Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P.R. VishwakarmaYour feedback matters!
Exercise can benefit your digestive system. The benefit, however, depends upon your time and type of exercise. When you exercise, your body slows down the process of digestion. Maximum supply of blood is directed towards the muscles and lungs. Thus it is to be kept in mind that you shouldn't exercise after having heavy meals. You may suffer from heartburn or vomiting if you take heavy meals before exercising. However, if you exercise empty stomach, you can see health benefits. Your digestion time must not be the same as your time for exercise.
There are several relaxation techniques, physical activities and exercises to help absorption of essential nutrients. Exercise can help your digestive system in the following ways:
- Boosts Blood Circulation: Exercise improves the flow of blood through our entire body. Thus the supply of blood to the digestive systems is also improved. The digestive system starts functioning better. With regular exercising, the digestive system starts functioning faster. An individual gets rid of gastric problems like gas, heartburn, constipation and stomach cramps.
- Digestive Routine: It is important that you exercise at the right time. Proper exercising before having meals is a very healthy habit. It will encourage you to develop a healthy and effective digestive routine.
- Yoga for Digestion: It is a low-energy exercise. It helps in strengthening of the stomach muscle and facilitates digestion.
Precautions: One should keep in mind a number of things while exercising for a healthy digestive system. You must fix up a proper schedule for exercising. You can't take larger and heavier meals, rich in proteins and fats, just before exercising. Drink adequate amount of water after exercising as it causes dehydration. Patients who suffer from frequent attacks of diarrhea should avoid caffeine intake while exercising or later.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
Cardiomyopathy includes diseases involving the heart muscle. These diseases have various causes, types, symptoms and modes of treatment.
The heart muscle gets enlarged, thick or rigid. In several cases, the heart muscle tissue is replaced with a scar tissue. As this condition worsens, the heart gets weaker and the ability to pump blood is disrupted, which can cause heart failure or irregular beating of the heart. The weakened state of the heart can lead to valvar diseases.
The different types of cardiomyopathy are:
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: This is a common form and affects people of all ages. Men and women are affected equally. This condition arises due to the enlargement and thickening of the heart muscle. The ventricles, the septum and the lower heart chamber usually thicken, which causes obstruction in pumping of blood by the heart. This disease also causes stiffness in the ventricles, and cellular changes in the tissue.
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy: This form of cardiomyopathy develops due to the enlargement and weakening of the ventricles. The issue arises from the left ventricle and develops over time. It may even affect the right ventricle. More effort is put in by the heart muscles for pumping blood and slowly the heart is unable to pump blood effectively. This condition may lead to heart failure, valve diseases or blood clots in the heart.
- Restrictive Cardiomyopathy: This disease occurs due to the stiffening of the ventricles, without thickening of the walls of the heart. The ventricles are not allowed to relax and do not receive a sufficient volume of blood supply. This condition causes heart failure and valvar problems over time.
- Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia: This rare form of cardiomyopathy occurs when fat or fibrous tissues replace the muscle tissue of the right ventricle. This causes arrhythmias and disruption in the electrical signals of the heart. It generally affects teens and may cause cardiac arrest in athletes.
- Unclassified Cardiomyopathy: Some types of cardiomyopathy of this category include left ventricular non compaction where the ventricles develop trabeculations. Takotsubo cardiomyopathy is another disease where immense stress causes failure of the heart muscles.
Treatment: Many cases of cardiomyopathy come and go away on their own. Treatment for other cases depends on the severity and symptoms. The major treatment methods are:
Lifestyle changes meant for a healthier heart.
- Nonsurgical methods.
- Surgery and implants
Modes of surgery for treatment of cardiomyopathy include:
- Septal myectomy
- Heart transplant
Implant devices such as Cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) device, Implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD), Left ventricular assist device and pacemakers are fitted into the heart for better performance.
Cardiomyopathy can be of many different types, each arising from different situations and conditions. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the complication or on the basis of symptoms.