialist can worsen the problem. There is no home treatment for unusual vaginal bleeding. The treatment might depend on a number of factors. It includes the cause of bleeding, your age and whether you have children. Most of the women can be easily treated with medication while some of them might need surgical attention. With a few types of vaginal bleeding, it might be all right to hold up to check whether the draining stops or not. Check your symptoms to choose if you need to see a specialist.
Medication: Medicines for treatment of abnormal vaginal bleeding depend upon the cause. Some of the treatments are as follows:
- In case the reason for the bleeding is absence of ovulation (anovulation), specialists may prescribe progesterone.
- In the event that the reason for the bleeding is a precancerous or change in the coating of the uterus, progesterone medicines are prescribed.
- In case the reason is polyps or other kinds of growth, they are then removed surgically.
- In these cases, oral contraceptives can enhance cycle control and diminish dying.
- If the bleeding is excessive and cannot be controlled by any medicines, a surgical called dilation and curettage (D&C) might be vital.
- A hysterectomy is required when hormonal drugs can't control excessive bleeding.
A patient needs to make sure that only a professional should prescribe the medicines. One should not take over-the-counter medicines.
My daughter is 10 years old she is having regular menstrual cycle but having for a week she is good in diet& having some fatty & she doing regular walk & jumping exercise.
Hi I had done unprotected sex 5th of dec during the cause give him a i-pill for stop pregnancy. But reason is that's she's feeling much weakness, tiered, suffocate. So kindly tell me please what's the reason and if that's medicine not work properly then will we do for avoid pregnancy. Because we are newly married couple. Thanks.
What causes orgasmic disorders?
Orgasms are intensely pleasurable feelings of release caused by sexual excitement and stimulation. Difficulty in achieving orgasm can lead to dissatisfaction and problems in relationships. Orgasmic disorder or dysfunction, sometimes known as anorgasmia, inhibits one's ability to orgasm during sexual intercourse or other sexual activities. Both men and women can suffer from anorgasmia though it is more prevalent in women.
The three types of orgasmic disorders
1. Primary anorgasmia is when you've never had an orgasm
2. Secondary anorgasmia is when you suddenly have difficulty reaching orgasm, even though you've had one earlier.
3. General anorgasmia refers to the condition where you can't orgasm in any situation even with adequate sexual stimulation.
The causes of this disorder can be different for both the sexes. Here are the causes of anorgasmia in men and women:
Causes in women
Female anorgasmia can be caused due to physical or psychological factors or a combination of both. Psychological factors include anxiety about sex, stress, depression, self-esteem issues, fear of losing control in front of your partner, inadequate stimulation and relationship problems. Medical conditions such as diabetes, chronic pelvic pain and injuries to the spine or hormonal disorders and changes are physical factors that may cause anorgasmia.
Causes in men
Male anorgasmia also stems from psychological and physical issues. Medical problems such as diabetic neuropathy, genital surgery, pelvic trauma, spinal cord injuries, thyroid disorders and low testosterone levels can be the reasons for anorgasmia. Depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, stress and relationship issues also affect men just like in women and can be the cause of orgasmic disorder in men.
Other common causes
Those with a history of sexual trauma may particularly suffer from anorgasmia. Cultural and societal beliefs and lack of a safe environment also affect both men and women. Use of antidepressants and other medications have also been seen as a cause of orgasmic disorder in both the sexes. Fear of getting pregnant or getting your partner pregnant may inhibit a sexual response and cause anorgasmia. Substance abuse and alcoholism is a factor affecting both sexes and can lead to orgasmic disorder.
Related Tip: 5 Mind Reasons You're Might Not Be Getting an Orgasm
I'm 30 years old women, from bangalore , my question is I had sex at the age of 20 with elder than me 10 years I was very innocent had no knowledge of sex, I felt he used me so I had breakup, after few years I had attractions other guy had 2 times sex by using condoms, later I got married unhappy with sex no attractions no interest. So I discontinued to stay with him. Now I'm 30 years my feeling uncontrolled. Again I had attractions with some other men had sex. My question is I had with 3 different person with safety using condoms. Is going to effect to my health .I never got right person in my life .so I really worried .
I had sex with my gf .i dint penetrate .even I dint touch my penis to her vagina .we were some times with cloths n without cloths .is there any chance of her to b pregnant .like if my sperm is on her hand and after sometimes to toucher her vagina .or by some means .i repeat I dint penetrate. N dint touch my penis ever to her vagina area. Can she b pregnant?
It's my 1st pregnancy I started my 6 month since 17 July I feel something in my tummy but can't recognize that are they really movements. Can you please tell me the movement types so that it get easy for me to understand as its my 1st time.
I am 20 years old girl. I am concerned about my menstruation as they got delayed by 20 days. Maybe this happened due to malaria medications which I took for about a week for minor malaria. I am not sexually active. Please help me to get my periods as soon ae possible.
My wife and I planning for baby, we want to know what's the best time when she can conceive. How do we identify most fertile days? Kindly suggest.
10 Tips to Maintain Healthy Teeth :
“Be true to your teeth, they won’t be false to you.”
- Brushing :
- Brush your teeth twice a day.
- Night brushing is very important, because during sleep our mouth is at rest so there are more chances of accumulation of bacteria which cause further cavities and leads to disturbance in the oral cavity.
- Follow a proper brushing technique.
2. Use a good fluoridated toothpaste with a right toothbrush. Toothpaste should have 1000ppm of fluoride and toothbrush should have a small and narrow head with soft bristles.
3. Flossing :
- Flossing helps to remove food stuck in between your teeth.
- It can be done daily or 2-3 times a week.
- Waxed dental flosses available in market are of Oral B, Colgate.
4. Interdental Brush:
- If the spaces between the teeth are wide, you can use an interdental brush.
5. Oral Irrigation:
- Now-a-days, a new dental aid is added which helps to clean the teeth, interdental areas, inside the gums and below the crowns more easily.
- It is also known as dental “Water flosser” or “Oral irrigator” available in brands like waterpik, panasonic etc.
6. Drink plenty of water and rinse after every meal.
7. Clean your tongue surface daily.
8. Pit and Fissure Sealants:
- The grinding teeth in a person mouth erupt at 12-16 years of age. They have deep grooves and pits in which food gets stuck. A Sealant is applied to these teeth which makes the grooves shallow and prevents food and bacteria from getting into the teeth and causing decay
9 .Whitening - Home Remedies :
- Add a pinch of baking soda in drinking water and rinse twice a day.
- Consume strawberries once a day or crushed strawberries applied to teeth helps as teeth whitener.
10.Visit your dentist every 6 months and get your scaling (cleaning) and polishing done.
Dr. Puja Bansal - Prudent International Health Clinic, Kalyani nagar, Pune.
Hi, my wife feels pain in anal opening after sex. Also felt pain in complete vagina last night. We r doing sex since years .This is first time she feel pain in vagina and anus. Pls suggest.
During period I have heavy bleeding and a lot of body ach, stomach pains a lot. Usually pain lasts for 5 days. Is there any treatment for it?
This is a male sexual disorder whereby a male cannot maintain an erection of his penis during copulation.
Complete absence of any sexual desire. Coitus is possible with any women from timr to time but, not consistently. Ejaculation occur, coitus before or at the moment of contact of the penis with other the introitus or immediately after insertion. Erections occur, coitus is possible with some women, but not with other. Sexual desire is present, nocturnal emissions and spontaneous erections occurs, but a female partner cannot produce an erection. The penis is inserted into the vagina and coitus takes place, but ejaculation does not occurs.
Homeopathic medicines are able to cure impotency properly like sel, lyco, damiana etc and result in a good sexual life.