Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. P R SidhwaYour feedback matters!
I have a pain in my left leg (mascular) above my ankle, which has been there for a long time. I have applied ointments time to time. I can feel some sort of knot at the point of pain. It gets more intense when I go for running.
I have been suffering from neck and shoulder pain for quite some time. I feel numbness on the fingers of both hands and a tingling sensation on the hands as well. Please advise.
I have pain in left heel nerve (tendon) when I walk. When I sit then no feel any pain. I took Medicine (paracetamol+diclofenac+chlorzoxazone) & reaction-100+vit. B complex But no benefits. Tell me any medicine.
What should I do to reduce my weight? Because my height is 5'6 and my weight is 75. Its also because I have a ligament tear in my both the knees (left and right) so keeping this in mind how can I reduce my weight so as less weight falls on my knee? Please suggest me.
My dad 45years old my dad backache last 10days using pain relief ointment cream but haven't no any pain relief what should I do.
I'am 24 years of age and have 2 childrens after my 1st child birth i'm suffering from sever back pain.
He suffer from pnimoniya. This disease caused by spinal & back oppression side effect. So help me out how to he recover.
Sir I am 30 years old male. Last three days I am chest pain in left side and left hand pain & shoulder pain. Yesterday I hv done ECG . But ECG is normal. But still little chest pain and heaviness in left side . My bp is 118/72. What I hv to do.
1. Avoid prolonged sitting for more than half hour.
2. Do daily stretching of your calf/hamstrings/lower back muscles.
You will never have back ache in your life again.
Hello sir I am guddu I am 30 yrs old man n I have suffering from leg pain problem so what should I do.
I'm having a headache since my childhood. It's heals when I take tablets and after few days it's comes again. It's more in winter. Does I have a brain tumour or something like that or just a normal headache. please suggest some scans or suggest which doctor I have to consult. Thanks.
Lower back pain can be one of the most physically debilitating things that can affect you and limit your mobility. Even if the pain isn’t that acute, it could still signal something deteriorating in your lower back. While oral medications, topical creams or sprays can help in reducing pain, there are other effective remedies you can try on your own. These will be handy when you have no medications at hand. One of these is the hot and cold therapy.
Heat therapy for lower back pain
Heat works well with lower back pain as it can dilate blood vessels and improve circulation within the tissue. This will help in circulation and also result in lowering the pain. Heat therapy will also loosen up other muscles in the area and help soothe sore areas which have been taking the burden along with the lower back muscles. Some of the techniques that can be applied are:
1. All day heat wraps: These are specially manufactured belts or wraps which wrap around your abdomen and keep tightness and pressure on your lower back as well as supplying heat.
2. Electric heating pads: These are mechanized heating pads which generate heat with electricity. You can place them under you back and then either sit or sleep with it positioned behind you. However, ensure that you don’t keep these for too long as they could burn your skin.
3. Hot compress with towels or hot water bags: Use a clean towel and heat it over a conductive surface and apply it on your lower back. You can also use hot water bags for the same purpose.
Cold therapy for lower back pain
Cold therapy uses the principle of constriction of blood vessels as well as slowing circulation. This will help numb the area and thus help relieve the pain. Some of the ways these can be administered are mentioned below.
1. Ice towel: In this method, soak a towel in ice cold water, wring it to dry it and then apply on your lower back. This will numb the pain without transferring the sting of the cold or damaging your skin.
2. Ice packs: Put about half a kg of ice in a plastic Ziploc bag and pour water over the ice to just about cover it. Push out the air out of the bag and then lock it. Use this ice pack with a towel to ensure that you back doesn't get wet.
3. Ice gel packs: These are ready made packs, which can be bought from medical stores and kept frozen to be used whenever you need it in order to relieve lower back pain.