Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. P R VenkateswaranYour feedback matters!
P H Bhanage
Amazing. In current times tribe like that of Dr. Wenkateswaran is dwindling. As far as his professional acumen is concerned, I already have heard a lot and I did not find anything that can betray that feeling. He is not only a Good Doctor, he is also a very fine human being, which is becoming rare. GOD BLESS HIM.
See I am 20 ears old boy. My Hand is panning every time. What's are the treatments for this pain please help and proceed mybproblumes.
I am in college first year and my branch is related with computer but my eyesight is weak so is there any solution from which I can work on computer and my eyesight will not get more weak?
I have two problems First is regarding my eyes. I feel pain in eyes while using mobile or while driving in evening? Second one I have some fat on my tummy how to reduce it?
I had an accident on 17th of jan 2016. There were wounds and swelling on my face. Now swelling is reduced to some extend but a part (white) of my right eye is Red from inside please suggest something.
M suffering form weak sight as I found my eyes muscles are very weak. Advice me any eye drop or medicine to over come this.
I have red eyes last few days. Still not right now what I am do for solve this please guide me about this problem. Thanks.
Hy, I'm Rahul and I worried about my eyes, my eyes is so weak, right - 0.25 and left - 0.75. And I wanna join in Delhi police. I don't have much more time, I think Delhi police physical test held in 3 month. So may you give me a advice. What should I do. What a home treatment and something else.
I am a 52 years old male with both diabetic parents. My fasting BS is between 85-100 and PP 110-120. I go for 30 mins walk in the morning and do 10 mins free hands exercise and pranayama as well. I have a 8 hr desk job with computers. Myopic. Using specs for past 35 yrs. For past 2 yrs, the IOP is in the range 18-22. String-pulling like pain in the eyes, mostly the right one. Pl. Advise.
I am a diabetic patient from last 2 years. I am getting checked my blood sugar level regularly doing well. If sugar level will be high at any tym for any reason my eye sight will be blurred. So Please suggest me the prescription.
Actually I have a disease in my eye cratognos and I will be treatment in aiims C3R and after that my eyes will be proper fit or not.
I can not sleep in night. And my hair is falling without limits. I can not see things which are small and near to me. What can I do for improve my eye sight and how can I sleep well.
I m facing a little problem. I have red eyes for 2days. I used Olopat Od twice a day but nothing happened. What should I do?
I cant sleep on night at time please what should I do. I think my eyes got weaker. Suggest me multivitamin for eyes.
I have week eye sight. What should I do for increasing my eye sight. I am a kid of 16 yrs. I am suffering from myopia.
I'm feeling pain in my eyes and head when I'm using computer for more than 1 hour Can you suggest me any suggestion.
LASIK is a corrective eye surgery that aims at repairing the vision impairment. It is known as laser in situ keratomileusis. This surgery is typically used to fix nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism.
So can this surgery help in removing your spectacles and giving you crystal clear vision? Let us find out!
- Definition: The LASIK procedure basically works towards reshaping the cornea, which is the clear portion that coats the eye. This is responsible for proper travel of light to the retina where it must focus in an appropriate manner so as to reach the back of eye.
- Corrective Technique: With its cornea reshaping technique, this procedure is effective in correcting vision and removing spectacles for at least 96% of the patients who go through this treatment.
- Convenient: The LASIK surgery is a highly convenient one that hardly creates any pain. Numbing drops are used to minimise the pain that may be felt during the procedure. Also, the time taken for the correction is very little with most procedures commencing within a day or two. Further, this procedure does not require any bandages or stitches and usually works with a powerful laser beam.
- Eyeglass Dependence Reduction: Most patients have a dramatic improvement in the quality of their vision and do not require glasses, while other patients usually have a reduced dependence on eyeglasses once the surgery is done.
- Preparing for the Surgery: To prepare for the surgery, it is imperative to meet and coordinate the details with the ophthalmologist who will examine your eye carefully and seek to determine the risk of any kind of side effect. Also, the doctor will ask specific questions regarding the medical history of the patient before conducting the surgery. As a part of the preparation, the doctor will also take measurements of the corneal thickness and other such factors like refraction, corneal mapping, pupil dilation and air pressure, so as to carry out the surgery in the most effective manner. Do not wear your contact lenses for at least three weeks before this evaluation so as to get the correct reading which will make the surgery much more effective due to the correct settings applied to the pulses.
- Procedure: During the procedure, an instrument known as a microkeratome laser will be used to lift the flap of the cornea which will be peeled back while the corneal tissue is reshaped. Then the cornea flap will be put back in its position.
Remember to be prepared for some amount of dryness in the eyes once the surgery is over. Talk to your doctor about other side effects.