Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Padike
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. PadikeYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old. I am facing problem related to knee injury. Which medicine should I take to overcome this injury?
Am suffering from knee disability. Cannot walk except 20-30 metres due to cartilage loss in both knees. Am 64, male. How often can I have cortisone injections on my knees? They help me to stand and walk.
I am 23 years old female and suffering from backache. My job involves lot of sitting on the chair. I have tried many pain relieving ointments, but they are of no help. Please suggest.
She has a problem of knee joint pain since 2 years. Especially when there is a rain or takes bath with cold water. please help.
My wife she is 25 years old her health is good but she said everyday left hand (solder to hand) has pain since 2 months. One more she had sleep in night time over all 4 to 5 hours sleep only. She do not sleep properly. Please advise.
The shoulder is one of those joints in your body that enjoys the maximum wear and tear by virtue of being an extremely mobile joint and one of the most over-worked as well. This increases the risk of dislocation and instability. Arthritis is one of the most common causes of pain, as per various medical reports and is usually found to affect the tendons, ligaments, and even the muscles and joints of the body due to excessive wear and tear. There are various kinds of shoulder arthritis and treatments that are available. Read on to find out more.
Rheumatoid Arthritis: This autoimmune condition creates stiffness in the shoulders along with rheumatoid nodules or small bumps under the skin of this region. It may affect both shoulders at the same time. Swelling or inflammation of the joints is a common occurrence in this condition along with fever, fatigue and weight loss.
Osteoarthritis: This form of arthritis basically has to do with wear and tear of the connective tissue and bones. The symptoms are pretty severe and can go from tenderness to pain and stiffness with an increased risk of bone fractures.
Post Traumatic Arthritis: PA or post traumatic arthritis occurs due to an injury in the shoulder and can cause instability as well as dislocation of the shoulder. A sports injury is the most common cause of this kind of arthritis. Pain and inflammation are the most common outcomes of this kind of injury and arthritis.
Avascular Necrosis: When the tissues of the shoulder joints go through damage, it leads to this form of arthritis. Joint dislocations and fractures are the most common causes of this kind of damage. This usually happens because blood flow does not happen over the long arm bone to reach the shoulders due to the damage rendered to the tissue. Excessive alcohol consumption and high steroid intake can also lead to this damage.
Rotator Cuff Tear Arthropathy: This kind of arthritis is caused due to a rip in the shoulder cuffs.
The most common forms of treatment include surgery like joint replacement surgery (replacing the damaged parts of the shoulder with an artificial prosthetic joint), Arthroscopy (cleaning out of the joint with minor incisions), and resection arthroplasty (removing the bone from one’s collarbone). Also, corticosteroid injections can be given and anti-inflammation drugs like ibuprofen can be prescribed for this condition. Exercises and physical therapy will also be helpful in such cases so as to strengthen the shoulder and joints.
It is important to also make lifestyle changes to give rest to the shoulder and abstain from too much alcohol consumption.
I have a shoulder dislocation problem which is recurring for every 2 to 3 years. What the preventive action shall be taken in order to avoid?
I am 35 years old male and have backache problem for last 2 years. Please suggest me how to get rid of this problem.
In Ayuveda, muscle cramp is known as “khalli vaata”. Vyaana vaata it is a biological force that is responsible for regulating the functioning of your voluntary muscles. In case of a muscle cramp, the vyaana vaata gets impaired. Metabolic wastes are harmful toxins that tend to get accumulated in your system if not flushed out of your body and deposited between your muscle tissues and nerve-endings. This toxic waste is known as “aama” in Ayurveda, and it is known be a prominent cause of cramps. Besides aama, vata dosha is also responsible for muscles cramps.
Ayurveda provides a number of remedies to treat the problem of muscle cramps. The following are some of the most effective remedies to relief the discomfort of muscle cramps:
1. Drink warm milk to get instant relief from abdominal cramps. The alkaline properties of milk help to pacify the acidic condition in stomach that results in cramps. It is also a rich source of calcium which is known to aid in the relaxation of troubled muscles.
2. Physical activity including stretching exercise is effective in reducing the acute pain of leg cramps.
3. Garlic compound which is also called as 'Lagsunadivati' is helpful in relaxing muscles and it is also known to calm the “vata dosha” that aids in relieving muscle cramps.
4. Do warm up exercises and stretching exercises to lessen the risk of developing a muscle cramp during your workout session
5. Increase the intake of foods that are rich in minerals, calcium, potassium and magnesium as it is known to reduce the chances of muscle cramps.
6. Massage the painful region with 'prasarini taila' or 'mahanarayana taila' to relax the strained muscle.
7. Apply ice pack on the strained muscle to reduce the swelling and pain of the muscle.
8. Sinhanaada guggulu is well known to provide instant relief from muscle cramp. It has medicinal properties which have a mild laxative effect. It eases the problem of abdominal cramps and lessens the discomfort associated with it.
9. In case of extreme pain, 'Lakshmivilaas rasa', “Prataapa lankeswara rasa”, are among the most effective Ayurvedic medications which are known to provide relief in case of chronic muscle cramps.
If you wish to discuss about any specifi problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.